Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting ethical conundrum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Actually, thats wrong. In that scenario, Argentina would top the group having beaten both of the other tying teams head to head, and Ireland would rank higher than France having won the head to head between the two remaining tying teams.

So, if we do beat France, they cant pip us

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Thank you. Well answered both!

Edit: Even better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭webbie

Imhof Tank wrote:
    Actually, thats wrong. In that scenario, Argentina would top the group having beaten both of the other tying teams head to head, and Ireland would rank higher than France having won the head to head between the two remaining tying teams.

So, if we do beat France, they cant pip us

I stand corrected you are dead right, all we have to do is win on Friday and we are through, its as easy as that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

webbie wrote:
    I stand corrected you are dead right, all we have to do is win on Friday and we are through, its as easy as that :rolleyes:

lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Ireland will probably lose against France and beat Argentina by a point. France will score a bonus point win against Georgia and qualify as will the Argies leaving us behind. Bizarrely enough this would be a good result for the Irish now, how we have fallen. Jesus our world cup is over before it began and we havent lost a game what a pisser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭webbie

webbie wrote:
    Of course what's probably going to happen is that Ireland fail to get bonus against Georgia loose to France and get no bonus here either and go into final game with standings like this:

France 15
    Argentina 14
    Ireland 9

So Ireland have to beat Argentina, score 4 tries and stop them getting a loosing bonus point. So basically have to repeat one of Munster's miracle matches against Gloucester or Sale.

Me and my big mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

ya wha Gay?? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement