Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debts :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all... nothing at all... nothing at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Wow - I would love not be in debt.

Owe various banks about 20k right now - have been trying to clear the debts for the past 6/7 years but with the interest they keep adding to them, I now owe even more than ever.

stupid borowing (or lending) years ago, led to me now being unable to sleep, worrying my ass off and generally being sick.

At this stage, they are thretening courts :(

and none of the above includes mortgage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

8k car loan and 2k to my girlfriend in lieu of services provided

• Registered Users Posts: 28,851 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

35notout wrote: »
    Wow - I would love not be in debt.

Owe various banks about 20k right now - have been trying to clear the debts for the past 6/7 years but with the interest they keep adding to them, I now owe even more than ever.

stupid borowing (or lending) years ago, led to me now being unable to sleep, worrying my ass off and generally being sick.

At this stage, they are thretening courts :(

and none of the above includes mortgage.....
    why is it stupid lending. They get paid either way so its 100% stupid borrowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

About 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Quazzie wrote: »

I absolutley agree - my fault for getting into this mess - but despite 7 years trying to clear the loans, they keep adding interest. I cannot afford to repay more than I am currently doing - will just keep paying for the next 10 or 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Quazzie wrote: »

Tis true. The bank didn't make you go looking for the loans.
    In my case, i have about ?8k on a car loan (car is worth roughly ?4500 now,) ?3400 on credit card, which gets minimum payment every month, so its taking ages, ?600 for rent, as herself is out of work and i have to carry it all, phone is roughly ?60, and some more.
    All told, i say out about ?1400 a month on bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bacon?

15k more or less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Nothing at all, I'm the same as a couple of posters above... If I don't have the money for something I won't buy it, or at least save till I do. I don't like the whole idea of buying something on credit! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,851 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

35notout wrote: »
    I absolutley agree - my fault for getting into this mess - but despite 7 years trying to clear the loans, they keep adding interest. I cannot afford to repay more than I am currently doing - will just keep paying for the next 10 or 20 years.
    If you go to the bank and tell them this they might consolidate your loan over a longer period and match the payments to what you can afford. (Most) banks will accomodate this as they want you to pay back the loan and be able to take out another loan, thats how they make their money. Having someone barely matching minimum payments is the last thing they want, as your simply another bd debt to them.

Arrange a meeting with your bank manager with the intention of restructuring payments to suit what you can pay. Thats win-win for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Thankfully debt free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Roughly 5 grand between a credit card and loan.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

About 1k on credit card (this is constantly maxed out, only pay the minimum each month. Have just made the decision to give it to my mother and tell her not to let me use it until I have paid at least €500 off.)
    Have an overdraft of €500, which I always reach or go over by the end of the week.
    Don't know how much is left on my car loan, probably around 8k.
    Owe my mam €50.
    BF owes me €200 though :) but will be using that to put towards holiday

5k car loan and another 4k from college debts

i have my monthly payments sorted so if i keep my job, i'm grand.. if not, the car loan is protected for a year but the rest of the money would be a major issue.

i used to worry about debt, but every time i drive my car, play my xbox or flick through my itouch, i think it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Nothing at all. Living life debt-free does wonders for my skin.

Surely you mean it does wonders for your scales? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

I owe about 500 on my CC - will be paid off at the end of the month though.

That's all!

I'm owed around 2k though... and don't think I'm ever gonna see that again! :mad:

I'm also down 1/3 of my weekly income which sucks... but I guess could be worse if I was riddled with debt on top of that.

AHers seem to be all very prudent and here was me thinking the whole country was drowning in personal debt!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Well I owe some on car but its worth more (Even in these times of low car values), I clear the credit card always and Ive some money in the bank. They need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I currently owe money on my college and car loans. I didn't actually want to buy a car, least of all the car I bought, but I love the car now. It's definitely my most expensive toy, since I'm only learning to drive, and don't have access to the car during the week, but eventually it'll be worth it - I hope.

I've never paid interest on my credit card, in the three plus years I've had it, which I would never have believed. I don't understand the free money opinion people have of credit cards, but then again plenty of people wouldn't understand the debt I'm in, so *shrugs*.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

€0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

€2050 on credit card - hoping to have it clear over the next four/five months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

6k which should be paid off in about six months. If it comes to it, I have more then enough assets to be able to pay it off within a month. I don't like selling stuff though.

Then I'm going to put myself about 20k in dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A ****ing lot of money after the Government bailed out the rich bankers.:mad:
    Our grand kids will still be paying that off in years to come.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Nuffin. I paid the whole lot off. Learned my lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Confab wrote: »
    Nuffin. I paid the whole lot off. Learned my lesson.

Fairplay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

CiaranC wrote: »
    I love the way people are just throwing the old mortgage in as an aside :)

Ah sure Ive only another half a mil to pay on that

My current monthly repayment is quite a bit less than I would pay to rent in the same estate, so unless I fancy moving in with my old pair in my mid-thirties, it's a fairly non-negotiable outgoing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lickarse1

Had to cutup the visa card Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Lickarse1 wrote: »
    Had to cutup the visa card Ouch

Fair play for doing it though - I know a lot of people who couldn't survive without their cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im totally in the black, thank god. apart from renewing my tv licence over the next few days i owe nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

i owe credit card 1: 7000 euro
    credit card 2: 1000 euro
    credit card 3: 1300 euro
    credit union : 20000 euro
    gas bill: 600 euro
    car loan: 10000 euro

Advertisement