Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet advice

Options
  • 18-05-2014 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Am currently doing exams, and my diet has gone to hell. I'm hoping to lose some weight before summer.

I'm about 5ft 3, and 67kg. Last time I weighed myself I was 63kg, but then exams happened. :o

When I started college, I was size 12-14, then I dropped to size 8 by the end of first year, but my weight hadn't changed at all (mid 60's ish). I went back up to a size 10, which seems to be about my resting point.

Now I'm not really looking to lose a lot of weight, just to get more in shape I guess.

On an average day, I'd have tea and toast for breakfast, or else just tea, or sometimes a smoothie. I'm not a big breakfast person.
    Then for lunch, I might have a chicken roll, or a cheese sandwich, or just toast. This is all white bread by the way.
    Then for dinner, it might be pasta and chicken, or rice and chicken, or pizza. I do try to get a fair bit of veg in there and I do measure everything out.

Snacking over exams has gotten crazy though. I haven't been logging everything, but had a bit of a binge day the last day (had 4 doughnuts and chilli nuts :o) and it came to about 2400 on myfitnesspal, which I know isnt a huge number, but it's alot compared to the 1800 I'd usually hit on a good day.

Snacking isn't usually an issue, I'm not massively keen on fizzy drinks or biscuits, just the odd one with tea. Bread would be my vice though, just the convenience of it. I will admit I can be pretty lazy with food. I'd drink a fair bit of tea during the day, but I'm thinking about cutting down/stopping/switching to herbal, as I've noticed the milk hasn't been agreeing with me over the last few weeks. My consumption of tea has increased with exams :o

I do like running, I started last year, but stopped when it got cold, and never really got back in the rhythm, but I am off for a run later, so baby steps :)

Anyway, I was hoping for any advice you can offer, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Squat Rack Curler

Hi all,
    Am currently doing exams, and my diet has gone to hell. I'm hoping to lose some weight before summer.

I'm about 5ft 3, and 67kg. Last time I weighed myself I was 63kg, but then exams happened. :o

When I started college, I was size 12-14, then I dropped to size 8 by the end of first year, but my weight hadn't changed at all (mid 60's ish). I went back up to a size 10, which seems to be about my resting point.

Now I'm not really looking to lose a lot of weight, just to get more in shape I guess.

On an average day, I'd have tea and toast for breakfast, or else just tea, or sometimes a smoothie. I'm not a big breakfast person.
    Then for lunch, I might have a chicken roll, or a cheese sandwich, or just toast. This is all white bread by the way.
    Then for dinner, it might be pasta and chicken, or rice and chicken, or pizza. I do try to get a fair bit of veg in there and I do measure everything out.

Snacking over exams has gotten crazy though. I haven't been logging everything, but had a bit of a binge day the last day (had 4 doughnuts and chilli nuts :o) and it came to about 2400 on myfitnesspal, which I know isnt a huge number, but it's alot compared to the 1800 I'd usually hit on a good day.

Snacking isn't usually an issue, I'm not massively keen on fizzy drinks or biscuits, just the odd one with tea. Bread would be my vice though, just the convenience of it. I will admit I can be pretty lazy with food. I'd drink a fair bit of tea during the day, but I'm thinking about cutting down/stopping/switching to herbal, as I've noticed the milk hasn't been agreeing with me over the last few weeks. My consumption of tea has increased with exams :o

I do like running, I started last year, but stopped when it got cold, and never really got back in the rhythm, but I am off for a run later, so baby steps :)

Anyway, I was hoping for any advice you can offer, thanks!

Return to previous calories after exams, lift weights(run if you enjoy aswell)
    Adjust calories/exercise as you progress

Advertisement