Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I had no idea the guy who plays Stan is married to Prunella Scales (Fawlty Towers) and is actually quite well spoken. He's on a thing on More 4 where they're touring about on a canal. I can't get over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I had no idea the guy who plays Stan is married to Prunella Scales (Fawlty Towers) and is actually quite well spoken. He's on a thing on More 4 where they're touring about on a canal. I can't get over it!

Imagine if she was cast as mama Sylvie Carter :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is Lee's problem, I am not Ben's biggest fan but Stacey too is a murderer and where was his better half Whitney?

I am guessing Shirley's fella from Brush Strokes is Mick's real dad

Whitney has gone to help Bianca with the kids after Bianca broke her leg.

Rumoured to be up for it doesn't mean he's going to get it.

It's surprising if he's been allowed to audition though, I thought he recently extended his EE contract. Unless it was only for a few months.

EDIT: I just noticed that link is not to the article I thought it was. I read one earlier saying he was linked to a role not confirming he was leaving. Looks like he is off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i hope he leaves with Lauren, it would be more credible!

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i hope he leaves with Lauren, it would be more credible!

I think so too. They're quite a sweet couple and the characters have kind of run their course once the Lucy thing is finished. Assuming neither one is the killer it'd be a nice happy ending for them to leave together.
    Only problem is Jacqueline Jossa says she'll be back after her maternity leave. Although she could just be saying that to throw us off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Rough looking fella Shirley shacked up with.

Rough looking fella Shirley shacked up with.

As rough as Phil Mitchell :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

As rough as Phil Mitchell :p

Funny you should say that. When your man was back in the shadows and before he came out a bit, I was nearly sure it was Phil...the head on him wink.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Awww,I like Peter. :-(
    Hardly him as the killer so as his announced imminent departure would greatly reduce the shock factor when the time comes.

In the comments under that article,says that Dean is leaving too. :-(
    There will be no-one nice left to look at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

MelanieC wrote: »
    Awww,I like Peter. :-(
    Hardly him as the killer so as his announced imminent departure would greatly reduce the shock factor when the time comes.

In the comments under that article,says that Dean is leaving too. :-(
    There will be no-one nice left to look at!

return of Minty

maurv1 wrote: »
    Funny you should say that. When your man was back in the shadows and before he came out a bit, I was nearly sure it was Phil...the head on him wink.png

Be good if it were Grant

return of Minty

Is that true?!

This Buster dude has to be Mick or Dean's dad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

He mentioned sneaking into a Clash gig with Shirley in 1976 & said something like "best night of my life"... the night Mick was conceived possibly? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

1976 . . . . And mick is 37 . . . You could be right

So what's it to be then: carter kids - this is grandpa buster or uncle buster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

I've been enjoying Eastenders for the last few weeks. It's good to have Shirley back. It's hard to believe Mick is only 37 but it would make sense for him to be the son of new Minty. I was shocked by Dean's question at the end, if that is the case I would feel sorry for Kevin.

Caprica wrote: »
    I've been enjoying Eastenders for the last few weeks. It's good to have Shirley back. It's hard to believe Mick is only 37 but it would make sense for him to be the son of new Minty. I was shocked by Dean's question at the end, if that is the case I would feel sorry for Kevin.

Did Kevin know he wasn't Dean and Carly's biological dad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yes Kevin knew

• Advertisement

Kevin knew but I don't think the kids knew until Shirley showed up on screen and then they found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

Poor Mick:( awful to have to find out like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What happened

Caprica wrote: »
    I've been enjoying Eastenders for the last few weeks. It's good to have Shirley back. It's hard to believe Mick is only 37

If mick is 37 does that mean they did have their 21 year old son (lee) at 16? :eek: they had 3 children by the time he was 20?

If mick is 37 does that mean they did have their 21 year old son (lee) at 16? :eek: they had 3 children by the time he was 20?

Lee isn't 21. They said a few weeks ago that Linda was 37 and Nancy just celebrated her 21st and she's the middle child so, work that out. They must have been babies having babies when they had Lee.

Lee isn't 21. They said a few weeks ago that Linda was 37 and Nancy just celebrated her 21st and she's the middle child so, work that out. They must have been babies having babies when they had Lee.

sorry i thought she said to lee "it's not everyday you turn 21" when she told them to go to the albert after finding out the grandfather had cancer.

sorry i thought she said to lee "it's not everyday you turn 21" when she told them to go to the albert after finding out the grandfather had cancer.

Oh well, I don't know. Nancy definitely just turned 21 though, she had that stupid musical bingo night in the Vic for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bit of a sneaky act Mick picking up Lindas phone when he got her out of the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Mick met a local girl called, Linda Peacock, when he was six years old and they went to school together. In their teens, Linda fell pregnant by Mick, three months after the death of her father, and gave birth to their son Lee.
    Two years later, they had a daughter, Nancy, followed by the difficult birth of their youngest son, Johnny.

That would make Lee 23 which means Mick/Linda (if they are both 37 in EE) were 14 when they had Lee!

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter_family_(EastEnders)

Bit of a sneaky act Mick picking up Lindas phone when he got her out of the room.

to be fair he wanted to know what he was getting for Christmas

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    That would make Lee 23 which means Mick/Linda (if they are both 37 in EE) were 14 when they had Lee!

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter_family_(EastEnders)

That's incorrect tho coz last night was Lee's 22nd birhday - Linda said to him "it's not every day you turn 22".

I noticed coz I knew Nancy turned 21 very recently so I remember thinkng she must have gotten pregnant with Nancy not long after Lee's birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I think they said they were together when they were 15/16 so ya lee be 22 and nancy 21, ya can happen isn't johnny 18?

doovdela wrote: »
    I think they said they were together when they were 15/16 so ya lee be 22 and nancy 21, ya can happen isn't johnny 18?

He's 19 as far as I know.

I hope Buster returns loved him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

So Buster is Micks dad :eek: and he has grassed up his dad to the police:D Mick won't be happy about that when he finds out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Another person leaving , it about time too
    Khali Best leaving role as Dexter Hartman

Which could lead to
    Cora will be next, the looks of it, none of her 3 daughters are no longer there and now her grandson leaving too and Stan not got long left, ,she as no point sticking around after that

There are few exits lined up
    Dean
    Stan
    Johnny
    Dexter
    Lauren

Rumors
    Alfie Moon may be killed off

Good news. Can't stand that person.

Is Buster also Carly's dad?

• Advertisement

Is Buster also Carly's dad?

I think Kevin was Carly and Jimbo's dad. But this is Eastenders, anything is possible. Kat is Zoe's mother after all. If you are at least 12 years older than anyone you could end up being their parent at this stage.

Loving the family reunion between Buster, Shirley and Dean. Have to keep reminding myself Dean is a dirty fcuking rapist.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Loving the family reunion between Buster, Shirley and Dean. Have to keep reminding myself Dean is a dirty fcuking rapist.

Yeah,it's complicated isn't it? Keep finding myself feeling sorry for Dean's character,then I remember......

Is Buster the big love of Shirley's life like Carol and David, cant see it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Pathetic attempt to try to make Ben likeable again.

It has been years since Patrick worked at his allotment

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I think Kevin was Carly and Jimbo's dad. But this is Eastenders, anything is possible. Kat is Zoe's mother after all. If you are at least 12 years older than anyone you could end up being their parent at this stage.

is dean actually his son or was this just a cover for the mick scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mandylevo

Dean is his son but so is Mick, Shirleys face was priceless when he said that mick was his as well, can't wait for Buster to come back

mandylevo wrote: »
    Dean is his son but so is Mick, Shirleys face was priceless when he said that mick was his as well, can't wait for Buster to come back

whats he in jail for and whens he out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Did we ever figure out where Shabnam got the money she gave tamwar?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Did we ever figure out where Shabnam got the money she gave tamwar?

She inherited from her nana when she died

also I want Elaine & Buster back full time they are great

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement