Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the longest you've gone without sleep?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm desperate for getting a good night's sleep at the best of times but a recent annoying one was a few weeks ago when I got back from New York. I got about 2 hours sleep the last night so was awake from 5am Monday morning NYC time. Flight wasn't until around 9pm and got in at 5:50am Irish time.

I went home and straight to bed but couldn't sleep, getting texts from people asking me if I got home. Even if I turned the phone off I wasn't getting to sleep.

That night I got no sleep at all and had work Tuesday morning. So it was until some point after going to bed Tuesday night/Weds morning that I eventually caught up on some well needed sleep. Story of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

I've done my fair share of crazy work stints.

Anyone else find that they start to go legitimately crazy after about 3 days without sleep?

over 65 hours straight last year during final year exams..

woke up thursday morning, did all nighter that night
    did exam friday morning, out friday night, no sleep (don't ask)
    in pub for a birthday until 1am the saturday night.

i remember all the details perfect cause i thought it was pretty impressive at the time.. wake up thursday and goto sleep on saturday :D then i had my last exam the wednesday after and went mad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

4 days while working in a bar in Ayia Napa, I was having microsleeps at one stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

53 hours, got 2 hours sleep and then went to a lecture and stayed up for another 9 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Three whole days, without the assistance of illicit substances. Don't ask..

I did an all-nighter only once before an exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Did an all-nighter by mistake before an exam last week. I was fine the next morning, took a few insurance cappacinos before heading off for the exam.

All finished now, I would HATE to be facing into finals right now:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

seen a sign on a motorway in uk that TIREDNESS CAN KILL

so i always get enough sleep just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I managed about 70 hours once. At the Young Scientist. I actually feel asleep at one of my judgings.

Suffice to say, I did not win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

36 to 40 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

About 2 hours...Im always nodding off at inappropriate times....work..,in the shops...,in the shower,..driving..:eek:
    Think its called Narcolepsy or something like that but Im not too...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

83 hours is my best so far from my younger days but I used to spend a lot of time training for it , spending 24 hour 48 hour periods awake at one time. I actually wanted to sleep around the 70 hour mark but for some reason found that I couldn't until I eventually collapsed asleep at 83hrs. I found that I couldn't really speak either, just a load of gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

What the hell is wrong with you people. Think the most I've done is like 20 hours. I need sleep :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stayed up for about 48 hours, albeit on a bender, a good few years ago. No way could I do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

72 hours for me. I was watching the first three seasons of 24 back to back on DVD. Feckin' well worth it.

Advertisement