Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible Gluten Intolerance?

• 17-05-2014 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 16 Lisa2215

Hello

Lately I have noticed I have been having issues which all seem to be symptoms of gluten intolerance. These symptoms include:

-stomach cramps / gas / bloating
    - diarrhea/constipation
    - loosing hair- new baby hair growth?
    - rash on lips like cold sores, extreme dryness that won't go away?
    - irritability

Just wondering if anyone else has had any of these symptoms? And if I cut out gluten should I see an improvement immediatley or does it take a while?

Also I am in my mid twenties so just wondering is it normal for this to come on suddenly? Would I not be suffering my whole life?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

Let me start with saying that possibly gluten intolerance most likely does not exist, a good article on that is here:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2014/05/06/are-you-really-gluten-intolerant-maybe-not/

Unfortunately coeliac disease does exist and is very dangerous. There are so many symptoms of this affiliation that it is hard to make any guess based on that, however using blood tests it is possible to exclude coeliac disease. Please visit your GP and do not modify your diet at the moment, as once you stop eating gluten you will be harder to diagnose. Coeliac disease can start at any age and if it is ignored it would lead to very serious implications which may not be reversible.

It is possible for it to start later on yes

Advertisement