Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

If RTÉ/Fair City got their act together and either put it on the Player or the Saorview RTE+1 service then it wouldn't be as much of a problem what time they broadcast at.
    It seems like a year ago since they announced they had the RTE Player fiasco sorted and still no sign on it on the Player. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    I think I'm beginning to have a bit of a thing for Séan. :D

Totally! He's sweet...and hot! I'm 26....!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Leo - so bad, he's good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

LOL yes leo was gas, as always. do love a good leo scene... hands and all haha

sean and dearbhla are cute :)
    loved neasa's face when she spotted dearbhla being all loved up

sean must be 21ish ? no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Charlie Kelly should get down to the Hungry Pig. He was always on to Carol about not doing anything regarding her mayoral duties; but since Bob got the chain he has hardly been seen and not a word from Charlie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Bryan Murray aka Bob Charles will be presenting Late Date on RTE radio 1 tomorrow night at 11 30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Really wish they would get rid of Caoimhe. She is a bad actress. So annoying. If she's trying to be the new bitch. Maybe she should look at Ciara o Callaghan (Yvonne) and see how it should be done.
    I have added her to the bishops in the list of characters whose scenes I fast forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eradicate wrote: »
    Really wish they would get rid of Caoimhe. She is a bad actress. So annoying. If she's trying to be the new bitch. Maybe she should look at Ciara o Callaghan (Yvonne) and see how it should be done.
    I have added her to the bishops in the list of characters whose scenes I fast forward.

Where at the Bishops hiding I expected to see Decco around now Caoimhe is back from her holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i am delighted that leo didnt fall into orla's trap.... she is unbelievable isnt she and so obvious.....

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Leo is a FC Legend.

However he didn't look well at all last night in McCoys. I know we all age with the passing years but he looked like he lost alot ofweight around his face.? I hope its just me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Anyone else think the wan who had her 'first time' with Christy's little friend, is now preggers?

Adds to the whole thing methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭halkar

aramush wrote: »
    Anyone else think the wan who had her 'first time' with Christy's little friend, is now preggers?

Yes she will, that's why they have teens in soaps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

halkar wrote: »
    Yes she will, that's why they have teens in soaps :D

Not to mention the record-breaking fertility rates in Carrigstown. If you lean against the wall in McCoys you might as well give up and order the playpen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Jim Bartley (Bela) on Shenanigans with Sile on Newstalk:

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/shenanigans-with-sile/podcasts/

Typical soap fodder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

She'd have to go with Decco or someone first. They can't have a soap pregnancy without some doubt as to who the father is.

yes i suppose that will prob happen...a bit predictable though...she can blame it on her parents marital problems and the pressure of the leaving?????....usual excuses. would be disappointing if the fair city people hadnt got a bit more of an imagination though...i was just expecting the old....girl more intelligent than boyfriend ....girl goes to uni...boy works in SPAR...get the advertising in they paid enough... she gets delusions of grandur and thinks hes thick...he feels intimidated.... she has posh rich friends...they break up...senario!!!!

iceblue wrote: »
    yes i suppose that will prob happen...a bit predictable though...she can blame it on her parents marital problems and the pressure of the leaving?????....usual excuses. would be disappointing if the fair city people hadnt got a bit more of an imagination though...i was just expecting the old....girl more intelligent than boyfriend ....girl goes to uni...boy works in SPAR...get the advertising in they paid enough... she gets delusions of grandur and thinks hes thick...he feels intimidated.... she has posh rich friends...they break up...senario!!!!

You're hired! When can you start as a writer for Fair City!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Leo looks like he's dancing when he talks.. just needs a top hat and a cane..

leo_1.jpg

Look at those JAZZ HANDS...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Why is everyone making such a big deal about Neasa moving out? She's moving around the corner not the Outer Mongolia! It's not like her family aren't going to run into her everyday anyway :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

maybe cause the last time she moved out was to be with that bloke in a wheelchair around this time last year and he got 'tragically' killed when a mirror fell and cut his throat??????....

is the other sister whose name i cant spell... ( the receptionist), a bit of a psycho jealous sister like the girl in the brady bunch film years ago....i cant make her out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Looks like over the last few episodes that the Fair City production team are trying to soften the character of Caoimhe and portray her as less than a one dimensional vacuous, whiney, scowling airhead wind bag with no empathy for anything unless it revolves around her own whims..............alas it's not working, that scowling face just can't be concealed it seems.

The scenes with Caoimhe showing her ''nice side'' in the apartment tonight when she was reminising with Neasa were just not believable, the actor playing Caoimhe couldn't show a genuine empathy (ie acting ability) to pull it off....the scowl was always there. :mad::mad:

Caoimhe as a character just doesn't work for me at all..too annoying...but maybe that's why they keep her, maybe her value is as a character that we all (well most of us, with a couple of exceptions it seems) love to hate. It must be that, as it can't be for acting ability which even by soap standards is very poor...there are girls out there though that act just like Caoimhe, the product of the 'X Factor' reality tv fame for 30 seconds culture...there's a lot of them around in ''real life''..so maybe the character is reflecting that....I don't want to see the Caoimhe's of this world on the street or on the TV though, so maybe i'm biased, but that's how I feel.

Maybe the actor playing Caoimhe isn't acting at all...and she's like that in real life :eek::eek: now that's a scary thought! maybe she's totally the opposite and is a lovely person in real life (i'm sure she probably is, no reason to suggest otherwise in fairness)...but sure as they say ''once you're working''....rant over. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

What happened tonight??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Leo is a FC Legend.

However he didn't look well at all last night in McCoys. I know we all age with the passing years but he looked like he lost alot ofweight around his face.? I hope its just me...

I have noticed that too, he has seemed to have lost a lot of weight and it doesn't suit him, he doesn't look very well :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

angel01 wrote: »
    In my opinion, most taxi drivers are aggressive idiots (excluding Tommy)

Sorry - Just catching up on this thread a bit.

I didn't hear the Liveline show - but I guarantee you that Tommy O'Neill most definately IS a very aggressive individual so I wouldn't exclude him at all....and that's something I briefly referred to on the old Fair City thread over a year and a half ago because of a recent incident at the time!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64879735

in sundays episode ....jo was in the flat cleaning it, judith threw a wobbler, nessa was in another room and somehow didnt hear anything?....bit of an SOR...as they say on digital spy....

who is tommy o neill? and what was that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

in sundays episode ....jo was in the flat cleaning it, judith threw a wobbler, nessa was in another room and somehow didnt hear anything?....bit of an SOR...as they say on digital spy....
    Yeah, Nessa's gorgeous and everything but obviously totally deaf. :pac:
    Tommy O'Neill plays Detective Deegan on Fair City (although he may now be a regular guard) and he drives a taxi when he's not on the show. Apparently someone had a beef with him or something and rang into Liveline about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Tommy O'Neill = Deegan!

I have listened to the podcast since

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2011/pc/pod-v-14111115m37slivelinetaxi-pid0-937080.mp3

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

angel01 wrote: »
    I have noticed that too, he has seemed to have lost a lot of weight and it doesn't suit him, he doesn't look very well :(:(

I always picture Leo as the 40 something playboy with a kind heart and the glint in his eye...:)

I hated the Lana story and felt so sorry for him. But he's come out the other side now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement