Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty bloggers on snapchat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

I also think it's a shame that when Sharon Leavy snapped about this thread she focused on the one negative post about her, something to do with not enough beauty snaps. She's clearly very highly regarded and well liked. She's one of my favourites, just generally as a person she seems great and gives good book recommendations. It'd just a pity that she zoomed in on one bad post, she's awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Jbosssie1

Some of them I love watching Karen lovelygirliebits is so normal and funny rosemary james Patrice
    I wish the others who are plugging everything would go back to the way they used to be before they started to sell themselves out for free stuff and payment don't flash it on snapchat for some young girl to run out and buy use it for a while write a constructive review about the pros and cons if your a beauty blogger don't advertise take away food places because they sent you a voucher for €200 stay true to who you were a beauty blogger who gives honest reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

SueBoom wrote: »
    I also think it's a shame that when Sharon Leavy snapped about this thread she focused on the one negative post about her, something to do with not enough beauty snaps. She's clearly very highly regarded and well liked. She's one of my favourites, just generally as a person she seems great and gives good book recommendations. It'd just a pity that she zoomed in on one bad post, she's awesome!

That was my post and I wasn't being negative and I'm extremely annoyed about this. The title of this thread is beauty bloggers. I followed her because I thought that's what she was. I unfollowed her because I'm not her desired audience as I've no interest in kids etc. I didn't say I hated her or didn't like her. I said she wasn't for me. She obviously has a great following and fair play to her.

I use my snapchat to follow BEAUTY bloggers (and Rosemary McCabe because she's brilliant!!)

But now, after that rant about it. Well now I don't like her. I said nothing bad about you Sharon if you're reading this so if you're taking offence to someone saying nothing bad about you then you do need thicker skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

Jamespatrice and Jameskava are HILARIOUS, just sayin'.
    They break up the monotony of product promotions and fake eyelashes :')

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

There all kinda getting boring now sue pippa etc constant plugs and a couple of daily posts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

And in fairness, the people giving out about them plugging different products??? They're beauty bloggers, it's what they do?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

In reality the issue there is many people seem to think they're all beauty bloggers. Sometimes it's hard to know what some of them are and that's fine for those of us who just flick through. They're certainly not all beauty. Lately I prefer the ones who don't plug products at all as I don't trust that some of them aren't getting paid. They should have to say (as is the case in the UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

And in fairness, the people giving out about them plugging different products??? They're beauty bloggers, it's what they do?!?!?

I feel if they're being paid or the product is sponsored they should have to say that.

In reality the issue there is many people seem to think they're all beauty bloggers. Sometimes it's hard to know what some of them are and that's fine for those of us who just flick through. They're certainly not all beauty. Lately I prefer the ones who don't plug products at all as I don't trust that some of them aren't getting paid. They should have to say (as is the case in the UK)

The title of the thread is beauty bloggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Taboola wrote: »
    That was my post and I wasn't being negative and I'm extremely annoyed about this. The title of this thread is beauty bloggers. I followed her because I thought that's what she was. I unfollowed her because I'm not her desired audience as I've no interest in kids etc. I didn't say I hated her or didn't like her. I said she wasn't for me. She obviously has a great following and fair play to her.

I use my snapchat to follow BEAUTY bloggers (and Rosemary McCabe because she's brilliant!!)

But now, after that rant about it. Well now I don't like her. I said nothing bad about you Sharon if you're reading this so if you're taking offence to someone saying nothing bad about you then you do need thicker skin.

I just watched her rant. I think it's absolutely crazy that she was so offended about what you said, you didn't even say anything bad! Just that she wasn't for you and not what you're looking for! What's so bad about that? Jesus christ

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    I just watched her rant. I think it's absolutely crazy that she was so offended about what you said, you didn't even say anything bad! Just that she wasn't for you and not what you're looking for! What's so bad about that? Jesus christ

If she's gonna be pissed off at anyone it should be the person who recommended her in a beauty blogger thread if that's not what she is.

If she's gonna be pissed off at anyone it should be the person who recommended her in a beauty blogger thread if that's not what she is.

She actually looked like she was going to cry. Madness. You said nothing offensive.

I definitely didn't mean to cause that hubbub about Sharon's rant... :pac: But just to point out she does actually talk about beauty related stuff, just not exclusively.

SueBoom wrote: »
    I definitely didn't mean to cause that hubbub about Sharon's rant... :pac: But just to point out she does actually talk about beauty related stuff, just not exclusively.

Yeh and that's fair enough. She just wasn't what I was expecting. I don't think I was being nasty by saying I was unfollowing her. Her rant was OTT.

I feel if they're being paid or the product is sponsored they should have to say that.

In fairness if a company gives them free stuff they should review it first that's what blogging is about theres lots of girls giving honest reviews on their pages and not being recognised and then the big snapchatterrs are only plugging the stuff without a proper review and getting paid for it and they are plugging way more than beauty if they are charging people to put something on snapchat then they should be honest about it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I said nothing bad about you Sharon if you're reading this so if you're taking offence to someone saying nothing bad about you then you do need thicker skin.

No more posts like the above please. (And it's not the first one, I'm just picking it as an example.) If you want to discuss something directly with the blogger, choose another site to do so on. It's ridiculous to have someone saying something on Snapchat and to have people responding here and it's not what this forum is for. And no more 'I can't believe she said this about what someone said on Boards.' It's just the above said in a different way.

This thread is starting to get a bit bitchy, like all other blogger threads. If it continues to go the way that all other blogger threads have gone it will be closed.

The thread is about beauty bloggers. Your time would be better spent recommending good ones rather than posting negative things, but that's just my personal opinion.

Apologies, that was probably my fault for bringing it up in the way that I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

We get some bloggers into where I work and to be honest, the constant stopping during procedures to update their snapchat is so frustrating, then when I watch it back, having been there while the snap is being taken, as nice as the person is, they come across as being very insincere.

I love Sinead from the beautiful truth. LOVE her. Everyone needs Sinead on their snapchat. I don't get this recent influx of beauty bloggers. It's not that hard to get a following on social media. How many likes does that Doug the pug Facebook page have? I think sometimes some of the bloggers (I don't follow enough of them to know which ones in particular) like to think of themselves as somewhat of a celeb. "Okay you guys, I might make my snapchat public later so as I can talk to you". "Okay you guys, this is my skinny soy latte that I'm drinking from a white cup because white looks so good on Instagram". I actually had a lady who told me she asked for white balloons from her friend for her birthday so as she could take pics for Instagram. I see people constantly in restaurants who start taking pics of their food/hot chocolate as soon as it comes out. I mean really, who cares??

If I follow a blogger it's because they're fashion, or beauty and that's what I'm into. I don't give a rats ass if they're staying at a fancy hotel plugging the bejaysus out of it, I don't want to see it. Or if they're off horse riding, or sledging down the side of a hill, or whatever else it is that makes them "quirky" or "different". Show me the lipstick, show me the cut crease, find a new foundation? Fantastic let's hear about it.

What's Sinead's username?

We get some bloggers into where I work and to be honest, the constant stopping during procedures to update their snapchat is so frustrating, then when I watch it back, having been there while the snap is being taken, as nice as the person is, they come across as being very insincere.

I love Sinead from the beautiful truth. LOVE her. Everyone needs Sinead on their snapchat. I don't get this recent influx of beauty bloggers. It's not that hard to get a following on social media. How many likes does that Doug the pug Facebook page have? I think sometimes some of the bloggers (I don't follow enough of them to know which ones in particular) like to think of themselves as somewhat of a celeb. "Okay you guys, I might make my snapchat public later so as I can talk to you". "Okay you guys, this is my skinny soy latte that I'm drinking from a white cup because white looks so good on Instagram". I actually had a lady who told me she asked for white balloons from her friend for her birthday so as she could take pics for Instagram. I see people constantly in restaurants who start taking pics of their food/hot chocolate as soon as it comes out. I mean really, who cares??

If I follow a blogger it's because they're fashion, or beauty and that's what I'm into. I don't give a rats ass if they're staying at a fancy hotel plugging the bejaysus out of it, I don't want to see it. Or if they're off horse riding, or sledging down the side of a hill, or whatever else it is that makes them "quirky" or "different". Show me the lipstick, show me the cut crease, find a new foundation? Fantastic let's hear about it.
    That I'll make my posts public later like their a celeb is silly or getting annoyed because people who follow you send you there stories like I know it must be annoying but they probably are sending them because they feel like they know them and are most likely young girls
    I love sinead from the beautiful truth she's so honest while everyone was raving about how amazing the pippa palette they got free was she gave an honest review of it talking through each item in it on snapchat

• Advertisement

What's Sinead's username?
    Thebeauttruth she's great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The hippenings business has put me off so I think I'm bowing out. Even if they don't realise they're plugging it like viral marketers it's been uncomfortably over the top to watch. It has over 3000 likes on facebook and comments like "I cant wait!I keep refreshing the page!" which has to be in large part due to it's enormous exposure on snapchat. None of us would ever have heard of a site that sold diaries from asos and 30 euro water bottles and expensive phonecases it if we didn't watch Snapchat. Yet there's not an honest word along the lines of "it's pretty overpriced", instead "I want EVERYTHING on the site, its amazing, I'm so excited!!!".
    It just feels like an "I'll scratch your back and later you can scratch mine when I need a serious plug". Yes it's nice to see camaraderie between friends, but it is manipulating those who more innocent. If I was 14/15 and seeing countless ollder girls/women telling me they HAD to have this and it's the most beautiful thing they've ever seen I might believe it, and ladies ye are relying on exactly this happening because I've never seen any of ye raving about your love of mad overpriced bottles before, ye have an end in mind here.

The hippenings business has put me off so I think I'm bowing out. Even if they don't realise they're plugging it like viral marketers it's been uncomfortably over the top to watch. It has over 3000 likes on facebook and comments like "I cant wait!I keep refreshing the page!" which has to be in large part due to it's enormous exposure on snapchat. None of us would ever have heard of a site that sold diaries from asos and 30 euro water bottles and expensive phonecases it if we didn't watch Snapchat. Yet there's not an honest word along the lines of "it's pretty overpriced", instead "I want EVERYTHING on the site, its amazing, I'm so excited!!!".
    It just feels like an "I'll scratch your back and later you can scratch mine when I need a serious plug". Yes it's nice to see camaraderie between friends, but it is manipulating those who more innocent. If I was 14/15 and seeing countless ollder girls/women telling me they HAD to have this and it's the most beautiful thing they've ever seen I might believe it, and ladies ye are relying on exactly this happening because I've never seen any of ye raving about your love of mad overpriced bottles before, ye have an end in mind here.
    I agree there is too much plugging each other without honesty they need to be careful about influencing their audience which i'd say are mostly young that hippenings has gorgeous stuff but is very expensive and that constant hype from all the snapchatters puts pressure on the younger girls to get the stuff mention it once or twice but not constantly like they were yesterday that carry on could actually affect the business by putting other people off buying from them my niece wants some of the stuff off that site my sister is buying direct from the ban.do site because of the way it was hyped up on snapchat and influenced her daughter

That hippenings site is crazy over priced. Over €40 for some hairband with pointy ears? Madness. And banners you could get for €2 in any other shop.
    Anyway, is Fleurdeforce on snapchat? She is my absolute favourite. I just enjoy watching her life and her gorgeous dogs! Always find her very honest regards ads and sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mfarr3ll

I love
    Waxspertsellen she's a lovely girl her son is around my son's age and a cutie and when her hubby conrad has a vino he's highly entertaining just a nice one to follow
    Love rosemary she's straight to the point and no bull**** about her so that's a thumbs up
    pippa would have been my number 1 until recently again her Olli is my son's age he's a cutie but I'm suspicious of all the plugging and river island gear as is said above she was more a zara/topshop girl
    Rosie is a pain I unfollowed to keep it simple if she was a bar of chocolate she would eat herself
    Recently I followed justjordan her cork accent is class (im a meath woman) and she seems so down to earth so liking her posts
    Sharon leavey wasn't for me after the kids throwing turf everywhere yesterday jesus I just wanted to clean it up quick that's the ocd in me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eloise44

Just discovered snapchat a week ago and am obsessed with Ellen from waxperts and Rosemary Macabe. James Patrice makes me laugh out loud! I wish there was a way of 'searching' snapchat for a user...if you know what I mean? There are a few blogs that I LOVE and would love to know how to see if they are on snapchat. Fave blogs at the mo are the beautiful truth, a simple style and whatshewears

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MillieMooMoo

I adore Ellen i think shes just so normal and love when she gets Conrad on for the chats, I live for James Kavanagh because he just takes the absolute wee out of everyone and everything, James Patrice is another good one his tormenting of Fron is hilar, but those 3 do a bit of everything, as for Rosie i had to delete, endless look what i got but never actually reviews them its weird and i also cant cope with her snapping in the car with poor Happy in the back while shes driving, and all that face touching and hair fixing is an absolute melt, i really used to like Pippa but totally agree with the above posts, Karen lovelygirlybits is so funny bit of everything there too so my little faves incase any new snapchatters are looking for people to add are...

jameskava
    cartermarissa
    paddyysmyth
    jamespatrice

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MillieMooMoo

hollywooddublin
    sharonleavy
    waxpertsellen
    lovelygirlybits
    rosmarymaccabe

All worth a little follow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - if you don't like the work of a blogger, then provide constructive criticism, saying why you don't like the snaps. Don't attack the blogger personally as that's just being a b*tch. Remember there's a difference between constructively criticising a post and commenting on a person.

Give respect to get respect.

If posters cannot adhere to this, we will close the thread.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I love snapchat, I have unfollowed a few bloggers though as they got on my nerves because their snaps were (presumably still are) all the same, I've no real interest in their partners, Q&As, etc. I follow for the beauty bits and pieces but the constant "look what I got" etc snaps are starting to really grate on me.

I love MakeUpByAn, LaurasViews, XoShaan, NikkieTutorials, Zabby.Babe, Emilynoel83, and AmeliaLiana.

I've unfollowed Rosie Connolley, Chloe Boucher, and another girl called Anoushka something or other, I honestly found them boring and just all the same thing day in day out.

I do follow FacesByGrace but the amount of sponsored snaps, "look what I got", etc are starting to grate on me and I find myself sighing when I see her story is at 500 seconds by 11am. Another thing that she did recently was shout at her cat to get upstairs because the cat couldn't decide whether to go outside or not. I'm not sure why but it really annoyed me for some reason.

I follow Rosemary Maccabe too but after seeing her posts here and her snipes on snapchat about this thread I have kind gone off her a bit.

I mean, no one likes to hear, read or see non-positive things written about them but unfortunately when you put yourself in the public eye that's just something that you really have to accept is going to happen, and if you are in any way sensitive reading threads like this really won't do much for the sensitivity.

I mean no one should ever have to accept or put up with nastiness, bitchiness, etc. no one, but at the same time, if you are going to put yourself out there publicly you do need to accept that people are going to criticise you, your personalty, your taste, etc. its unfortunate but its how it is.

While you may not like that persons criticism or opinion or whatever, you do need to accept that being criticised, good or bad, is a part of putting yourself in the public eye, nastiness, bitchiness, etc is something that while not acceptable or nice, is just another thing that those in the public eye have to deal with unfortunately and in this day and age, you really do need a thick skin when putting yourself out there, you really do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement