Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People ''Prentending'' the recession has affected them

Options
  • 02-04-2013 6:55pm
    Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭

A 12D 3 series and a 131D mazda 6 in the drive, 350k gaff now worth 225 ish I would say. He a senior civil servant 60k She a dentist with her own practice in the town. Well done i say, But why do they always whinge about the ''recession'' every time I meet them outside the door ? Do they feel sory for me ? 4am taxis to their door to the airport, suitcases etc and they tell me they are going to ''Her Mothers'' in Wexford for a few days and would I put out their bins.
    I really dont begrudge anyone what they have, but why the lies ? If they told me they were going on a 10 day cruise to Costa Rica with an outside cabin with a balcony I would be really happy to put out the bins but why tell me it's Wexford ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What do you care where they're going
    How did you know the taxi is to the airport :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

bluewolf wrote: »

He's obviously jealous cos he wants to go to Wexford!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It's the Irish way. Part of the reason the country is in the situation that it is currently in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

andym1 wrote: »
    A 12D 3 series and a 131D mazda 6 in the drive, 350k gaff now worth 225 ish I would say. He a senior civil servant 60k She a dentist with her own practice in the town. Well done i say, But why do they always whinge about the ''recession'' every time I meet them outside the door ? Do they feel sory for me ? 4am taxis to their door to the airport, suitcases etc and they tell me they are going to ''Her Mothers'' in Wexford for a few days and would I put out their bins.
    I really dont begrudge anyone what they have, but why the lies ? If they told me they were going on a 10 day cruise to Costa Rica with an outside cabin with a balcony I would be really happy to put out the bins but why tell me it's Wexford ?

right an it probably hasn't got anything to do with the fact that they now pay more taxes and the value of their currency is less.

The recession is affecting everyone, sure some of us aren't of the streets but we still feel the pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

You are the typical sideline begrudger of a couple doing well for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A 12D 3 series and a 131D mazda 6 in the drive, 350k gaff now worth 225 ish I would say. He a senior civil servant 60k She a dentist with her own practice in the town....

You sound like an auld biddy neighbor of mine.. fizzing at the slit with gossip and conjecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Did you put their bins out? :)

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

How did you know the taxi is to the airport :pac:
    You dont order a taxi to wexford at 4am do you, ? Really come on ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You dont order a taxi to wexford at 4am do you, ? Really come on ...

I don't watch to see where my neighbours are going at 4am and posting threads on boards about them, either

And valuing their house they may never sell!
    Christ on a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I know a couple like that, they bring in over 200k between them and fair play to them, they work hard, but they live in a standard 3 bedroom house, with mortgage paid, no kids, no new cars an 02 car between them And all you ever hear out of them is we've no money this and no money that.

When they ramble on you just say in your head

Ahhhhh Would you ever fúck off :rolleyes:

Edit: Its an 02 car :)

• Advertisement

kjl wrote: »
    right an it probably hasn't got anything to do with the fact that they now pay more taxes and the value of their currency is less.

The recession is affecting everyone, sure some of us aren't of the streets but we still feel the pinch.
    But why pretend you are living on Instant Whip and Chrisps ?

I don't watch to see where my neighbours are going at 4am and posting threads on boards about them, either

And valuing their house they may never sell!
    Christ on a bike

If a Taxi beeped outside your door you might ! And I really dont begrudge them ! Just the lies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

tim_simms wrote: »
    my local GP has put up his fees since 2008 = no rescession there

old age pensioners = no cuts whatsoever to cash entitlements , a token cut in the form of a cut to fuel allowance during months when the weather isnt even cold + a miniscule 50 cent per prescription charge = no rescession there

some groups are jumping on the " woe is me " bandwagon

Think you'll find it's 1.50 now...:pac:

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I know a couple like that, they bring in over 200k between them and fair play to them, they work hard, but they live in a standard 3 bedroom house, with mortgage paid, no kids, no new cars an 02 car between them And all you ever hear out of them is we've no money this and no money that.

When they ramble on you just say in your head

Ahhhhh Would you ever fúck off :rolleyes:

Edit: Its an 02 car :)

Thats exactly what I mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

A 12D 3 series and a 131D mazda 6 in the drive, 350k gaff now worth 225 ish I would say. He a senior civil servant 60k She a dentist with her own practice in the town.
    Well if she runs her own business she'd know all about the recession. Maybe they did earn a lot more than they do now even though they still have a good wage coming in it's still a shock to see big chunks of money disappear.

The recession is also all anybody wants to talk about. It's the in thing to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

That would be Wexford Alabama op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Go in and rob their fancy sauces and cereals and live like a king.

They probably have real butter and organic milk as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

You sound like an auld biddy neighbor of mine.. fizzing at the slit with gossip and conjecture.

Thanked for 'fizzing at the slit'. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

A 12D 3 series and a 131D mazda 6 in the drive, 350k gaff now worth 225 ish I would say. He a senior civil servant 60k She a dentist with her own practice in the town. Well done i say, But why do they always whinge

Well, if this isn't the definition of irony...

about the ''recession'' every time I meet them outside the door ? Do they feel sory for me ?

Maybe they feel a pang of guilt alright when you're eyeballing them over the wall and pricing all their possessions. I can only imagine the hangdog face on you peering over the wall... Of course you're going to make them feel awkward.
    4am taxis to their door to the airport, suitcases etc and they tell me they are going to ''Her Mothers'' in Wexford for a few days and would I put out their bins.

Suuure you don't, and yet their possessions are the first thing you mention in your OP. They'll tell you it's only to Wexford because they probably ARE only going to Wexford.

I see the recession doesn't seem to have had any effect on the bitter "keeping up with the Jones next door" mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

she,s a dentist , not a hardware store owner or car dealer , working in a closed shop - sheltered sector
    People want any excuse to avoid a visit to the dentist, the recession is the perfect one and rather than have the expense crown work done people may just have the tooth pulled. On top of that you have plenty of people going to places like slovakia for cheap dental work. You can't just assume any business would be completely unaffected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

she,s a dentist , not a hardware store owner or car dealer , working in a closed shop - sheltered sector
    There have been massive cuts to PRSI funded dental treatment - many dentists will have seen big cuts in business in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

ScumLord wrote: »
    Well if she runs her own business she'd know all about the recession. Maybe they did earn a lot more than they do now even though they still have a good wage coming in it's still a shock to see big chunks of money disappear.

The recession is also all anybody wants to talk about. It's the in thing to complain about.

The owner of our company loves the recession ****e talk. Always giving excuses for not having any cash to pay better wages which i dont care really but for equipment needed to run the company which is stone age.

Then he brings the company down to a hotel a few weeks back, rents out a fancy room and says we have an income of about 500-600 million a year, no debt and 100 million cash in the bank.

Again.

Ahhhh Would You Fúck off :D

lukesmom wrote: »
    Did you put their bins out? :)
    Indeed I did !

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

One of my most hated side effects of the recession is people who say 'No recession there.'

'You're having a biscuit with your tea? No recession there!'

'You're eating meat and potatoes instead of gruel six nights a week and porridge on Sundays? No recession there!'

It's usually accompanied by an 'AmIRight?' look around the room like a sh1tebag comedian at a brutally failing gig. Shut up you fcuking gobsh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Sister is a dental nurse, turnover down between 20 to 30% as people no longer get cosmetic or just plain check ups done. Only time alot of people go to dentists these days is for neccessary work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

I hate this prentend outrage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Thanked for 'fizzing at the slit'. :P

I prefer "frothing at the gash" myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

ireland has become a place where one would almost have to apologise for earning a big wedge.
    a horrible attitude driven by a horrible media and leftie politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Steve O wrote: »
    I hate this prentend outrage...

Feigned would be a better word...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Montroseee wrote: »
    Feigned would be a better word...

Advertisement