Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too much weight loss too quickly

• 09-02-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Just looking for some advice
    I started operation Transformation on 31st of January with my local GAA Club. On the weigh in night i weighed in at 16 St 12 lb. I have been very inactive in terms of excercise for the previous 18 months following a layoff from a groin injury and taking a step back to do some coaching at my football club. Prior to that i would have trained quite hard 3 times a week with games at the weekends and maintained a weight around 15 stone. I had slipped into some poor eating habits during this period and was polishing off 3-4 lucozade's a day (I dont drink tea or coffee and was getting my hit out of this)

So after the weigh in i hit the exercise hard.

Sat (6km adventure run through mud and water with obstacles)
    Sun (45 minutes football)
    Mon (1hr evening gym session .Mainly cardio to get stiffness from the weekend out)
    Tues (pre work gym session of 45 minutes)
    Wed (Pre Work Gym session of 45 minutes)
    Thurs (Pre work gym session of 45 minutes)
    Fri (Pre work gym session of 45 minutes and post work gym session of 45 mins before the weigh in)
    Sat (Rest Day)
    Sunday (90 mins of football)

I made huge changes to my diet. Lucozade and other carbonated drinks gone,white bread gone,reduced the carb intake,much more fruit,more water and no food after 6:30 in the evening (I used to snack constantly in the evening). I am also taking L Carnitine and omega 3 supplements in the morning before excersise

So i dropped 10 pounds in the first 7 days and another 2 over the weekend. Couple of people have said to me that i need to be careful that i dont over do it too quickly. Im feeling a lot better with myself and not finding the gym workout bad at all. Actually quite enjoying starting my day with the workout before i head to the office.I feel like i have more energy and even the changes to the diet have not been too hard as im seeing results. I know things will slow down this week after the inital big drop but im worried that i might be going too hard at it with these comments from other people.

Any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You can lose big numbers early on due to water weight.

I wouldn't worry about the comments. Nothing to worry about.

The diet is the key element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Don't over-do it and injure yourself or burn out, that will set you back further and be anti-productive. If you adopt the mentality that it's a lifestyle change and not a race to be slim you will be much better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ApprovalSeal

No food after 18:30 is a mental rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rabnub101

Thanks for the advice so far folks. Im using the operation transformation as a kick start to my lifestyle. I've slipped into some very poor habits in the last 18 months. If i could get down around to 15 stone over the 6 weeks it runs i would be delighted. Then its about maintaining it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Fair play on the early weight loss so far. Most people will lose a significant amount of weight in the first 2/3 weeks through a combination of factors- Shock to the body through dramatic increase in activity levels, drop in water weight, reduced intake of calories and eating nutritionally dense foods and less processed crap.

A few simple things that I would suggest (that worked for me).
    1-Monitor calorie intake, loads of aps available for this.
    2-Do not drop below 1,500 cals for the day. Not healthy or sustainable IMO.
    3- If you break your diet it is not the end of the world. Just because you have 1 or 2 biscuits it doesn't mean you are going to put on 2 pounds. This does not mean to break out the hobnobs, more that if you have a temporary lapse don't dwell on it too much and move on.
    4- Exercise is important to successful dieting but the foods you eat are more important. Try to incorporate more fresh foods and less items out of packets and frozen crap.
    5- Do some weight/resistance training and not just cardio. Lean muscle mass will help you to burn calories at a higher rate.
    6- If you can have your measurements taken every couple of weeks (e.g. BMI, Body Fat %, waist line). Sometimes people may not get the desired weight loss results on a scales but will see great improvements in these numbers. This is a result of gaining more muscle and dropping fat as muscle is far denser than fat.

All the best with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Sounds about right for the first week starting off a new diet and exercise program due to losing the water weight etc. The first week for me is normally the biggest loss.

Sounds like you are doing great... I agree with above poster... make sure you eat enough so you dont get sick of dieting.

Best of luck!!

Another 3 lbs gone this week. Ill take that every week for the rest of it. Feeling great!

Quick update guys. 3 Weeks in and down 21 pounds in total. Exercise is coming easier day by day. Now running 5:30 - 6.00 kilometers on the treadmill as my cardio part of the workout. Some days 3 Km other days 5km depending on time available. Alternating legs and arms on a daily basis for weights and keeping Saturday as my rest day. I've dropped a jean size,feeling great and last week started 3 additional sessions Mon,Wed,Fri in a boxing gym for an upcoming white collar boxing event.

Why didn't i do this before......

Quick update guys. 3 Weeks in and down 21 pounds in total. Exercise is coming easier day by day. Now running 5:30 - 6.00 min
    kilometers on the treadmill as my cardio part of the workout. Some days 3 Km other days 5km depending on time available. Alternating legs and arms on a daily basis for weights and keeping Saturday as my rest day. I've dropped a jean size,feeling great and last week started 3 additional sessions Mon,Wed,Fri in a boxing gym for an upcoming white collar boxing event.

Why didn't i do this before......

Week 4 done. 3 more lbs to make it 24 lbs over 4 weeks. Two similar weeks to finish it off and im now hoping for a round 2 stone weight loss. Thanks again for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Well done, keep going.

They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice changes, 8 weeks for family and friends, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world! ;)

Thnaks NoQuarter. I have to say this has been such a dramatic change that its been noticed by everybody.... Especially the other half who is thrilled with me. She's lost 3/4 of a stone herself as i do all the cooking at home and she didnt want me to cook 2 separate dinners in the evening. I weighed in under 15 stone this morning for the first time in nearly 3 years. Seeing results like that is just inspiring me to go on a really make it a life change out of this .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Fab work keep it up, so great to here success stories like this!

Week 5 . 2 stone lost. Nearly fell off the scales

Last session of the Operation Transformation done. Weighed in at 2 stone 3lbs lighter than the first night 6 weeks ago. Thanks everybody for their kind words of advice and encouragement .

Advertisement