Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

first week done. felt long as hell :p so far nothing much seems to be happening. Not too happy with my new class but ah well. I heard that were going to spain later in the year but for now no news of trips, talks or activities :(

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

First proper day done.Timetable is grand.Fridays are a doss which is nice :P Looking forward to trying all the new classes next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Annnnnnnnnnd I've got weekend homework *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

nanook5 wrote: »
    Annnnnnnnnnd I've got weekend homework *sigh*

Homework?!?? In TY?!?? I just have to "research" 1 or 2 things lol

Xgracie wrote: »
    Homework?!?? In TY?!?? I just have to "research" 1 or 2 things lol

Few maths questions . Look up a french article and write down 10 Key words.Write 5 sentences in french about what makes you happy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Few maths questions . Look up a french article and write down 10 Key words.Write 5 sentences in french about what makes you happy :rolleyes:
    I have French, Religion and HE homework :( I've only done the HE though...ah sure I'll just rush the rest at 9 o clock tonight :rolleyes:

I have French, Religion and HE homework :( I've only done the HE though...ah sure I'll just rush the rest at 9 o clock tonight :rolleyes:

That's how it's done :D :P

We got Maths homework but I got it done in a free class :D ill probably get enough on Monday to make up for a this weekend though :P

I have to research the young scientist for Ag but that's it!

Does anyone here do "scifest" in your school? :pac:

• Advertisement

Yea it's one of our options along with mini company and YSI.What do they do with it in your school?

Eims14 wrote: »
    Yea it's one of our options along with mini company and YSI.What do they do with it in your school?

We do "fun" experiments with the 1st and second years(I think or else it just us) and I think we bring the 1st and 2nd years up to the BT young scientist :)

I picked it

We do "fun" experiments with the 1st and second years(I think or else it just us) and I think we bring the 1st and 2nd years up to the BT young scientist :)

I picked it
    That sounds pretty interesting !I don't really know what they're gonna be doing cos there's a new teacher runningbit but we're definitely not doing young scientist this year might do it in fifth year if it "goes well this year".I put it second after YSI but id be happy with either tbh

Eims14 wrote: »
    That sounds pretty interesting !I don't really know what they're gonna be doing cos there's a new teacher runningbit but we're definitely not doing young scientist this year might do it in fifth year if it "goes well this year".I put it second after YSI but id be happy with either tbh

Hopefully it will be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Got homework over the weekend also. :(
    I'll do it tomorrow though because I'm starting work experience tomorrow (woo)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublinyeayea

Quick question , what did all yee bring in on the first day of school? I'm not sure what We have to bring in as we don't have a book list until Sept.... :/:/

Quick question , what did all yee bring in on the first day of school? I'm not sure what We have to bring in as we don't have a book list until Sept.... :/:/

Just brought my schoolbag, pencil case & copies.

My school bag but you should probably bring pens too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

what are people doing for work experience :)

what are people doing for work experience :)

Week with a barrister in the criminal court but i can't decide what I wanna do for my second week lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

For results night I'm going with friends to the cinema and for something to eat cause I'm not a disco person lolll :D is it normal not to do any maths in TY? We've to write up about the 200 year old computer for maths instead of doing actual maths...? Hahaha, I'm dreading PE which is tomorrow, ive a scary teacher and I also hate PE yayyy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

For results night I'm going with friends to the cinema and for something to eat cause I'm not a disco person lolll :D is it normal not to do any maths in TY? We've to write up about the 200 year old computer for maths instead of doing actual maths...? Hahaha, I'm dreading PE which is tomorrow, ive a scary teacher and I also hate PE yayyy :pac:

TY PE has always been a doss in my school until this year (typical). I had PE on wednesday and I was in pain until yesterday lol :D

Our PE is desperate.
    We've got three 4 week blocks until Christmas (4 Random Outdoor/4 Tennis/4 Judo)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    TY PE has always been a doss in my school until this year (typical). I had PE on wednesday and I was in pain until yesterday lol :D

I'm dreading stuff like Zumba and GAA training cause I get so self conscious :D hopefully ill live :pac:

I'm dreading stuff like Zumba and GAA training cause I get so self conscious :D hopefully ill live :pac:

We get to do rowing in UL(and on the Shannon) , Tennis,Judo and Golf for our P.E

That's our whole year of P.E :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

DCG. is. EPIC.:eek:

I'm probably doing a French exchange ahhhhh

Xgracie wrote: »
    I'm probably doing a French exchange ahhhhh

Sounds fun. ;)
    My school wouldn't let me do both German & French this year because they're scheduled at the same time. :rolleyes:

Liordi wrote: »
    Sounds fun. ;)
    My school wouldn't let me do both German & French this year because they're scheduled at the same time. :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm so excited! Havnt got deets yet but it's like 2 hours outside Paris and my French class is small this year so only 10ish people would probably end up going and 1 or 2 would be my best friends :D that's so annoying omg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

We doing different modules and sport, nutrition and film are all on at the same time. Ended up having a class of PE and around an hour and a half of kayaking and paddle boarding today. Beginning to release how unfit I am after the summer...

Did anyone have summer jobs?

Advertisement