Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

just wondering about work experience. What happens or what do you do if you want or have a work experience placement for a week that isn't in the prescribed weeks given by the school

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

just wondering about work experience. What happens or what do you do if you want or have a work experience placement for a week that isn't in the prescribed weeks given by the school

I don't think you're marked absent for that week, they must just mark you down that you're doing work experience! Idk if that answers your question at all hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

DoktorFrog wrote: »
    Am I the only person here that is starting back tomorrow with a full day? :(

That's very early :eek: Not back 'til Wednesday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

It depends on the placement in my school. Ask your year head, if its a really good placement they may let you do it outside of the prescribed weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

nanook5 wrote: »
    That's very early :eek: Not back 'til Wednesday :pac:

Not back till Friday :D

• Advertisement

Not back till Friday :D

That's actually so stupid. Why make you go in for one day and then it's the weekend ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

nanook5 wrote: »
    That's actually so stupid. Why make you go in for one day and then it's the weekend ? :confused:

They slowly bring everyone back in our school. 1st years today, JC and LC tomorrow, 2nd years on Wednesday, 5th years on Thursday, and TY's on Friday.

It's just how it's always done, I'm fairly neutral about it myself. Nothing is done in the first week in my school anyway, regardless of what year it is. So I'm kinda glad to be catching the end of the week of "somewhat-organised chaos" and start properly on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

I'm back tomorrow 2 - 4 and then full day on Friday (which is actually only till half 1) I think they do it to ease us in!

They slowly bring everyone back in our school. 1st years today, JC and LC tomorrow, 2nd years on Wednesday, 5th years on Thursday, and TY's on Friday.

It's just how it's always done, I'm fairly neutral about it myself. Nothing is done in the first week in my school anyway, regardless of what year it is. So I'm kinda glad to be catching the end of the week of "somewhat-organised chaos" and start properly on Monday.

I guess that makes sense then. I thought the whole school was back on the same day :o

Got my timetable today. We're doing a good few modules (horticulture, home ec. politics, etc.) I doubt philosophy with the most boring teacher of all time will be much fun though :( Overall, I'm really excited for the year :D

• Advertisement

I'm back on Wednesday, along side 2nd and 5th years then everyone's in on Thursday, first years were in on Friday and 3rd and 6th are in tomorrow, just to ease us all in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

I`m not back until next Monday! I wish I was going back this week :rolleyes: Can`t wait to see what we`re doing for the year and who`s in my class!

I think we just sit in the lecture hall for the first 2 weeks and listen to what all the teachers have to say about this year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Back on Thursday..Anyone watching the VMA's? Watching it for fifth harmony tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I'm back Thursday too.

We're due to start work experience the 1st of September (Monday :o), will I be annihilated if I've not got any work experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭VG31

I have got work experience organised but there's always going to be people who have forgotten, haven't bothered or had trouble getting work experience so I wouldn't worry too much, you won't be the only one.

In my school the Ty coordinator told us we need it every Friday, but a past TY student told us that you only need the minimum of 1 Friday! So I say you'll be grand!

I've been going to bed at 5AM for the last like 5 days . I'm f*cked for getting up at 6:50 in the morning :pac: :D

Was in 2 - 4 today! Love my class and my timetable is pretty cool, ag science, German, home ec, art, biology, ICT, mini company, planning, engineering and social development! So excited to go back for real!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Back to school for a full day tomorrow.My sleeping pattern is so messed up.I.havent gotten up before half eleven in weeks!

• Advertisement

Keep getting work experience rejection emails oh no :(

Xgracie wrote: »
    Keep getting work experience rejection emails oh no :(

Who are you trying to apply for??????

Who are you trying to apply for??????

Solictors, barristers, fashion designers and a few newspapers (my mams friend works in the Irish times) I've sent soooo many emails and the only ones I've gotten back are people saying they're full!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Solictors, barristers, fashion designers and a few newspapers (my mams friend works in the Irish times) I've sent soooo many emails and the only ones I've gotten back are people saying they're full!
    I haven't sent any emails about work experience yet...

Of course it would help if we were actually told our work experience dates...:rolleyes:

Go into places with CVs and ask can you speak to the manager, cause I don't think any of the shop staff bother giving them in! Write on the top of your CV "ty work experience' cause the manager will probs think its just for a job and they get loads of CVs about jobs!

3 hours sleep woo .......

On the bus in now

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Well that was fairly pointless.Oh well we're gping to the beach tomorrow to go surfing :D

Were going on a trip too on Monday . :P

I wasn't looking forward to double music this morning expecting it to just be theory. We get in, and the teacher tells us that the school has bought 25 ukuleles and that we'll get to keep them for 7-8 weeks. I now can't wait for music, and I think I may buy one myself when I have to give it back, and they're only 25 euro. Really looking forward to this year!

• Advertisement

pretty boring day to be honest. Just regular classes. On the bright side we might be going on a trip to Spain soon :D

Advertisement