Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what the wire actors did next...

• 28-10-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

It seems "Heroes" is where the actors from the Wire are moving to. Marlow and Bubbles have been on the latest season so far. It must be a major change of pace from the reality based script of the Wire.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Alot of them have bit parts in different series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Michael (Tristan Wilds) has a part on Beverly Hills 90210 :eek:

His story was really tragic on the Wire, same with Dukie and Randy.

It's so unfair yet true to life that Namond is the one who gets away from it all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

K4t wrote: »

It's so unfair yet true to life that Namond is the one who gets away from it all.

I dont think so. He never really wanted in. Michael did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

From the mountainous fatness of many of the characters, they've probably landed in the heart clinic or the funeral home by now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Lance Reddick is a regular in "Fringe" and had semi-frequent appeareances in "Lost".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ixoy wrote: »
    Lance Reddick is a regular in "Fringe" and had semi-frequent appeareances in "Lost".

I also doubt that's the last we will see of him on Lost!

kearnsr wrote: »
    I dont think so. He never really wanted in. Michael did
    No, Michaell was the one who knew how important school was. Whenever Namond asked him to go on the corner, he refused. He also refused to take Marlo's money.

The only reason he got caught up in 'the game' was because he was sexually abused as a kid. I'd hardly call that 'wanting it'. Would you?

No, Michaell was the one who knew how important school was. Whenever Namond asked him to go on the corner, he refused. He also refused to take Marlo's money.

The only reason he got caught up in 'the game' was because he was sexually abused as a kid. I'd hardly call that 'wanting it'. Would you?

He didnt take Marlo's money because he didnt want to be his bitch. He knew how important school was for Bug thats still not to say he didnt end up doing what he wanted to do.

He didnt take Marlo's money or do what Namond told him to do as he was his own man. He was very independent.

Where was he sexually abused? I dont remember that.

Any ways back on topic

He didnt take Marlo's money because he didnt want to be his bitch. He knew how important school was for Bug thats still not to say he didnt end up doing what he wanted to do.

He didnt take Marlo's money or do what Namond told him to do as he was his own man. He was very independent.

Where was he sexually abused? I dont remember that.

Any ways back on topic
    It is strongly implied that Michael was sexually abused by Bug's father. Just look at Michael's distrust of adult males (he won't let Cutty touch him and won't let Cutty drive him home alone. When Prez tries to talk to him he turns on him.) He doesn't want to be in the 'game'. He realises how important education is for him and Bug like I already said.
    But then Bug's father returns and we realise the history between him and Michael. Just watch the episodes, listen to the dialogue between Michael and his mother. "People change" etc.
    Then when Snoop asks Michael what Bug's Dad did to him he stays silent and looks up at Chris. Chris realises as he himself was sexually abused as a kid. We learn this later. Anyway, it is finally known when Snoop and Chris are walking Bug's father down the alleway and Chris starts asking him if he's a paedophile.
    Then later, when Michael commits his first murder Chris says "You can look them in they eye now, no matter who they were or what they did". This implies that both Chris and Michael were vicitms of sexual abuse.

I don't think Michael wanted in the 'game'. It wasn't him, he knew it and so did Cutty. But when he asked for Marlo's help in getting Bug's father taken care of, he was theres.

It is strongly implied that Michael was sexually abused by Bug's father. Just look at Michael's distrust of adult males (he won't let Cutty touch him and won't let Cutty drive him home alone. When Prez tries to talk to him he turns on him.) He doesn't want to be in the 'game'. He realises how important education is for him and Bug like I already said.
    But then Bug's father returns and we realise the history between him and Michael. Just watch the episodes, listen to the dialogue between Michael and his mother. "People change" etc.
    Then when Snoop asks Michael what Bug's Dad did to him he stays silent and looks up at Chris. Chris realises as he himself was sexually abused as a kid. We learn this later. Anyway, it is finally known when Snoop and Chris are walking Bug's father down the alleway and Chris starts asking him if he's a paedophile.
    Then later, when Michael commits his first murder Chris says "You can look them in they eye now, no matter who they were or what they did". This implies that both Chris and Michael were vicitms of sexual abuse.

I don't think Michael wanted in the 'game'. It wasn't him, he knew it and so did Cutty. But when he asked for Marlo's help in getting Bug's father taken care of, he was theres.

back on topic. This is for another thread

• Advertisement

back on topic. This is for another thread

because he is 100% right?? :D:p

Deirdre Lovejoy-getting typecast? saw her in a few eps of Eli Stone as...an ADA! :p

tvnutz wrote: »
    because he is 100% right?? :D:p

Deirdre Lovejoy-getting typecast? saw her in a few eps of Eli Stone as...an ADA! :p

I did say it in my post before hand as well!

BAZM8 wrote: »
    It seems "Heroes" is where the actors from the Wire are moving to. Marlow and Bubbles have been on the latest season so far. It must be a major change of pace from the reality based script of the Wire.
    My brother was watching Heroes last night. Seeing a big shock of lightning or something come out of Bubbles's hand made me lol. That show is so ridiculous, it's definitely got a lot worse imho.

We should probably expect a few actors from the Wire popping up in the Law&Order series.

Dominic West (McNulty) is slated to play the villain, Jigsaw, in the December 2008 movie Punisher: War Zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Loved the way Bubbles in heroes was essentially bubbles from the wire with powers.

Robert Wisdom aka Bunny Colvin was in Supernatural this week. He played an angel that wanted to destroy a town. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sobotka is in True blood, pretty small part though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Micheal K Willaims/Omar has a part in an up coming film called The Road, he also had a tiny part in the Hulk. Wendell Pierce/The Bunk will be starting in the new David Simon show Threme and i wud expect to see Lester show up in that. Hurk has a small part in Entourage to, as did Spirios he was the studio head of Warner Bros

Jay Ru wrote: »
    Micheal K Willaims/Omar has a part in an up coming film called The Road, he also had a tiny part in the Hulk. Wendell Pierce/The Bunk will be starting in the new David Simon show Threme and i wud expect to see Lester show up in that. Hurk has a small part in Entourage to, as did Spirios he was the studio head of Warner Bros

Wendell Pierce was in Numbers during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭rochie16

No one seems to have mentioned that Idris Elba is now a big-time film star

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Yea I've seen him in "American Gangster", what else is he in? Very good actor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭rochie16

2 others I can think of are 28 weeks later and RocknRolla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 El Diablo89

Marlo is in max payne saw him on a trailer yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Ziggy was in generation kill, he's nowhere near as annoying in generation kill though.

Aidan Gillen (Carcetti) from Drumcondra is going to be in a film called 12 Rounds coming out next year, playing (oh dear) a tarrist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Rounds_(film)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Jay Ru wrote: »
    Hurk has a small part in Entourage to, as did Spirios he was the studio head of Warner Bros

Wee-Bey/Hassan Johnson had a very small part in Entourage too.

Remember when Turtle signed that promising rapper Saigon? Wee-Bey was the guy that took him from Turtle cos they 'already had a deal'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Seth Gilliam is popping up in Law & Order: Criminal Intent for few episodes. His character's name is Detective Daniels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

Bunny Colvin was in prison break
    Bubbles was in the terminator series!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Avon Barksdale pitched up in House recently as a hostage negotiator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 adrohan

Idris elba a.k.a stringer is in The unborn (david s goyer) and Prom night if I do recall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

bubbles was in an episode of numb3rs there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

what part in Heroes is bubs playing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

I take it everyone saw Omar in RKelly's masterpiece Urban Operara "Trapped in the closet" playing...the cop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,225 ✭✭✭✭Penn

poindexter wrote: »
    what part in Heroes is bubs playing??

He was in it a few episodes ago as a guy who creates vortexs (vortices? :pac:)
    Claire had to track him down. In the end, he created a vortex thing and jumped into it himself so I'm pretty sure he's gone for good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Saw Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) on Fringe last night playing a weirdo computer programmer, didn't really look the part at all :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Don't think it has been mentioned yet but there's 2 actors in the first episode of Generation Kill (haven't seen any subsequent ones yet), James Ransone who played Ziggy and Benjamin Busch who played Colicchio I think it was, the guy with the hair all shaved on the side, he looks no different in this.

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Saw Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) on Fringe last night playing a weirdo computer programmer, didn't really look the part at all :rolleyes:.

Gbenga Akinnagbe (Chris Partlow) was also in the episode. ALong with series regular Lance Reddick we had 3 Wire actors in that episode. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

mc nulty showed up in that channel 4 series the devils whore as Cromwell
    marlo was in heroes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Saw Dom West in the new punisher movie. Judging by his acting in that film you could never believe he could be a good actor. He just stinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

MayoForSam wrote: »

He was a priest, with hair, on Life on Mars US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Frankie Faison (Comm. Burrell) is in "Nick & Norah's Inifinite Playlist" (
    thank **** it's not inifinite, ****ing ****e
    ).

John Doman (Rawls) was in Damages.

Now Lester has just popped up in Damages. Although they were playing completely different characters I couldn't get their Wire alter egos out of my head - quite a surreal scene with 'Rawls' in the jack dressed in a blue sequined dress and 'Lester' pops up behind him to discuss federal investigations into his business. My brain melted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

well just finished watching the last episode of The Corner,what a great series but so depressing and to think it was made 8 years ago,but such a devastating last episode left me throwing my hands up in the air in desporation ,sorry i did not see it before i watched the wire,all i will say if you can get it and watch it an excellent series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Now Lester has just popped up in Damages. Although they were playing completely different characters I couldn't get their Wire alter egos out of my head - quite a surreal scene with 'Rawls' in the jack dressed in a blue sequined dress and 'Lester' pops up behind him to discuss federal investigations into his business. My brain melted! :D

Same here - I couldn't help thinking that the Damages writers were making a little 'in' joke by having Rawls dressed in drag for his first encounter with Lester.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Omar played a homless fella in Boston Legal, he was great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Idris Elba aka Stringer Bell is in The Unborn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I was looking up imdb to find out track someone I saw in an ad for Brothers & Sisters.

There I noticed that Sonja 'Kima' Sohn is now in Brothers & Sisters.

Nil crossover appeal there ;) ?

FWIW, the actor in question was also in Studio 60 ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Amy Ryan (Beadie) is now Michael's new love interest in the episodes of the American version of the The Office currently showing on 3e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

It might be old news, but Dominic West mentioned this in an interview on Newstalk yesterday morning. He said it was even better than the wire!

'Wire' Vets Join HBO's 'Treme'

Wendell Pierce, Khandi Alexander set for David Simon's pilot

34097155.jpg?title=Clarke+Peters+of+'The+Wire' Clarke Peters of 'The Wire'

"The Wire" creator David Simon is turning to some familiar faces for his next HBO project.

Two regulars from "The Wire" cast, Clarke Peters and Wendell Pierce, have signed on to Simon and Eric Overmyer's drama pilot "Treme." Former "CSI: Miami" star Khandi Alexander is in talks to join the show as well, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Alexander has a connection with Simon as well, having starred in the Simon-penned miniseries "The Corner" in 2000.

"Treme" will follow the lives of musicians and others who live in the titular New Orleans neighborhood as they try to rebuild their lives in the post-Katrina city. Pierce, a New Orleans native, will play a jazz musician who's fallen on tough times since the storm and who still has a soft spot for his ex-wife (Alexander), a bar owner.

Peters is set to play the leader of a Mardi Gras Indian tribe who's trying to get members of his tribe back home.

Alexander left the regular cast of "CSI: Miami" at the end of last season. She may still make a few guest appearances on the show.

• Advertisement
Advertisement