Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Lunch!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Is there a reward? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

A0 wrote: »
    I lost €500 on the M50 yesterday night, anyone fount it?

http://www.tady.cz/cns-ln-cs2/p-Euro-500.jpg

Bertie found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

johngalway wrote: »

Yes, if you find it, I'll give you €250 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

johngalway wrote: »
    I'd happily give away one or possibly both of the bananas, but the rest I miss too much! I did have another bagel in the packet when I left yesterday but looks like someone else ate that one, so I can't even console myself with a replica today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

It was probably stolen off your roof by those horrid crèche bullies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

g0g wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone found my lunch somewhere on the N4 (I think!) this morning!? It was last seen on the roof of my car in Kilmainham but was no longer there when I got to the creche in Lucan. Cotton bag contained two bananes and a lunchbox with bagel/cheese/ham plus grapes. Not quite sure what forum this belongs in (probably After Hours!) but thought I'd ask just in case!

(this is genuine by the way not a wind-up!)

Found it...a bit squashed but very tasty nonetheless. One suggestion when making the bagel next time leave the grapes on the side.

In a dramatic twist of events, would you believe I've managed to recover part of it earlier on today!:D

Whilst driving out the N4 earlier on I spotted something that looked like the lunchbox upside down in the centre of the road. :eek: Wasn't able to pull in at the time so had to loop out to Palmerstown and back in again. Anyways, turned out to be my lunchbox! Can't believe it! Fortunately traffic was quiet heading out the N4 early today so I crossed over to get it.

Sadly the bananas and bag remain at large (any sightings!?), but most of what I lost has been recovered. There are a few tyre marks on the box so I'd say it might have given someone driving out the right-hand lane a fright if their car bumped over it, but otherwise all is intact. Going back to the earlier question as to whether I'd eat it or not, I'm not so sure anymore..... The ham looks kinda funny and it had been sitting in the sun.....

I'm not sure I didn't see something further out in the middle of the road that looked kinda like the bag - have to head out later again so will scan as I pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

At last we have a good news story.

Was there a big reunion party ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Are you too poor to get another lunch? Or are you just very sentimental? I know I wouldn't want my lunch back if it had spent the morning on a motorway.

Unless you're taking the pee, then carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

It says a great deal about me that I was actually pleased someone found their day-old lunch.

I really need to get out more.

• Advertisement

It's not so much the happiness that I found my day-old lunch, it's more the fact that
    a) I recovered the lunchbox, and
    b) If I hadn't found it I'd always have wondered where it ended up and what other adventures it might have had, plus also I'd hate to think of the plastic VERY slowly decomposing in a ditch somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Another cry for love thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

karaokeman wrote: »

Feeling left out? Need a hug?

karaokeman wrote: »
    It was actually a cry for help, but your post appears to be crying out for laughs or "thanks" or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In a dramatic twist of events, would you believe I've managed to recover part of it earlier on today!:D

Whilst driving out the N4 earlier on I spotted something that looked like the lunchbox upside down in the centre of the road. :eek: Wasn't able to pull in at the time so had to loop out to Palmerstown and back in again. Anyways, turned out to be my lunchbox! Can't believe it! Fortunately traffic was quiet heading out the N4 early today so I crossed over to get it.

Sadly the bananas and bag remain at large (any sightings!?), but most of what I lost has been recovered. There are a few tyre marks on the box so I'd say it might have given someone driving out the right-hand lane a fright if their car bumped over it, but otherwise all is intact. Going back to the earlier question as to whether I'd eat it or not, I'm not so sure anymore..... The ham looks kinda funny and it had been sitting in the sun.....

I'm not sure I didn't see something further out in the middle of the road that looked kinda like the bag - have to head out later again so will scan as I pass it.

A TOAST! To the little lunch box that could!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

This is the first time i have ever read a full thread without getting bored.

Its was gripping to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

That's a very good question. Well I guess it depends on if car(s) have run over it, whether insects have found it, or what sort of person hands it over! As it happens the company name of where I work is printed on the outside of the cotton bag, so I'm wondering if a good Samaritan might actually try returning it! I wouldn't have a problem eating the bananas as sure that's a "sealed" fruit. The rest of it I dunno.....

I just kills me because I spent a while getting it ready - I even pulled the stem-end-bits out of the graps and they were lovely crunchy M&S grapes too :(

I wonder if at least someone else would eat it if they found it?

M&S grapes??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

This is just brilliant, best thread Ive seen in ah in a LONG time.

Just mental :)

Advertisement