Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitted suspension kit to rear,its now higher?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

What make suspension kit? Is the kit adjustable (ride height)? Are they coil-overs? Have you checked all the bushings for wear/replacement? Have you factored in the cost of having the suspension geometry checked and possibly adjusted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Gary ITR wrote: »

LOL ya clown.......

If I was you, I'd wait and do it properly when funds allow, what you're spending on suspension now could be spent elsewhere like upgraded pads, braided brake lines or even a few nice pints!

Live and learn I guess Gary!
    The brakes could have been good but I'm a recovering alcoholic so can't go near the pints, havent touched a drop in nearly 4 years :)

mathepac wrote: »
    What make suspension kit? Is the kit adjustable (ride height)? Are they coil-overs? Have you checked all the bushings for wear/replacement? Have you factored in the cost of having the suspension geometry checked and possibly adjusted?

Fk cup kit... Got it cheap. There non adjustable and bushes seem fine. Guess I'll take it as a lesson learned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

gollywog wrote: »
    Live and learn I guess Gary!
    The brakes could have been good but I'm a recovering alcoholic so can't go near the pints, havent touched a drop in nearly 4 years :)

Rehab is for quitters.....*

*good work, keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

CUT DA SPRINGS LAAAD!

Don't really though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Fk cup kit... Got it cheap. There non adjustable and bushes seem fine. Guess I'll take it as a lesson learned!

What? there's your problem right there,the best thing you could do with them is remove them and bounce them into space - FK are ****e.

Rehab is for quitters.....*

*[SIZE="1"]good work, keep it up[/SIZE]

Cheers man, was a tough auld battle, i wouldnt be here today if I hadn't quit. But the interest in motors is a great distraction lol! So what would you recommend I do gar? Springs? Coilovers? Any advice welcome :)

tossy wrote: »

What? there's your problem right there,the best thing you could do with them is remove them and bounce them into space - FK are ****e.

Yes they are, again man, what would you recommend I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Yes they are, again man, what would you recommend I do?

H&R Cup kit or decent brand coilovers like H&R,Koni,KW etc.

Buy sh!te buy twice unfortunately.

tossy wrote: »
    H&R Cup kit or decent brand coilovers like H&R,Koni,KW etc.

Buy sh!te buy twice unfortunately.

Yup i'll know that in future anyway tossy!!

Might know where theres a h&r cup kit for sale secondhand, watch this space!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

+1 for a H&R cupkit. I had it on my Leon. Lowered the car just nicely but did not take away any of the comfort which was a big thing for me. They can't be adjusted but it's not the end of the world.
    I compared them to some cheap coilovers before fitting them and the build quality was night and day.

Before
    DSC_0114.jpg

After
    DSC_0011.jpg

sean1141 wrote: »
    +1 for a H&R cupkit. I had it on my Leon. Lowered the car just nicely but did not take away any of the comfort which was a big thing for me. They can't be adjusted but it's not the end of the world.
    I compared them to some cheap coilovers before fitting them and the build quality was night and day.

Before
    DSC_0114.jpg

After
    DSC_0011.jpg

Looks exactly like what im after man.
    Been in touch with someone selling a cup kit so hopefully be getting that when he upgrades to coilovers after christmas, dont mind waiting until then to get it right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Might be worth talking to keith in alloy-wheels.ie about that cup kit. I've heard nothing but praise for the H&R ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Cheers man, was a tough auld battle, i wouldnt be here today if I hadn't quit. But the interest in motors is a great distraction lol! So what would you recommend I do gar? Springs? Coilovers? Any advice welcome :)

Burn the car and use the Insurance money to buy a Honda, I can get my hands on a selection of TEIN S-Tech springs. Or do what Tossy said, it's up to you :P

Burn the car and use the Insurance money to buy a Honda, I can get my hands on a selection of TEIN S-Tech springs. Or do what Tossy said, it's up to you :P

Ya i know where there might be a second hand cup kit for sale soon and I have first refusal, sorted hopefully!

Drove about two hundred miles for a county final last night with the rears still on and 5 people in the car, she's lower now, but it didn't feel bad on the back roads which was surprising, there up for sale now, but if these are ****e, cant wait to get h&r's!

Advertisement