Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cobaas

Pompous wrote: »
    mhiggy09's cobble is at 110, 585. The rail that brings you there starts underground at spawn (172, 178). I put a sign there indicating what direction to go.

Cheers Pompous, it'll make building the rail tunnel back to spawn ALOT easier!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just a thought, but when 1.9 comes out would anybody be interest in a race to gather every item in the game in chests?

Handy list here - http://www.minecraftinfo.com/items.htm

Apart from not using any gear that you've previously acquired, does anyone have any thoughts on the rules of such a challenge? No prizes, just a bit of fun. We could even do it UHC style, and settle ourselves on some far-away island for the quest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Cobaas, the rail line to your place is completed :D You can change or alter it however you want. I might continue further north with it, not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Just a thought, but when 1.9 comes out would anybody be interest in a race to gather every item in the game in chests?

Handy list here - http://www.minecraftinfo.com/items.htm

Apart from not using any gear that you've previously acquired, does anyone have any thoughts on the rules of such a challenge? No prizes, just a bit of fun. We could even do it UHC style, and settle ourselves on some far-away island for the quest.

Sounds fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you try the Chroma Hills resource pack, be aware that it include new "realistic" animal faces that are freaking me out. Imagine waking up in the morning to find this standing next to you. :eek:

377713.png

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

Cobaas, the rail line to your place is completed :D You can change or alter it however you want. I might continue further north with it, not sure yet.

Oh Cheers! Is that in the nether or the main world?

I'll check it out when I get a chance!

Cobaas wrote: »
    Oh Cheers! Is that in the nether or the main world?

I'll check it out when I get a chance!

It's in the normal world! The train platform is just on the other side of the ice river south of your base. Couldn't be bothered making one last bridge over it :o

It's in the normal world! The train platform is just on the other side of the ice river south of your base. Couldn't be bothered making one last bridge over it :o

Haha nice one!

Ive been running through the nether to get back to spawn lately, kinda dangerous!

I'll probably connect the hub at my base back to spawn too in the next week or so, have you got any powered rails that i could use by any chance?

Haha nice one!

Ive been running through the nether to get back to spawn lately, kinda dangerous!

I'll probably connect the hub at my base back to spawn too in the next week or so, have you got any powered rails that i could use by any chance?

Yeah I have tonnes, I'll leave them by your base tomorrow.

Looks like version 1.9 is actually nearing completion :eek:

Pre-release version out now, full 1.9 version available in 8 days.

http://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-pre-release-1/

Unbelievably long time coming, this patch. 541 days since 1.8 was released. Pomp, will you be able to change the version on the current server?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

I don't know dude, but I'll certainly try my best!

1.8 introduced all them new ores like quartzite and granite etc, which made it kind of awkward to just switch versions on an existing server (you would have to travel to unexplored locations to generate new chunks to get the new ores). Is there anything like that in 1.9?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

AFAIK no new overworld blocks/ores/structures that generate naturally other than the occasional grass path or beetroot patch in villages. The End is a very different matter... you'll likely need to delete an existing End and let players generate a new one by hopping through the portal... beware of dragons... ;)

I don't know dude, but I'll certainly try my best!

1.8 introduced all them new ores like quartzite and granite etc, which made it kind of awkward to just switch versions on an existing server (you would have to travel to unexplored locations to generate new chunks to get the new ores). Is there anything like that in 1.9?

There's no major changes in the overworld, only new thing I can think of is the igloos (not important). The big change is in The End, with new stuff that generates thousands of blocks away from where the player originally starts there. They add a portal thing that teleports you there. I think that's all been designed to be compatible with 1.8 world saves. The only thing that can really happen is that it gets rid of my ender farm, which I don't really mind.

Solitaire wrote: »
    you'll likely need to delete an existing End and let players generate a new one

I hope it's that simple.
    I think that's all been designed to be compatible with 1.8 world saves.

Nice!

Any idea when this is being released?

I hope it's that simple.

Nice!

Any idea when this is being released?

Think the full version is due a week from today

Are we going to be upgrading to 1.9 next week?

Are we going to be upgrading to 1.9 next week?

The release was pushed back to next week, after that it's basically whenever Pompous has the time to do it for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Thought I may as well ask here, could I get added to the town hall?

Name is Leoplureodon.

Thought I may as well ask here, could I get added to the town hall?

Name is Leoplureodon.

I made them back when I had admin powers on the server, which I no longer have, so i won't be able to do it for you.

Was doing some enchanting and ended up with a spare diamond pickaxe with silk touch, anyone want to trade 3 diamonds for it? (3 diamonds so I can make a new pickaxe hopefully with fortune!) Anyway let me know if you're interested!

• Advertisement

Was doing some enchanting and ended up with a spare diamond pickaxe with silk touch, anyone want to trade 3 diamonds for it? (3 diamonds so I can make a new pickaxe hopefully with fortune!) Anyway let me know if you're interested!

I'll take that deal! Where is your base?

You know where my base is!

Right at the very end of the rail track on the Northern branch, managed to connect the nether hub back to spawn the other day, not fleshed out yet though so atm its just a tunnel!

Ill leave it in a chest by the railtrack tomorrow morning, wont be on tonight and its in my inventory

You know where my base is!

Right at the very end of the rail track on the Northern branch, managed to connect the nether hub back to spawn the other day, not fleshed out yet though so atm its just a tunnel!

Ill leave it in a chest by the railtrack tomorrow morning, wont be on tonight and its in my inventory

Yes, I do know where your base is :o

I'll leave a chest there tonight

Yes, I do know where your base is :o

I'll leave a chest there tonight

All done! Cheers!
    I left it in the same chest for you :)

@Darkglasses You might want to check out the nether portal by the beacon at spawn, on the nether side :)

I revived my single player world to do the end city thing in 1.9. Pretty intense experience.

You need to craft 4 ender crystals to revive the dragon, which requires 4 ghast tears. That was pretty cool.

The dragon fight itself is now bloody painful. Theres cages surrounding the healing crystals now, which is a bit crap I think. Also the new abilities the dragon has are dreadful. It can sit on the floor, invulnerable to range attacks, and spray acid everywhere. Really slow job.

Then got to the end city. The new shulker mob is really cool, very cool to fight. Found some elytra wings. Got murdered by an ender man on my way home, still not used to the new sword mechanics. FFS.

Mixed bag overall. It was cool to have an hour in Minecraft where I was glued to the action, couldn't even pause it for a second. That said, new dragon fight is crap. Looking forward to exploring the rest of the update and using the new blocks and stuff. End rods and chaurus plants look deadly.

Does that mean it's time for me to update the server?

Does that mean it's time for me to update the server?

Yes! Elytra is so sick. And also, we'll need a team effort to beat the dragon this time for reals.

Yes! Elytra is so sick. And also, we'll need a team effort to beat the dragon this time for reals.

Sounds fun!
    Hopefully be updated soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Server upgrade in progress? It appears to be offline at the moment.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement