Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi External Hard Drive 500gb USB3.0 35euro

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

There were still two in Aldi Roscommon today at about 2.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

paddyp wrote: »
    There were still two in Aldi Roscommon today at about 2.30pm

damn knew i should of went to that one

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Good few left in Claremorris this evening.

Just one question, what's the blue interface called. Want to see if I can get it with a mini usb correction.

Thanks for the bargain op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

None in either Carlow Aldi, gutted, oh well nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

LFC Murphy wrote: »

Just one question, what's the blue interface called. Want to see if I can get it with a mini usb correction.

I called there at 6.30pm and there were none left. Asked a staff member & she said only the 1000gb ones were left @ €69.00.:(

• Advertisement

Normal usb b connector will fit but not sure what you mean about a mini usb connection you cant have usb b to mini usb b

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

There are a few left in Tullamore.

Another one added to the collection, now i can back up my back up of my backup.:eek:

This is the connection I was on about. What's its name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

none of the 500gbs left in celbridge and the maynooth one was not open. despite a big fking sign saying business as usual, you had to literally get up to the front door and then a painter said " come back 2moro"

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

I called there at 6.30pm and there were none left. Asked a staff member & she said only the 1000gb ones were left @ €69.00.:(

69€ for a terrabyte, if it's 2.5 inch usb powered, isn't half bad in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

VINNIEB wrote: »
    There are a few left in Tullamore.

Where abouts in the shop are they? I'm over in Tullamore tomorrow

Pyridine wrote: »
    69€ for a terrabyte, if it's 2.5 inch usb powered, isn't half bad in fairness.
    I agree with you !!! What had me chasing the 500gb one was that it was to go with the Ferguson Ariva 120 Combo box I have on the way from Poland. It can accommodate 750gb max usb pvr, so the 500gb ones were a steal for 35 yoyos and would have done the job fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Where abouts in the shop are they? I'm over in Tullamore tomorrow

They are in a glass case near the last checkout

This is the connection I was on about. What's its name

Its usb 3 b type connector or usb superspeed b type connector. But as I said the standard old USB B connector will fit as the usb 3.0 connector is the same with a bit stuck on the side.

http://www.eetimes.com/design/communications-design/4201115/SuperSpeed-USB-USB-3-0--More-than-just-a-speed-increase-item-1

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

2 left in aldi in Wexford yesterday, the one past the Talbot hotel, got one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Who actually manufactures the internal Hard Drive? Just curious.

Right-click drive under Explorer/Properties/hardware (Windows XP), should be roughly the same with Vista and Windows 7.

Its usb 3 b type connector or usb superspeed b type connector. But as I said the standard old USB B connector will fit as the usb 3.0 connector is the same with a bit stuck on the side.

http://www.eetimes.com/design/communications-design/4201115/SuperSpeed-USB-USB-3-0--More-than-just-a-speed-increase-item-1

Thanks...

Amalgam wrote: »
    Who actually manufactures the internal Hard Drive? Just curious.

Right-click drive under Explorer/Properties/hardware (Windows XP), should be roughly the same with Vista and Windows 7.

Gparted tells me its this seagate drive

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=04d26c9cf9c2d110VgnVCM100000f5ee0a0aRCRD#tTabContentSpecifications

Other people seem to have got hitachi drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

None left in Tullamore... Checked this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 64,965 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Other people seem to have got hitachi drives.

I wouldn't be too happy with a Hitachi drive. I've seen ones fail several times in recent years...

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too happy with a Hitachi drive. I've seen ones fail several times in recent years...

I haven't seen them fail at a higher rate than any other drive, since the early deskstar drives post IBM. I've replaced lots of maxtors, seagates, hitachis not so many samsungs mostly laptop drives. The high temperatures in laptops especially desktop replacements pretty much guarantee a shortened life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

unkel wrote: »

You used to see them fail because there were so many of them out there. For a while they had the OEM market to themselves.

theres 7 left in Castlebar :eek:
    heres a pic just to show u im not lying

theres 7 left in Castlebar :eek:
    heres a pic just to show u im not lying

Thanks for that. Got 1 this morning. There are now 4 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

1 still left by checkout display in Navan store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

NEW WAVE wrote: »
    1 still left by checkout display in Navan store.

and 4 left in Kells co. meath

Advertisement