Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Very good win. First time in a while that I felt we truly dominated despite the scoreboard. Massive improvement defensively.

Eagles lost too so great day all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just saw that stat that said that's the Redskins 5th straight road win after winning only 1 of the previous 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

We're playing well, tough to beat right now and we have 3 winnable games coming up if we hit the bye week 6-2 or even 5-3 then we are in a solid position. We have 6 tough games after the bye week with three Vikings, @ Cardinals and @ Cowboys all really tough asks (throw in Green Bay at home too) but all in all we are in a much better place right now than it appeared we would be after the first two games.

Kirk still missing some throws which we are not going to get away with against better offences. The defence though has looked better and better, Norman was a terrific signing, he's a brilliant corner.

Awful and very worrying news about Su'a Craven's concussion today. Apparently his eyes are all over the place and he'll have to wear glasses for the rest of his life. It didn't say but I presume he can't play again?

EDIT - scrap that, looks like the internet has embellished the story a bit.

Well this game has gone bad in the blink of an eye and it all started with Davis' jump shot after the TD.

• Advertisement

We're dominating in every facet of this game. Crazy its 14-14. Hope that throw doesn't get to Kirk.

Morrison J wrote: »
    We're dominating in every facet of this game. Crazy its 14-14. Hope that throw doesn't get to Kirk.

Nice comeback on that drive.

Awful play call again on that 3rd and short.

Can't remember us dominating a game like this for a long time. We're literally battering them everywhere bar the scoreboard.

Best Kirk has played since 2015 too. Great touch to his throws.

Can't remember us dominating a game like this for a long time. We're literally battering them everywhere bar the scoreboard.

Best Kirk has played since 2015 too. Great touch to his throws.

Need to see it through now. It'll be awful if they lose this

• Advertisement

They could have killed the game there with any sort of drive but instead get a 3 and out and take only a minute off the clock.

They could have killed the game there with any sort of drive but instead get a 3 and out and take only a minute off the clock.

Great couple of plays there. Another chance now to kill the game now.

Great couple of plays there. Another chance now to kill the game now.

Brilliant run by Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Great win,didn't expect it tbh

Fantastic win. We're on a bit of a roll now and Kirk is starting to look more like his 2015 self. Very positive.

Could do with the Packers beating the Cowboys later too. Division is so winnable once again imo.

Fantastic win. We're on a bit of a roll now and Kirk is starting to look more like his 2015 self. Very positive.

Could do with the Packers beating the Cowboys later too. Division is so winnable once again imo.

Real pity that the Ravens didnt hang on

Cousins played well, nice to see Vernon Davis catch a couple qulity player and if we can utilise him and Reed at the same time we should give ourselves some real red zone targets that can go up against anyone.

It's one of those days lads.

Too many yards after catch been given up today.

Great hold there though.

Bad game today. Just never got going. And why they change the way they play defence once they get a lead and it's late in the game baffles me.

Is that 0-9 for Joe Barry in Detroit now?

Such a tough loss. Just didn't get any breaks and made some big errors, Jones in particular.

Really hope Norman and Trent Williams are ok. Not ideal if we're missing our best three players in Norman, Williams and Reed next week. Kinda turns into a near must win game now looking at our schedule.

• Advertisement

Such a tough loss. Just didn't get any breaks and made some big errors, Jones in particular.

Really hope Norman and Trent Williams are ok. Not ideal if we're missing our best three players in Norman, Williams and Reed next week. Kinda turns into a near must win game now looking at our schedule.

They'll be alright, it's only AJ Green they're up against.....!!!!!

What do you guys think of both teams only arriving in London on Friday morning? Obviously they've done their research and homework etc. on when the best time to arrive is and whichever team wins, it will seen as a great call but whichever one loses will probably be slated in the media, especially if they look sluggish in doing so.

I know whenever I fly from the States to here, I'm fecked for days. Mind you, I'm always in steerage so can never get sleep whereas I'm sure the team are travelling in luxury.

Good news for the team but I don't know how good it is for the players' long term health though.

https://twitter.com/aroundthenfl/status/791718936664354817

What do you guys think of both teams only arriving in London on Friday morning? Obviously they've done their research and homework etc. on when the best time to arrive is and whichever team wins, it will seen as a great call but whichever one loses will probably be slated in the media, especially if they look sluggish in doing so.

I know whenever I fly from the States to here, I'm fecked for days. Mind you, I'm always in steerage so can never get sleep whereas I'm sure the team are travelling in luxury.

/i dont think its a bad thing, like you said probably traveling first class with seats that extend to beds. I would the only drawback is not being able to train in the beautiful weather we are having. You heading over yeah Jack?

You heading over yeah Jack?

Yeah. Only a quick visit though. First flight out Sunday morning and last flight back.

Yeah. Only a quick visit though. First flight out Sunday morning and last flight back.

Be a good time though, hopefully the Skins win too! :D

Mack Brown signed from the practice squad so it looks like Matt Jones isn't going to play.

Mack Brown signed from the practice squad so it looks like Matt Jones isn't going to play.

Jones is a loss even if he does have some problems holding onto the ball.

The winning kick!

29espar.jpg

• Advertisement

Good day yesterday. Feels like a loss though.

Advertisement