Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft-beers Pubs Meet-up for Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

:mad:

Don't forget the silly Dub accent.

Now now, after ye have said that I'm gonna ham it up da-librah-lee loike

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Now now, after ye have said that I'm gonna ham it up da-librah-lee loike

Luckily...I'm not from Limerick either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Luckily...I'm not from Limerick either :D

We all live in hope that some day....you will go back home :P

We all live in hope that some day....you will go back home :P

I live in hope every day

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'll bring along my Heineken Cup Ticket for Sundays match if somebody wants to buy it. ;)

• Advertisement

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I'll bring along my Heineken Cup Ticket for Sundays match if somebody wants to buy it. ;)

Eh I thought the match was on Saturday?? ;) :pac:

Eh I thought the match was on Saturday?? ;) :pac:

12:45 on the 18th. Double checked on http://www.munsterrugby.ie and defo the 18th.

ah wait a sec, are you going?

12:45 on the 18th. Double checked on http://www.munsterrugby.ie and defo the 18th.

Ye got the link wrong there BB - it's deffo Sat :pac::pac:

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/match_centre.php?section=overview&fixid=158868

Ye got the link wrong there BB - it's deffo Sat :pac::pac:

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/match_centre.php?section=overview&fixid=158868

Oh Sorry you meant THE Match as in Leinster. Guffaw Guffaw :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll post an up-to-date picture tomorrow or Thursday and ye can look out for my devilishly handsome face when ye get there. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'll post an up-to-date picture tomorrow or Thursday and ye can look out for my devilishly handsome face when ye get there. :cool:

Let me do that for you.

sexy-sloth-goonies-demotivational-poster-1218284213.jpg

Insect Overlord, bringing it back.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Im gonna pop along, bout time i showed my face at a beers, apart from Athletics foum. Il be at a party in Clohessys from earl evening on but the minute the free drink runs out which will be fast, il pop along

Il know no-one to see so if eclectic could talk as loudly in her tallaght accent for a while, it should help me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

If ye want aswell, if you are going and don't know anyone - if you PM me I'll give you my number to help you find us.

Yes, thats to help you find us..

NOT FOR SEXEH TIME!!!! /Looks at IO

Have 8 X Shepherd Neame for the lot going Friday night. These are in the car and will soon be in the fridge awaiting you. Bear in mind these are FREE and my Christmas gift to you lot. Only if you turn up at the Blind Pig though. ;)

It's also quite important to note that Friday is my birthday and I am sacrificing a night home with the missus to come with you lot to drink Non Alcoholic beer. :(

e3e6b221.jpg

but im not drinking :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Have 8 X Shepherd Neame for the lot going Friday night. These are in the car and will soon be in the fridge awaiting you. Bear in mind these are FREE and my Christmas gift to you lot. Only if you turn up at the Blind Pig though. ;)

It's also quite important to note that Friday is my birthday and I am sacrificing a night home with the missus to come with you lot to drink Non Alcoholic beer. :(

quick one BB, given that i'd like to try one or two different beers friday night, well, obvious really, does the whole "bad idea mixing drinks" apply? i'd prefer to wake up with a fresh head in the morning with none of the adverse side effect normally associated with a bad pint of guinness even! basically if you could recommend a safe starter for a newbie? :D

xsiborg wrote: »
    quick one BB, given that i'd like to try one or two different beers friday night, well, obvious really, does the whole "bad idea mixing drinks" apply? i'd prefer to wake up with a fresh head in the morning with none of the adverse side effect normally associated with a bad pint of guinness even! basically if you could recommend a safe starter for a newbie? :D

Mixing drinks only really applies if you are going from stout to lager to cider to spirits to etc etc.

You can move between premium products without too much problems. Your only issue will be the strength of them as far as I'm concerned. The one in the Picture is 6.5%.

Starter drink in The Locke - if that's where we start would be O'Haras Irish Red if you want to be all Irish about it or to start with a crowd pleaser try to Old Speckled Hen.

For those who want something special in th Locke bar that you won't find in very many places(subject to them having it) is the Molly's Chocolate Stout. :D

chocolate you say? well, if you're going to try something 'different', lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

xsiborg wrote: »
    chocolate you say? well, if you're going to try something 'different', lol :D

Not a fan of the chocolate, tried some of a mates before and found it almost too chocolaty.

• Advertisement

Mr Baron kind sir...where along the way will i be able to get some NA erdinger?

Red Ale and Pale Ales are the nicest for those trying something different for the first time.

Stick with me. That's what I will be drinking. I don't know about the Locke or O'Connells as they are not my customer directly. They might have Paulaner Non Alcoholic as it's supplied by Heineken so should be everywhere I'm not selling to.

Stick with me. That's what I will be drinking. I don't know about the Locke or O'Connells as they are not my customer directly. They might have Paulaner Non Alcoholic as it's supplied by Heineken so should be everywhere I'm not selling to.

Sweeeeet cheers man

Red Ale and Pale Ales are the nicest for those trying something different for the first time.

hmm, when i think of red ale i think of smithwicks, my old man used drink it, could never hack the taste myself, always so much more bitter than guinness, although nowadays guinness more and more commonly is being brewed with that 'more bitter' taste, hence why the search to find a drink that goes down easier... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭adaminho

Definately in Mickeys anyway, and Bourke's.

Right whats the starting time and place so....i need to work out logistics and get my people to talk to other people...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Locke, staying there from 19:30 - 20:15?

Sweet as...

• Advertisement

Awwwww man, that's some fast drinking! I sure hope they do girly-size bottles or It's gonna be a long Saturday.... :p

I gotta say I'm dying to try me an Erdinger Snowbeer (it sounds so cute! And I love me some Erdinger...)

Advertisement