Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mac1961

dm1979 wrote: »
    hi all, anyone know off hand if there are any breville mixers left in nass, would really love one maybe in pink and are tesco still accepting competitors vouchers? thanks in advance!!

Don't know about mixers but Tesco are still excepting competitors vouchers as I used one on saturday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

If you do check Naas, can you let us know the price and if there's any stock left please? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

It will take time to deal with it and it cant be a no quibble sort of affair.

The duty manager or store manager will have to investigate what happened before any money is handed over. For obvious reasons.
    If the product is of value, then they may even go to security footage to see if an SEL has been tampered with. They then may go to the price integrity team to find out why an old SEL is still on display.

If the manager thinks someone is taking advantage of the policy or the sel has been tampered with even by someone else, then they may refuse the refund.
    When I worked there, there was 1000s lost each week by the same people coming in simply to find price mistakes.
    Thats why they stopped the last policy of giving you a refund and the goods for free.

But they do have a no quibble policy, at least it is made note of in some stores.
    While Im sure that is the case, its understandable that there is a fair usage policy on this.
    There was never a suggestion of people in this thread anyway, of abusing the policy, it just seems reasonable people lucked out that they had bought an item for which they were miss-charged, if Tesco has a condition on the value or the number of times someone can avail of something they should apply this but have it up on their website or at customer services or if they think they are being scammed, in fairness, I can see it would be reasonable for them to apply a different condition to high value items, but where at least you would be refunded the error like tv's, as it stands, their policy seems to be their policy. Argos makes you sign for stuff, so I guess they type that into the computer or process it somehow to ensure there aren't people coming in every week.

mac1961 wrote: »
    Don't know about mixers but Tesco are still excepting competitors vouchers as I used one on saturday.

Do they accept vouchers off offers? sometimes there are conditions on the spend on vouchers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cerastes wrote: »
    Do they accept vouchers off offers? sometimes there are conditions on the spend on vouchers.

No.
    Only the 10 Euro off when you spend 50 Euro type vouchers.
    Not vouchers issued by competitors for 50c off Avonmore soup (or similar type coupons).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Not a bargain, but get this special buttermilk before it gets removed from the shelves
    IDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Not a bargain, but get this special buttermilk before it gets removed from the shelves

why? do you think the print on the carton will make it collectable?or for the laugh, sure theres some old euro coins you can snicker at ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

why is it getting removed from the shelves?

cerastes wrote: »
    :D

casio4 wrote: »
    why is it getting removed from the shelves?
    edit, special on meat and two veg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Buttermilk, the scrotaly natural drink.

• Advertisement

Tesco wrote:
    Once opened consume within 3 days, and by " Use By" date shown. Use By : See Lid.
    Keep upright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

So buttermilk gives you only the lonely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

The duty manager or store manager will have to investigate what happened before any money is handed over. For obvious reasons.

You are actually wrong on that. Customer services do and have authority when it's an obvious mistake.

I dont look for incorrect prices purposely, since I lost my job I watch every cent I spend, I was buying college notebooks priced one price but was charged another.

I have to use a calculator when shopping, never had to before, times are tough after coming through the recession,

I don't apologise for knowing how much things cost

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    You are actually wrong on that. Customer services do and have authority when it's an obvious mistake.

I dont look for incorrect prices purposely, since I lost my job I watch every cent I spend, I was buying college notebooks priced one price but was charged another.

I have to use a calculator when shopping, never had to before, times are tough after coming through the recession,

I don't apologise for knowing how much things cost

I was replying to a post where the duty manager did become involved.

You are right for small items.;) But for the likes of a ham costing 20 quid or so, they should be calling over the duty manager. A front end assistant will usually not have the time to fix the SEL problem.

15% off all iTunes cards until 09/11

Tesco irish whole chicken 1.5kg €3.47

I was replying to a post where the duty manager did become involved.

You are right for small items.;) But for the likes of a ham costing 20 quid or so, they should be calling over the duty manager. A front end assistant will usually not have the time to fix the SEL problem.

A ham?!, I thought you were going to say a tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Just to let people know anyone looking for a HDMI cable, in Tesco Douglas tonight i got

the marked price (and SEL for those looking for them) is: 326667.png

i got it for €4.96.

and i got this other one (3m high performance) for €6.79: 326668.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

^^^ .... paging the "You can get them in the Euro shop / Dealz for €1.49" Police , paging the "You can get them in the Euro shop / Dealz for €1.49" Police

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Just to let people know anyone looking for a HDMI cable, in Tesco Douglas tonight i got

the marked price (and SEL for those looking for them) is: 326667.png

i got it for €4.96.

and i got this other one (3m high performance) for €6.79: 326668.png

Just as a note to this. You can buy a €2.99 HDMI cable from Dealz and it'll be just as good as a €99 one from Harvey Norman. There us no real difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

RayCon wrote: »
    ^^^ .... paging the "You can get them in the Euro shop / Dealz for €1.49" Police , paging the "You can get them in the Euro shop / Dealz for €1.49" Police

i tried in those before, the ones i saw in there were all 1m, thats too short for what we needed, these were 2m and 3m in length, so i said i'd post it here in case people were looking for longer ones,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There is a 3m belkin hdmi in dealz it is in short supply though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yup you can get 3m HDMI cables in dealz and they perform no less/worse than a €200 HDMI cable. Don't spend more on them than you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

crescent sc limerick : (approx prices)

black and decker 9.6V cordless drill reduced from 49.95 to 11.25 .
    google nexus 7 (2013) 16gb = 187
    kindle at 73 or so - think it's the base model
    HP 7" slate down to 89 i think and there was an asus memo 10" reduced too to about 160 iirc
    25 binder clips 0.39c
    bluetune bluetooth speaker 6.49 (none left on shelf now tho' may turn up again - there weren't any out yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

nenagh :

fellows laminator and trimmer - marked 40 scanning at 9.75
    tefal actifry 1kg - was 249 now 169 (not sure if this is an actual bargain)
    vax window washer vac yoke - was 109 now 45 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Not sure if a bargain but Spindles of Blu Ray R discs (10 I think) for €10 in Tullamore, I saw them before around €25

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I notice the Tesco bargain alerts seem to rarely consist of groceries anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

they're all in the Aldi thread!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Those HDMI's in Tesco are pivot and flat models so good prices....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

sweetie wrote: »
    they're all in the Aldi thread!

There's an ALDI thread?????

• Advertisement

paddycakes wrote: »
    There's an ALDI thread?????

Is there? is there also a Lidl thread?
    can you add these to a list of favorite threads? other than just following?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement