Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Hondo75 wrote: »
    Lots of breville kitchen ware reduced in Naas , blenders and mixers

Any prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

from memory the blenders were 25 euro, 30% of the rest .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Was in Tesco Ashbourne and saw this. its quite cute if you managed to blag the littlewoods little people deal on ba.
    €1.74 for 2 of these figures might seem a lot but if you saw the price normally you would know its a bargain. Hope it helps someone

img_20141024_2025271zq0p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

disco girl wrote: »
    Lots of Thomas and Peppa bikes in Clarehall today if anyone is looking for one...

Does anyone know what size these bikes are please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,024 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sennheiser CX175 earbuds <€11 in Clearwater, Finglas. About 5 sets left, in the TV aisle about halfway along, near the TescoMobile phones.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Thewife wrote: »
    Does anyone know what size these bikes are please ?

10" its this one http://www.tesco.com/direct/peppa-pig-10-kids-bike-with-stabilisers/604-6505.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭davehey79

Quick question guys. Longford store has all iphone 30 pin to lightning connectors reduced to 17.50 but they are scanning at 29.00 is it still the double the difference that they offer on items mispriced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

It is double the difference in Tesco Maynooth.
    I got it last week for something fairly innocuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

davehey79 wrote: »
    Quick question guys. Longford store has all iphone 30 pin to lightning connectors reduced to 17.50 but they are scanning at 29.00 is it still the double the difference that they offer on items mispriced?

yes, still double the difference once you have been charged the higher rate. Its bottom point on their blue customer service sign.
    must check that today in my local.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

You must pay first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I scanned one of those peppa pig bikes in Naas on thursday night and it was €55.99..also marked at that price ..has anyone else found that they have gone back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,345 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Blaupunkt 40" LED TVs for €299.99, they have 4 of them in Douglas, Cork. Seems a good price..

I took a photo too...

326336.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dulpit wrote: »
    Blaupunkt 40" LED TVs for €299.99, they have 4 of them in Douglas, Cork. Seems a good price..

Just an observation- all of the displays for these in stores around the country- feature the Philips soundbar being demonstrated with the set......... There is a reason for this...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Just an observation- all of the displays for these in stores around the country- feature the Philips soundbar being demonstrated with the set......... There is a reason for this...........
    Yes there is. The sound on those Blaupunkts is crap, from experience. A soundbar is needed, or some other sound output option.

That said, the sound form most flat screen TVs is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Just to let you know I tried to get the Thomas bike in clarehall.Apparently the price went back to €55.99 last night at midnight.theres loads there but manager wasn't having any of me saying up until yesterday they were €17.99 .girl said sale on them is prob over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

dulpit wrote: »
    I took a photo too...

326336.jpg

Ive seen a few of these in use and the picture is pretty decent for a cheap tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've seen sony 32" this model for €280

what do you reckon worth a punt or should i go for a full HD ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ive seen a few of these in use and the picture is pretty decent for a cheap tv.

The picture isn't bad- the sound is atrocious.........
    You win some- you loose some.
    I gave up on an older model when I had to have the sound board replaced 3 times in quick succession (while under warranty). They gave me a full refund though- fair play to them.

Blaupunkt- in its new lease of life- is a sister company of Beko (and somehow related to Bush, Grundig and a few other companies that died in the 70s and 80s- and have reappeared miraculously.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Im sure its a Tesco wide policy, but I could only get such refunds honoured in Tesco Maynooth, Tesco Lucan are a law unto themselves.
    Get double the difference off them, should mean you can keep the item too I think?
    Gosub wrote: »
    Yes there is. The sound on those Blaupunkts is crap, from experience. A soundbar is needed, or some other sound output option.

That said, the sound form most flat screen TVs is poor.

Strange you mention that, we had a blaupunkt crt years ago and it had terrible sound, not sure if you just mean this one or Blaupunkts now or flat screens, but this was going back years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

cerastes wrote: »
    Im sure its a Tesco wide policy, but I could only get such refunds honoured in Tesco Maynooth, Tesco Lucan are a law unto themselves.
    Get double the difference off them, should mean you can keep the item too I think?

Strange you mention that, we had a blaupunkt crt years ago and it had terrible sound, not sure if you just mean this one or Blaupunkts now or flat screens, but this was going back years.

My toshiba TV has terrible sound also. But instead of a sound bar, a cheap set of computer speakers with a sub woofer sounds better than most of those sound bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Im getting flashbacks to the eighties, hello tosh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

My father pick one of these Blaupunkt 40" LED TVs up during the week i was over today to mount it on the wall for him tv has nice picture quailty and it,s very lite but the sound quailty is a major let down he,s going to need some sort of extra speakers with this tv for a decent sound , regards bored_stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

cerastes wrote: »

A couple of months back I tried to claim on the 'Double the Difference' from Clearwater on some biscuits, and got told it only applied to white ticket reductions, so I emailed Customer Services who replied back 'bu11sh*t' and sent me a €5 gift card as compensation. The following week, same issue at Cabra, and I showed CS the email on my phone; they gave out saying that if they do honour the 'Double the Difference' refund, they receive a notification from HO asking why. I pointed out that the HO query might be more about the incorrect tagging that caused the situation rather than the actual refund itself but they were having none of it. I left feeling the CS person was going to be fired just because I wanted my 'Double the Difference' refund... :(

What I don't understand about the double the difference thing is that (in Cork stores at least) its started quite clearly at the customer service desks, so I don't know how they think they can get away without giving it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I got pulled on this recently in New Ross recently, told me the product did not come under double the difference. I asked to speak to the manger, they made me wait at least 25 minutes, and then gave it to me.

You would think, if they made a pricing mistake, they should have a NO QUIBBLE policy......

"....... Oh they do

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

It will take time to deal with it and it cant be a no quibble sort of affair.

The duty manager or store manager will have to investigate what happened before any money is handed over. For obvious reasons.
    If the product is of value, then they may even go to security footage to see if an SEL has been tampered with. They then may go to the price integrity team to find out why an old SEL is still on display.

If the manager thinks someone is taking advantage of the policy or the sel has been tampered with even by someone else, then they may refuse the refund.
    When I worked there, there was 1000s lost each week by the same people coming in simply to find price mistakes.
    Thats why they stopped the last policy of giving you a refund and the goods for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My toshiba TV has terrible sound also. But instead of a sound bar, a cheap set of computer speakers with a sub woofer sounds better than most of those sound bars.

I used a set when I mounted my tv on the wall,sound was perfect from the tv when it was on a stand but wall mounted was a disaster.I got a brilliant set of Logitech speakers on offer from Amazon but spotted a decent set in Heatons for less than a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

They had some decent stationery stuff reduced in Dundrum last night. Picked up a rexel hole punch for 2.50 down from like 14 I think. Theyhad other stuff down to 20c and 15c too AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

Hondo75 wrote: »
    Lots of breville kitchen ware reduced in Naas , blenders and mixers
    hi all, anyone know off hand if there are any breville mixers left in nass, would really love one maybe in pink and are tesco still accepting competitors vouchers? thanks in advance!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement