Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They've got UFC 188 for €17.99 here https://www.ufc.tv/events

Seems like you also have to pay for prelim action for an extra €7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That_Guy wrote: »

Prelims are free if you have fight pass, otherwise you pay for once off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

dulux99 wrote: »
    I like Bas but he's absolutely not the man to take over from Joe. Brian Stann is the UFC's best commentator, and his partnership with Jon Anik is much better than Rogan and Goldberg. And I'm a huge Rogan fan.

anyone else think goldberg always sounds like video game commentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mellor wrote: »
    Prelims are free if you have fight pass, otherwise you pay for once off

Oh yeah I understand that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Just for anyone who's interested Joe Rogan has tweeted that he'll be doing stand up at the KA Theatre, MGM Grand on July 10th the night before the fight. Tickets go on sale later today

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Joe-Rogan-tickets/artist/705292

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

If anyone isn't planning on hitting the Invicta show, i'd recommend going to see Joe Rogan. Went to see him before UFC 93 and he was hilarious!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If anyone isn't planning on hitting the Invicta show, i'd recommend going to see Joe Rogan. Went to see him before UFC 93 and he was hilarious!

Yeah hes a really funny guy and a great comedian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Depp wrote: »
    Yeah hes a really funny guy and a great comedian

Would either of those not imply the other:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I was going to be at Drop Kick Murphys which is also down for the night before I believe, decisions decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

That'll be hilarious if the small arena staging Invicta is swamped with hundreds of Irish fans on the lash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

That_Guy wrote: »

They also do a deal for 6 months of fightpass half price plus the PPV in a bundle for €38. It's a decent deal if you already subscribe to fightpass, you would have paid €48 just for those six months. And Ireland of all countries has to be up there in value for money with fightpass considering everything is live on other than numbered main cards.

I think I'll go this route as I don't have BTSport. Not chancing my arm with a stream for this fight!

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Would either of those not imply the other:P

slightly off topic but its possible to be an absolute riot but be a poor comedian but that statement was worded poorly ill concede

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

They also do a deal for 6 months of fightpass half price plus the PPV in a bundle for €38. It's a decent deal if you already subscribe to fightpass, you would have paid €48 just for those six months. And Ireland of all countries has to be up there in value for money with fightpass considering everything is live on other than numbered main cards.

I think I'll go this route as I don't have BTSport. Not chancing my arm with a stream for this fight!

Me too. Imagine missing it due to a dodgy stream!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

does fightpass get the full 189 card?

No, it'll be a once off fee.

Just the prelims. Main card is PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Any Irish channels make any attempt to show this live, I guessing 3e will show it Monday night which is pointless.spoilers be everywhere for this straight after the fight.oh I miss the days of not having to worry bout spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

So is there anyway i can find out about any events if any at all where conor wi be in vegas during 22nd june to 29th?

Ill be there during them days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any Irish channels make any attempt to show this live, I guessing 3e will show it Monday night which is pointless.spoilers be everywhere for this straight after the fight.oh I miss the days of not having to worry bout spoilers.

There definitely won't be any Irish channels showing it. Why not just pay the 20 quid either for the online ppv or just get bt sport for the month?

• Advertisement

There definitely won't be any Irish channels showing it. Why not just pay the 20 quid either for the online ppv or just get bt sport for the month?

BT for just a month?

Think imma go for the online ppv with the 6 month fight pass sub, brilliant deal and im not taking any risks about missing this card

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

dave1982 wrote: »

You'd be surprised how well these rate, tbh. It's mainly the casual audience that isn't going to stay up til 5am to watch it and don't bother their arses with it. Then, you've those who a bit more die hard who will tune in to watch it again because it's on and was a good card. If it was pointless, they'd not have it on air.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just looking at the rankings and wondering is this the first time McGregor has fought a top 3 or top 5 fighter?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Just looking at the rankings and wondering is this the first time McGregor has fought a top 3 or top 5 fighter?

Poirier was number five contender.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

CatFromHue wrote: »

He has had a very easy run to the title shot! Really its been more about his mouth, like a smaller, less original sonnon, this will be a very one sided beat down by aldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

gallag wrote: »
    He has had a very easy run to the title shot! Really its been more about his mouth, like a smaller, less original sonnon, this will be a very one sided beat down by aldo.

Did you feel as strongly about Korean Zombies run to his title shot? Or Kenny Florians? Or Frankie Edgar after coming off two losses? Or would you have preferred to see Aldo have a string of rematches instead, considering he's already beaten everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Well said
    Lesnar got a shot after a loss to Mir and a mauling of Heath herring
    Dana gives you a shot if
    A) you can talk and sell the pay per view
    B) you put on exiting fights
    C) build up interest in people to see you get beaten
    D) if you can knock people the **** out...
    E) have the X factor that gets people talking about your weight class
    F) you bring something new to the table

Tell me which of these Conor has not done???
    Where was 145 before McGregor?? Mid card status.. Now where is it?? In the fastest selling UFC event ever main event?? Who's brought that about?? Conor McGregor

No doubt all us people who lived UFC before Conor was in there knew Aldo etc but few of us cared... Now look at it..

So yes Aldo might beat Conor, but Conor could take his head off too

The joy will bee in seeing the outcome of it[/QUOTE]

He has had a very easy run to the title shot! Really its been more about his mouth,
    An easy run compared to who, at 145?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Did you feel as strongly about Korean Zombies run to his title shot? Or Kenny Florians? Or Frankie Edgar after coming off two losses? Or would you have preferred to see Aldo have a string of rematches instead, considering he's already beaten everyone else.

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement