Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get a food intolerance test?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RedMen15

RedMen15 wrote: »
    Pat Boyd based in Sligo does food intolerance testing and is excellent. Does regular clinics around the country. Can find her details with a quick google.

Hi do you have a number for pat Boyd by chance.
    can you PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Yellow River

There was a time when people believed the world was flat. When first proposed, the theory of gravity was denied. Despite all the evidence in support of IgG food intolerance tests, some people continue to deny them.

It was back in the year 2000 when Dixon and his team published his scientific paper on IgG food intolerance tests. At that time, these tests were only in their infancy and have improved spectacularly since those early development days. At that time Dixon and his scientists conducted a study on 100+ patients to assess the benefits associated with the IgG food intolerance test.

That study concluded:
    1. That 70% of the trial patients experienced a 75%+ improvement
    2. That of those studied, 25% had incapacitating symptoms and this group achieved 80%+ improvement

Study Conclusion: “Elimination of positive IgG foods is successful in significantly decreasing symptoms”

That publication is available on a Google search:
    “Treatment of delayed food allergy based on specific immunoglobulin G rast testing” by Dixon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I think the issue with food intolerance might also lie within the gut and the makeup of your current gut bacteria.
    I know that if I cut out of sugar and wheat for a few months at a time I build up a tolerance to wheat and sugar.
    When I restart eating sugar and wheat, for example at Christmas, then I get no flare ups for a few weeks or months.

The theory is that it takes a few weeks of unhealthy eating for the bad bacteria to create an imbalance again.

IgG tests in combination with stool bacteria analysis would be interesting.

Would this Health Diagnostics Lab food intolerance test be any use? I was reading this article - Consumers warned they cannot rely on food intolerance test kits: Authority says there is no single test to diagnose food intolerance (29 Jan. 2018) - and I'd obviously rather get it done properly than pay for something unreliable.

What tests are most accurate today, or do any of them really test for 750 items? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Would this Health Diagnostics Lab food intolerance test be any use? I was reading this article - Consumers warned they cannot rely on food intolerance test kits: Authority says there is no single test to diagnose food intolerance (29 Jan. 2018) - and I'd obviously rather get it done properly than pay for something unreliable.

What tests are most accurate today, or do any of them really test for 750 items? Thanks.

This crowd are good if you are in Dublin

https://www.allergy-ireland.ie/

Advertisement