Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermot & Dave on Today Fm

• 20-08-2014 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Starting 1st September Lunchtime 12-2:30pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Starting 1st September Lunchtime 12-2:30pm

Did the lads say that on air ya? Thats the right slot for them IMO. Give Tony some time off and put Louise in his old slot then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Did the lads say that on air ya? Thats the right slot for them IMO. Give Tony some time off and put Louise in his old slot then

Yeah they said it just before they finished at 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Is Tony still on the schedule or will LD be filling in for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

Is Tony still on the schedule or will LD be filling in for him?

Today fm have only said louise duffy is remaining in the primetime schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

MrMac84 wrote: »

Were they on Louise's show or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

sebcity wrote: »
    Were they on Louise's show or something?

No they did a pilot show last night @ Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

No they did a pilot show last night @ Midnight

Is it on the today FM player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

I feel kinda sad for Louise Duffy as she is clearly a good dj, but not a replacement for the madness of ray foley or (to a lesser extent) kc.

However, I hadn't switched and was getting used to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

ads20101 wrote: »
    I feel kinda sad for Louise Duffy as she is clearly a good dj, but not a replacement for the madness of ray foley or (to a lesser extent) kc.

However, I hadn't switched and was getting used to her.

For her surprisingly short time in radio in the slots that she gets on a national station, I don't think you could call her a 'DJ'....CD's were long phased out.

More like a music presenter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Why do you feel sorry for her. She's getting the 2:30 - 4:30 show

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

They were on the mix up today I wonder if they will do another show before they start on the 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Synode wrote: »
    Why do you feel sorry for her. She's getting the 2:30 - 4:30 show

Is Tony Fenton leaving or moving to another timeslot?

dmeehan wrote: »
    Is Tony Fenton leaving or moving to another timeslot?

You know, that was what I was thinking.

Is Louise moving to take over tony fentons slot - if so why hasn't there been a statement to that effect.

Or

Is Louise moving into the slot covering sick leave - this would be a lot less desirable for Louise as this would technically be a demotion to a fill in dj.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Those cruel bullying b******s, who would have thought they would be like that, tut! tut!................................

I enjoyed it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Looking forward to Monday

That was very good!

jimmyw wrote: »

I'd say they (the today fm crew) enjoyed it just as much if not more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ads20101 wrote: »
    You know, that was what I was thinking.

Is Louise moving to take over tony fentons slot - if so why hasn't there been a statement to that effect.

Or

Is Louise moving into the slot covering sick leave - this would be a lot less desirable for Louise as this would technically be a demotion to a fill in dj.

Louise said she was getting a new show in the autumn a few weeks back. So I took it to mean she isn't filling in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Wonder if they'll be bringing over some features? Hope Cheese or Crackers, Jingly Bits and Dave's World make the cut!

Can't wait to hear the new show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Those cruel bullying b******s, who would have thought they would be like that, tut! tut!................................

Ha ha that's gas! :D I've never heard them, just know of Dermot. Looking forward to seeing what they're like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

D&D going to be on chatting with Louise Duffy now shortly about taking over the 12 -2.30 slot. Louise said herself and Ann will be on a 2 week break then return to take on the Tony Fenton show "for a couple of weeks". I hope she'll not be going back to early mornings.

Edit: I must have misheard, the lads weren't on the show today. Just that they were starting Monday.

Interview with Dave, might give someone who hasn't heard them before an insight into the show. Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

D and D making radio sound fun like they always do, can't see this being anything other than a success to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭boccy23

Now that was funny. And I know funny.

Listened to most of the show today. I loved it, good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That was funny.
    Does anyone know who the group of 4 girls were and was that Phil Cawley at the door?
    Thanks!

johnire wrote: »
    That was funny.
    Does anyone know who the group of 4 girls were and was that Phil Cawley at the door?
    Thanks!

Louise duffy, Ann gleeson, shauna o reily and I thought there was five people and don't know the others.

And yeah that's Phil Cawley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

This was inevitable. Perfect time slot. Glad they're getting national coverage at last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Really like them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Louise duffy, Ann gleeson, shauna o reily and I thought there was five people and don't know the others.

And yeah that's Phil Cawley.

The lady who is pregnant is Lia Murphy who works on the Tony Fenton Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Heard a fair bit of this today on lunch and it's really good radio. Can see them being a big hit for Today FM.

Really? Is that her? I really like her. She used to do the entertainment news on Ians programme. I always think she comes across as someone who is really into music and media and generally just very intelligent.
    The lady who is pregnant is Lia Murphy who works on the Tony Fenton Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Heard some of it yesterday - sounded good and fresh.

Heard them give out a competition number and one of them said the number as xxx981 before giving out the correct number in the second part of the link. Understandable though in the first few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Great to hear Dermot & Dave back on the radio and the show is as good as ever. Lots more mentions of Dermot being from Limerick though :P

• Advertisement

Say Stuff That Suits the Music is on today! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Heard that " say stuff that suits the music" bit there.. brilliant. these lads are off to a very good start for me anyway

Been saying for 2 years now that the boys were wasted on local radio, Dublin or not. Delighted for them that things seem to be going well. Think Today FM is a good fit for them too. I think the 2.00-4.30 slot should get sorted now and people can get used to a settled schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Interview with the lads on TV3 from last week. http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/518/83821/1/Late-Lunch-Live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Heard that " say stuff that suits the music" bit there.. brilliant. these lads are off to a very good start for me anyway

Heard it yesterday....couldn't stop laughing throughout. Especially that mention of FIFA at the end of one of the pieces of music!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ah someone just said "if you could care less about x factor, there's..." Had to switch off. Ruined my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

These guys are really really bad. Not even slightly funny. Seems the radio dial will be changed for 12 noon as the office appears to be in agreement.

I'm really enjoying them been honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

gimmick wrote: »
    These guys are really really bad. Not even slightly funny. Seems the radio dial will be changed for 12 noon as the office appears to be in agreement.
    Ya there nothing special think 2fm are winning on this time slot for me, miss Ray Foley or even KC
    :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Must be a Cork thing because this is clearly one of the best radio shows on the airwaves for me! :p

The two boys are fantastic imo and I think they will given time, pull in big numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

So far I find them hit n' miss but it's early days yet. Not a scratch on KC's show anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Not enjoying them at all so far. There's just something lacking, imo.

I tend to agree. They are fine but very forgettable. There's nothing memorable reallly about them or the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Radio Freak

Are you sure your not listening to a different radio show? Dermot & Dave are class acts in my opinion. Great gags and serious messing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement