Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating fresh soup cold

Options
  • 18-05-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Is it true that eating fresh soup cold is healthier than boiling it as it destroys the vitamins and minerals? I want to eat the avonmore chilled soup straight from the carton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

It's already been boiled to fook so can't see what diff re-heating would make. I don't think it'd be very palatable either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And a 200mg serving contains a fifth of your daily salt allowance @ 1.2g

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

Good so there's no issues with raw bacteria either if it's already been boiled? I wouldn't eat this often but I find it helps the day after heavy workouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

nails1 wrote: »
    Good so there's no issues with raw bacteria either if it's already been boiled? I wouldn't eat this often but I find it helps the day after heavy workouts.

No what I meant was that the perceived nutritional damage has already been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

When you said "fresh" soup, I didn't think you meant Avonmore ...!!

Nothing at all wrong with making some raw veg into a homemade smoothie. Might be something to consider!

• Advertisement
Advertisement