Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Woodley on pts is interesting. Could definitely happen if Woodley's TDD is on point and he keeps his distance possibly leading to lots of inactivity (flashbacks to Woodley/Wonderboy 2). However I'd see Maia more likely to win on points than Woodley, could just be 5 rounds of Woodley resisting a BJJ onslaught like the Masdival fight.

exactly what I was thinking, hadn't considered maia pts at all but you could be on to something there and 8/1 for that compared to 5/2 for the is pretty good value.
    It's possible it could be a similiar type fight as v shields in which case a pts win could well be overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Great card for betting to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Gamebred wrote: »
    What makes you fance a tko in the main event? 2 tko's between both of them in 4 years.

Nothing whatsoever. Hence the title "gamble time" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Gone with an accumulator of :
    Demian Maia by Submission @ 11/4
    Brian Ortega @ 1/1
    Jimi Manuwa by KO @ 10/11
    Ricardo Lamas @ 10/11
    Jon Jones on Points @ 11/10

10 down for 574 back .

looks a good bet there senor

so the obvious/popular ones

jones pts 11/10
    manuwa ko 10/11
    robbie ko 9/4

and the value imo
    cormier pts 11/2
    woodley pts maia pts 9/2 8/1

like lamas pts also 9/4, don't see knight stopping lamas for one, chance of a lamas ko possibly though

• Advertisement

biggest stake for me is on lamas at 11/10

followed by the treble of
    cyborg
    manuwa
    woodley
    at 2.55

gone for abu by sub at 10/3 as curran isn't very good and will imo get finished one way or another.

smaller on
    lamas pts
    cormier pts
    robbie ko
    woodley pts

abu round one 9/2
    manuwa round two 11/2
    robbie round three 14/1

the lamas bet will cover most of the rest should they fail :)

Nice bets.

Having a nose around the other markets

Main event w paddy

Time out in fight - 17/10
    Pt deduction - 11/2

Might be worth a few quid with new rules and Jones fondness for eye pokes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tinpib

Nothing too outrageous, small stakes Heinz on:

Barao
    Lamas
    Manuwa
    Lawler
    Meia
    Cormier

Cormier may not win but I think 3.25 is massive, think it should be a lot closer than that. Meia is possibly heart rather than head but also the price is generous.

Was looking at getting better odds by trying Manuwa/Lawler by KO, Meia by sub etc but just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

5 folds

Lawler
    Dc
    Knight
    Manuwa
    Woodley

10 pays 260

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anywhere I can bet on submission type?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

D.Q wrote: »
    Having a nose around the other markets

Main event w paddy

Time out in fight - 17/10
    Pt deduction - 11/2

Might be worth a few quid with new rules and Jones fondness for eye pokes

The timeout @17/10 in Jones fight is too good to let go ! Stuck it in a double with Cerrone v Lawler not to go the distance @4/6 .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jones, Maia and Mikey Garcia(Boxing) treble for me tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Brian Ortega sub at 8/1 is wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Moicano is a BJJ blackbelt too, making the price so high. Ortega is a level above him though imo, it's a great bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Andre Fili by KO,
    Jimi Manuwa KO & Round 1, No to cerrone going distance
    , Cris Cyborg KO & Round 1,
    Ricardo Lamas, Brian Ortega,
    Jon Jones KO & Round 1,
    Tyron Woodley by KO

Stake €2.50

ACCUMULATOR (8)

Potential Returns
    €8,378.61

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hate seeing my bank account at odd numbers, so decided to take out €8.34 to make it a more round number

Banked on Lawler, Manuwa, Maia and Cormier returning me €151.66

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Disappointed to see Bet Victor have drastically reduced the amount of markets on offer. Used to be able to pick the submission type if I remember correctly!

I went with accumulator on Bet Victor. €10 returns €207.45
    Lawler KO or Sub (Don't offer KO only market anymore :()
    Cyborg KO
    Damien Maia (Sub not guaranteed for me but I see him gaining *some* control kinda like the Gunnar Nelson fight)
    Jones pts

Confident in all the above except Maia. Out of the four fights I doubt Woodley the most.

Also liked Sean Sheehan's bet of the week of Cyborg KO R2 @ 6.5 on Bet Victor (You can actually get 6.5 for Cyborg win. Has good reasoning here: http://severemma.com/2017/07/size-ufc-214-cormier-vs-jones-2/ Plus I think Cyborg has taken *slightly* longer on fighters who are not cans.

My own underdog of the night is Oezdemir KO @ 4.0 on Paddy Power. Going against the whole forum/entire-internet here on this one but I like a fight with both men going for a KO. Anything can happen here in a dynamic striking battle like this and Manuwa has been KO'd twice. Having said that Manuwa has a huge reach advantage here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Barao
    Lamas
    Manuwa by KO
    Lawler by KO
    Jones by KO
    Woodley by KO

€10 @ 93/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dulux99 wrote: »
    5pt bet on Lawler & Jones double at about 11/10

Yeow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

5pt bet on Lawler & Jones double at about 11/10

Yeow
    Good stuff I went with;
    Cyborg KO,
    Woodley Pts
    Jones Pts

Was foolishly counting my money during the main. Could only see it going the distance after rds 1 and 2.

I feel like chasing losses today...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Gamble time

Bet.png

This was annoying. Not even a sweat in the Maia/Woodley fight. Hate bets that you don't get any sweat from

Great shout great price
    Wish I'd seen this on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Disappointed to see Bet Victor have drastically reduced the amount of markets on offer. Used to be able to pick the submission type if I remember correctly!

I went with accumulator on Bet Victor. €10 returns €207.45
    Lawler KO or Sub (Don't offer KO only market anymore :()
    Cyborg KO
    Damien Maia (Sub not guaranteed for me but I see him gaining *some* control kinda like the Gunnar Nelson fight)
    Jones pts

Confident in all the above except Maia. Out of the four fights I doubt Woodley the most.

Also liked Sean Sheehan's bet of the week of Cyborg KO R2 @ 6.5 on Bet Victor (You can actually get 6.5 for Cyborg win. Has good reasoning here: http://severemma.com/2017/07/size-ufc-214-cormier-vs-jones-2/ Plus I think Cyborg has taken *slightly* longer on fighters who are not cans.

My own underdog of the night is Oezdemir KO @ 4.0 on Paddy Power. Going against the whole forum/entire-internet here on this one but I like a fight with both men going for a KO. Anything can happen here in a dynamic striking battle like this and Manuwa has been KO'd twice. Having said that Manuwa has a huge reach advantage here.

Came out €10 in profit thanks to this one.

The card was a bloodbath for boards.ie accumulators cause Robbie didn't get the KO that seemed nailed on and Jones didn't win by points.

Gamebred, great shout on Brian Ortega, wish I'd stuck a few quid on but had no idea how high level the Brazilian was.

Not much on offer this week, think Pettis is overpriced at 6/4 much cleaner striker if he avoids takedowns I see him winning this easy on points but wont be greedy just win only bet, course Moreno is fav to win by sub but i'll take a chance.

Think 8/11 on rashad Sam to go the distance is value
    Rashad is very hard to finish and wouldn't finish the cat these days...Alvey can throw a punch is all

Ive doubled it with Moreno as I don't rate Pettis, think he'll be on his back quite a bit
    Liking rashad pts also at 17/4 as it's probably the only way and some are as short as 2/1

Edit...my mistake 17/4...must have imagined it

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Sam vs Rashad go the distance
    Grasso decision
    Moreno sub

Just under 9/1 I believe(BV)

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Sam vs Rashad go the distance
    Grasso decision
    Moreno sub

Just under 9/1 I believe(BV)

Nice price as it's probably how grasso wins it
    Got badly burnt on her last time..Surely better than that

Avoiding the Grasso fight with her coming in 4lbs overweight and this fight being at altitude
    Gone for Price & Herrera fights Not To Distance, Ortiz and Perez. Odds of 6.05

• Advertisement

Winner in Pettis last night, will be reloading the dough onto JDS against Ngannou, fran is 3/10 here which is one of the worst prices ive ever seen absolute beast but hes battered cans JDS is 11/5 with pp wild price.

Advertisement