Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

We stayed in the Sequoia Lodge a few years ago. Breakfast was a self service buffet, so we brought a backpack with us and stocked up on rolls, ham, fruit, croissants, etc for lunch in the park. It's one way to save your self a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Have stayed in New York and sequoia. Preferred sequoia but as others have said they're all fine.

I wouldn't do full board. Dinner is meh. Breakfast buffet was not bad in sequoia.

My only advice is try and avoid the weekends there if you can. The queues ruined it for me and are very tough with small kids.

I'm going to go early March. Monday to Thursday. That's there "super saver" time and quiet time so hopefully it will be ok cos one of my kids will be 2.5 and that's part of the reason I am looking for close enough accomadation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I'm going to go early March. Monday to Thursday. That's there "super saver" time and quiet time so hopefully it will be ok cos one of my kids will be 2.5 and that's part of the reason I am looking for close enough accomadation

Should be nice and quiet. I'm assuming you'll have a buggy because there's lots and lots of walking no matter where your hotel is.

Should be nice and quiet. I'm assuming you'll have a buggy because there's lots and lots of walking no matter where your hotel is.

Yeah I'll have one. Might need it for myself lol!!! I'm so excited. Can't tell the kids til January atleast and I know they will torture me everyday til we go 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

We stayed there a few years ago. The location is good. Food and drink is expensive there. But I think it's overpriced. If we were going again I would stay in one of the F1 or Ibis hotels for about 1/4 of the price.

• Advertisement

Just booked it!!!! thanks again for all the tips x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lojanus

Billund is great fun. We were there in May 2017. We were worried about rain and low temperatures - it was 8 degrees during the day. But finally we got away with the rain - it was cloudy but no rain. Most of the attractions (75%) are outside and they are really great if you are there with kids. It is a mixture of an amusement park and a lego exhibition. Accomodation should be booked in advance and they have some good places to stay. Lalandia is amazing with small streets in a big building and blue sky painted on the ceiling...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Anyone ever use the TGV fast train from CDG to Disney. Having hasske at the min booking tickets online, wonder is the site a bit banjaxed but is it expensive? Fair interested given the apparent 12 minute travel time.

Sosurface wrote: »
    Anyone ever use the TGV fast train from CDG to Disney. Having hasske at the min booking tickets online, wonder is the site a bit banjaxed but is it expensive? Fair interested given the apparent 12 minute travel time.

Yes it's good. And if you're a transport geek it's nice to have a quick trip on the tgv. Can't remember cost but cheaper than shuttle.

Don't know why more dont use it.
    Maybe some are intimidated by having to switch terminals on arrival at GDG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Yes it's good. And if you're a transport geek it's nice to have a quick trip on the tgv. Can't remember cost but cheaper than shuttle.

Don't know why more dont use it.
    Maybe some are intimidated by having to switch terminals on arrival at GDG

Is it much hassle to get to the TGV plattform in CDG itself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lovebug

I really recommend the hi park hotel in series literally outside the park. It's close to Val d'Europe mall and there's a free shuttle bus too. It's got an outdoor pool and also has a small gym. Rooms vary and come with kitchenettes

Nope depending on the terminal you fly into get the CDG VAL airport shuttle train to the TGV station and go to a self serve ticket desk or ticket office. Keep an eye on timetables though cos there's a gap of a long wait time in the middle of the afternoon. Like from 2-4.

It's about €15 one way. But that's the exact same price to get the other commuter train into Paris and then change which takes almost an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

lovebug wrote: »
    It's about €15 one way. But that's the exact same price to get the other commuter train into Paris and then change which takes almost an hour.

It can be more expensive (depending on when you book) and private transfers are competitively priced

Plenty of options getting from CDG to Disneyland. Some suit others more

No it's easy. You need to get to terminal 2. Just follow signs for CDG VAL which is the free train that does a loop of all the terminals every few minutes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone know the best way to book tickets for Disneyland Paris so 2 adults and 2 kids can visit Walt Disney park on one day and Disneyland on the other?

It looks as though the cheapest way is to buy 8 separate tickets in 2 transactions for 336 euros but want to see if I've missed a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Can anyone advise where is best to buy a one day pass ( family of 5 ) for Disney Paris please? I would like to get the fast pass with it too, This will be in August, we will be passing through Paris for only a day or two on the way back to the ferry. We were there a few years ago and did three days. Kids are a bit older now but would still like to have another visit to Disney.
    thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,232 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

is it not another trick to buy a year ticket and get a multi day spin this year and also next year (obvously a little earlier to fall within the 12 months)

We have a yearly pass for Legoland Germany for the family and the savings are massive compared to just buying day tickets. A year pass there works out the same as 2 days admission if you work it right. I saw somewhere that Eurodisney wasnt much different (albeit both daily and yearly tickets being multiples of what youd pay for legoland!)

http://www.disneylandparis.ie/annual-passports/

A couple of things to check.

(1) I think the pass isn't valid on the second day i.e. if you buy an Annual Pass on a Monday, it isn't valid on the Tuesday. This is to prevent people buying them to avoid the 3-day passes. If you want a day-trip to Paris, this isn't an issue, you just go on the day you can't visit the park.

(2) The cheaper annual passes have blackout days throughout the year, this isn't usually a problem, again if you want to visit Paris itself as well. However, Halloween is the big one that is blocked off for several days. Don't go with the cheapest of the four passes as it blocks off Christmas as well.

(3) Go with a pass that includes free car parking, as that means you can stay nearby in aparthotels or Airbnb the second and third time you visit and travel by car, often quicker than staying in the Disney hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,232 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Anyone know the best way to book tickets for Disneyland Paris so 2 adults and 2 kids can visit Walt Disney park on one day and Disneyland on the other?

It looks as though the cheapest way is to buy 8 separate tickets in 2 transactions for 336 euros but want to see if I've missed a better price.

That is the MINI 1-day 1-park ticket.

That is the best value option for just two days, however, you can't use it in July or August. You can only use it on weekdays in May, June and September.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Planning on going to Siam Park for a day with my 6 yr old and was wondering is it necessary to buy the fast pass or do without?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Queues can take up to an hour that time of year. Get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mena wrote: »
    Queues can take up to an hour that time of year. Get it.

Ok thanks. To clarify this is the fast pass for rides not for park entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Considering going to PortAventura in Costa Dorada the 2nd last week of July.

Just wondering is staying in the park hotels with direct access, discounted tickets, etc. worth it or is there a better option?

We like a bit of luxury so not necessarily looking for the cheapest solution but don't want to pay over the odds either.

Any advice welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

I know this is an old thread but we decided to go.to Disneyland Paris for a few days as we are in Paris next week.

Does anyone know the best place to get a 3 day tickets at short notice.

Either an email voucher or even maybe if anyone knows if it would be best to buy at the gates or from agents over there?

TIA

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Disney are offering 3 days for the price of 2 on their website, print at home tickets.

Scroll down the page to multi-day tickets:

http://holidays.disneylandparis.ie/offers/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

Graham wrote: »
    Disney are offering 3 days for the price of 2 on their website, print at home tickets.

Scroll down the page to multi-day tickets:

http://holidays.disneylandparis.ie/offers/index.html

Hi. Thanks for that.
    They seem to be even cheaper at a website called 365tickets. Anyone ever used that website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Hi. Thanks for that.
    They seem to be even cheaper at a website called 365tickets. Anyone ever used that website?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057752487

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Hi,

I'm looking to book a 2 week holiday this August in Disney World, Florida. What are the best agents for this in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to book a 2 week holiday this August in Disney World, Florida. What are the best agents for this in Dublin?

Any travel agent will do it for you but you're going to pay a premium leaving it this late. Most Disney holidays are booked 6-12 months in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Hi all anyone been to Salou? we're heading there this summer for a week and considering options. I've been told it's worth going to the 'dry' area in Port Aventura? Thoughts?

Any recommendations regarding nightlife for a couple - we like live music with a bit of life not nightclubs or family restaurants!

Advertisement