Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Still kinda sleepy. In 1 of'em snoozy modes at the moment. Have a lot of excel stuffs to be doing today which is gonna be even more mind numbing.

Thinking of grabbing some breakfast now.

Up to much yourself?

nah not much, in lazy mood myself, just finished brekkie so thinking what to do for the rest of the day in work and there is a freeze in place and nothing much else happening

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Awh yeah, change freezes are great :cool:

I don't work in change management though :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Awh yeah, change freezes are great :cool:

I don't work in change management though :(

Well we don't have a dedicated change management team either, but I cant even plug or unplug a cable while a freeze is in place so might just do a bit of tidying up in our DC or a storage room.. nothing better to be doing I suppose :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Not in til and hopeful that I will get out before 6,will depends on how the day pans out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not in til when? :P

anyone know where I can get a cheap wardrobe? Need an extra one as this new apartment I'm moving into has tiny wardrobes and I cant fit all my stuff in.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Not in til when? :P
    Hah,ten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    anyone know where I can get a cheap wardrobe? Need an extra one as this new apartment I'm moving into has tiny wardrobes and I cant fit all my stuff in.. :mad:

Ikea? Cheap and cheerful....
    Though I got one of the yokes with the canvas cover, can't remember what they're called- it's basically a shelving unit with a cover, for about 30 quid in Argos. It's taken a hell of a lot of weight and is perfect. Looks v neat and tidy too.

Morning all- woke up with a stupid scratchy throat. If it doesn't eff off sharpish I will not be impressed :(

Morning all- woke up with a stupid scratchy throat. If it doesn't eff off sharpish I will not be impressed :(

I've got just the thing to help you with that ;)

*ahem*

Honey... :o

• Advertisement

Ikea? Cheap and cheerful....
    Though I got one of the yokes with the canvas cover, can't remember what they're called- it's basically a shelving unit with a cover, for about 30 quid in Argos. It's taken a hell of a lot of weight and is perfect. Looks v neat and tidy too.

Must look at those canvass thingies.. never thought of em. Not good, these bloody places with one double wardrobe and nothing else.. like wtf is that about :mad:

Is this the type of thing you're talking about Sauv

Or

this one?

That's the yoke TP-
    Put it together in ten mins, it's deceptively compact and takes a helluva lot of weight :D

Drav- great idea, thanks :D

That's the yoke TP-
    Put it together in ten mins, it's deceptively compact and takes a helluva lot of weight :D

Drav- great idea, thanks :D

Hmmm, might take a trip to Argos this weekend so as I need one of them and a large chest of drawers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Morning all :)

TP those things are handy, I had one before!

Sauv honey is great :) hope you feel better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just one more day of work then freedooooooooooom

I can't wait to have a few cans watching Liverpool vs. Newcastle tonight :)

Pembily wrote: »
    Morning all :)

TP those things are handy, I had one before!

Sauv honey is great :) hope you feel better!

Morning Pem.. Hows you?
    Hows the hand going? Feeling any better with the new cast?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

NYE, **** that ****. Been sleeping about 15 hours a day, hope I can continue it.

amacachi wrote: »
    NYE, **** that ****. Been sleeping about 15 hours a day, hope I can continue it.

15 hrs?!
    Please tell me it's just because of the holidays?

Morning Pem.. Hows you?
    Hows the hand going? Feeling any better with the new cast?
    Morning! I'm good, really good :) new cast is good, only took 6 paracetamol yesterday so that's good. You settled into the new apartment?

Ahh yes, you cant beat a good nights sleep.. :)

15 hrs?!
    Please tell me it's just because of the holidays?

I'm going to blame it on a delayed hangover I suppose. Slept from about 6-11am yesterday morning, then about 2-4 in the afternoon then got about 10 hours last night.

Suits me fine, have no money and am unlikely to be heading out for NYE so the fewer waking hours til Tuesday the better as far as I'm concerned. :pac:

• Advertisement

Morning! I'm good, really good :) new cast is good, only took 6 paracetamol yesterday so that's good. You settled into the new apartment?

Still moving.. dont have to be out of my old place until tomorrow, so will finish moving stuff tonight hopefully and then spend the day cleaning the old place and give the new place a bit of a clean too, just bring it up to standard :D

Looking for additional storage now as there is no where near enough at the moment, so thats first on my priority list and then I can start clearing through the rubbish I have built up over the years and do a major clear out of old clothes, IT bits n pieces, shred old documents and start sorting my music and photos too..

January is going to be such an interesting month :pac:

I love cleaning and organising :)

Way back I used to reorganise my books and the like (and sometimes my whole room) about every month or so, there was something therapeutic about it somehow. Not of that these days though. :pac:

Sorry to butt in here but I just heard "Champagne Showers"....
    Are these gimps for real? Seriously like, what are they on about?
    If someone poured champagne all over me, they'd have one angry sticky girl to deal with.
    *waits for innuendo showers...
    :/

Not so much a fan of the actually doing but love the feeling of having it all done. So I just focus on the end result and it usually gets me through it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

So after reading the posts from last night, here is a quick review:

G-Money and Sauv cant cook

I'm actually quite a good cook. Just that sweet n sour sauce was a fecker. Next up is satay!

Way back I used to reorganise my books and the like (and sometimes my whole room) about every month or so, there was something therapeutic about it somehow. Not of that these days though. :pac:

I find ironing very therapeutic for some strange reason :confused:

If someone poured champagne all over me, they'd have one angry sticky girl to deal with.

I suppose there's a time and place for it. Bit expensive though.

I imagine I'd like it more than cleaning/tidying as it shouldn't leave my back feeling like a bag of mince.

I can cook OK-ish. Only thing I've ever messed up to the point of being "bad" was when I undercooked some rice but only notice after it had been filled out and mixed around a bit. :pac:
    At a party last year a mate decided to cook for about 30 people after someone had suggested takeaway. A pot of curry doesn't go quite that far. :pac: Also it took him a coupla hours which was quite annoying. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm like that with hoovering....Music up and off I go. I solve all the worlds' problems while hoovering. :pac:

ok ok for you Sauv, its a cheap sparking wine shower.. howzdat?
    Ya cheap git!! :pac:

And ever heard of plastic sheets? :p

I'm sure I could think of some fun things to do with champagne and the right company ;) :cool:

G-Money wrote: »
    I'm sure I could think of some fun things to do with champagne and the right company ;) :cool:

I dunno, looks pretty uncomfortable to me.

soooooooooooooooooo anyway.. what are peeps plans for tomorrow night?

I think I'm going to a family party! I don't think I'm in the mood or able for a big night out...

You TP?

Hoping to just have a few drinks with someone. Having no credit, free text or webtexts means I've to wait for them to check their email before I can confirm anything. :pac:

Few of us just going to the local here, it should be bust enough, but not stupid busy like town will be. Have no interest in waiting for two hours for a taxi...
    What you at TP?

No idea.. heard rumours of some mates planning to have a get together in their place but they are just back from hols so they may not be in the mood. No other plans yet. Might take a wander and see where I end up.. ;)

• Advertisement

****sake, why is it that pranks cause way more hassle than when one actually tries to cause loads of hassle? :pac: Set something in motion last night and expected it to last a coupla days when I'd let the victim know before anything could happen, instead it all happened before 1 o'clock today and the hassle has all happened already. :pac:

****sake, why is it that pranks cause way more hassle than when one actually tries to cause loads of hassle? :pac: Set something in motion last night and expected it to last a coupla days when I'd let the victim know before anything could happen, instead it all happened before 1 o'clock today and the hassle has all happened already. :pac:

Whacha do now? :D

Won't get into the complexities of who's who but a mate got with a girl the other night who had a boyfriend at the time. They were getting on well so last night I sent him a slightly threatening text from a new number :pac: The idea was that another friend was there so could make sure if he was getting worried he'd tell him it was just me. Nothing happened though til today when it got back to me that he apparently went straight to yer one. :pac: Also my best mate is with her sister so it's all a bit complicated. :pac:

It was meant to be a joke! Thought I had it all covered so that it wouldn't escalate but I was wrong! :pac:

Won't get into the complexities of who's who but a mate got with a girl the other night who had a boyfriend at the time. They were getting on well so last night I sent him a slightly threatening text from a new number :pac: The idea was that another friend was there so could make sure if he was getting worried he'd tell him it was just me. Nothing happened though til today when it got back to me that he apparently went straight to yer one. :pac: Also my best mate is with her sister so it's all a bit complicated. :pac:

It was meant to be a joke! Thought I had it all covered so that it wouldn't escalate but I was wrong! :pac:

oops!!! :D

Might be time to stop the pranks and get a life of my own. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Kudos on the effort anyway man I can appreciate that :D

• Advertisement

Might be time to stop the pranks and get a life of my own. :pac:

Thats one solution.. another is to think your pranks through a bit more before you put them in place :D

Thats one solution.. another is to think your pranks through a bit more before you put them in place :D

I thought it through a good bit, or so I thought. :pac: The other person involved gave out that I didn't send the text we agreed on but I pointed out that it would've ended up a LOT worse had a similar chain of events happened. :pac:

I thought it through a good bit, or so I thought. :pac: The other person involved gave out that I didn't send the text we agreed on but I pointed out that it would've ended up a LOT worse had a similar chain of events happened. :pac:

So what was the end result? Is yer mate with the girl or has she run back to her bf.. (the slapper I might add) :pac:

So what was the end result? Is yer mate with the girl or has she run back to her bf.. (the slapper I might add) :pac:

That was a nice Christmas/New Years present she gave her bf I might add. Very thoughtful!

I think things were made a bit of a mess of, up to them to clear it up if they want. :P Hope she doesn't go back to the ex anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement