Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fungal Nail Infection: Curanail, Loceryl, what next?

Options
  • 11-11-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I've had a fungal nail infection on my big toe nail for a while now. Last year a pharmacy recommended Curanail. After six months of use, there was no sign of any positive effects. I went to a podiatrist and she suggested Loceryl. However, I'd have to go to a GP to get a prescription for it.
    Fortunately, I bought some online from Germany. It's make by the same manufacturer of Curanail, Galderma.
    However, I've been using it for close to six months and it's having no effect.

When I was at the podiatrist, she said that many of these products may not work. It's a case of using one for six months and if it's not working, move on and try another.

So, I've used Curanail and then Loceryl to no avail. Can anyone recommend the next treatment? It's only a nail infection, a cosmetic issue, so I won't be going to the podiatrist or GP and intend to buy the product in the EU.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Tea Tree oil is cheaper and more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If nothing has worked so far and it's a problem, then you're probably best off going to a doctor and getting a prescritpion for something that will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

My hubby has used this successfully after trying many various brands to no avail,
    Fungi Nail anti fungal treatment pen applicator - 1.7 ml - he got it on Amazon.co.uk

He ordered 3 of them to get free postage. Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Sorry, medical advice is not allowed on forum. Thread locked.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement