Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cobra Group

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There is a bunch of guys all right who give people suitcases full of teddies and **** to sell having told them their clients are people like Warner Brothers and Disney (i.e. the teddies are Warner/Disney products) or else a particular brand of make-up which was created by a woman who has worked on Sex & the City and Desperate Housewives (not true). The Cobra Group seem legit though.

The crowd I'm talking about don't pay anything other than commission and they send people to areas several miles away and don't reimburse travel expenses. They have extremely unprofessional websites and headed paper, and they keep changing their name - total scam. And yes, apparently very creepy - their staff can be heard screaming marketing mantras to banging techno music at 7am...

But really, seeing as they constantly advertise tons of jobs and "graduate/management programmes" - even at the moment... surely that should set off alarm bells?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

It's not a scam as far as things go. Do beware of a few points though. As was just posted by Turd Ferguson, you can make money just be very self disciplined and save some for the weeks when you don't make as much as you want. As far as the management training scheme that is true. However don't swallow that you will run your own business. Cobra H/O in London control your money and spending as a manager and your 'trainer' if they have advanced along with you will be responsible for you. I know these things, been there done that. Did make some great cash when promoted just make sure you trust no one, which can be a good rule generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

a lil bit:o but also came across very friendly and up for the craic.that's why i'd be so disappointed if it was a scam!

yeahprobably dayrll burrows hes a bit of a twat ie loves himself so much but hes not as bad as some of the other owners in the cobra group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Biggins wrote: »
    I attended meetings (and still do) that I am a bit weary of.
    I record the meetings by use of various devices I have in my possession.
    For most people though in cases like this, I would suggest a voice activated dictaphone pocket recorder.
    Not a common thing for most to have but an item that could be borrowed from a friend if sought hard enough.

Such recordings have saved by neck in the past, provided further evidence of wrong doing and just used to see that justice be done.

If you feel OP that this meeting your attending is a scam, I'd suggest you report it to the proper authorities.

(As for me, I go, record it, switch my phone into silent mode and pretend to nervously play with it (hell, you know the interview is a scam anyway) and take their pics at an opportune time. I'd also got outside and if possible take pictures of their cars, even if it meant waiting for them to come out. Pics with car registration numbers are very useful to the gardi! - I ALWAYS travel with a Panasonic FZ8 camera which by the way, if a camera has video record function, that means it can record sound too if it has a built in mic! Handy too or what! Just before you go into your meeting for example, turn it on to record. You will get no picture but it will record the audio of the meeting from your pocket!)

Sorry but when I read your posts the only thing that goes through my head is:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

the cobra group? didnt GI joe fight them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

GI Joe went a bit "soft" after the 80's :D

Advertisement