Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomega Factory Outlet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Whoever started this thread should be killed.....:mad:

I purchased a screenplay director and it wont play any of my files, even basic .avi's - files that play on my ps3.

Customer Service are the worst shower of c**ts I have ever come across. Technical Support say they will send me an RMA, then dont, then tell me to talk to sales, who tell me to talk to technical support. I have had 7 'chats' with them, each explaining the problems, but nothing is done.

I'm tearing my hair out here.....anyone got anything to help me with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

with?

Thats a bit harsh... i got 2 of them and both working perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭foggers

I purchased a screenplay director and it wont play any of my files, even basic .avi's - files that play on my ps3.

Customer Service are the worst shower of c**ts I have ever come across. Technical Support say they will send me an RMA, then dont, then tell me to talk to sales, who tell me to talk to technical support. I have had 7 'chats' with them, each explaining the problems, but nothing is done.

I know this is an old thread but I was waiting to see how my orders would pan out. I ordered 5 at the time and 3 of the ex hdds were faulty. One of the other ones even had someone else's data on it still!!!! Proves their quality control or fault checking doesn't even include a quick format!!! Anyways, went though the complete nightmare of trying to figure out how to send them back. Oh my god......What a rigmarole. Anyways. got them sent back and got my return eventually but they sent me back 2 and said that I didn't get the third one because it was out of warranty. What a joke. I bought them all at the same time. Eventually was able to contact tyhem and again (another nightmare) and got them to acknowlege that they were in the wrong and once I emailed them the pdf invoice, I would get the third drive back. Next nightmare, they don't email you a pdf invoice when you buy and there is no way of generating it from your order history. They wouldn't accept me forwarding on the emialed txt invoice as it could have been modified to suit my needs. Got my final reply this morning saying that they would not be refunding or replacing the third drive. This company are a complete joke and should be avoided at all costs, no matter the price of the items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Small Claims Court ??

pissed wrote: »
    Small Claims Court ??

thanks but I couldn't be ar5ed at this point. I'm after wasting too much of my life on these cowboys......I know they win but hopefully people will read this and learn from my sh1tty experience with iomega. If they don't more fool them!!!

• Advertisement

Just to give you help out....... I ahd all the same as above only worse and you may find yourself heading down my direction which ain't a good road but.....

To send my cr4p back, I had to, and wait for it........

Register as a reseller even though I'm just a normal punter and generate my rma through that, this took weeks of to-ing and fro-ing to get to this point.

You can register at http://www.ioclub.net/Modules/Logon/Default.aspx

you can generate the RMA in there. To be fair and this is the only good point about the whole process, once you create the RMA, you get a shipping label to print that has free shipping.

What you might/will find is that if the item is out of warranty, even though it wasn't when you origianlly contacted them, they will want, as I've stated in another post, a pdf copy of the invoice, which 'THE DON'T ACTUALLY GIVE YOU AND DO NOT PROVIDE ANY MEANS OF GENERATING ONE'.

Classic.

You should also use the serial number checker on their site to check if your yoke is out of warranty, if it's not, the RMA thing should work ok and takes a few weeks to get it back, if not, you're in for PAIN.

Also...

MAKE SURE NOT TO send them the power cables, comms cabels etc, just the device and they state that they will only send you back the device itself, not the accessories!!!!!!

Good luck, you'll need it my man.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Quick question.

Thinking about getting the screenplay director.

Right well which company sell them ?

Or do you have to contact each one I thought you are buying from iomega themselves

http://go.iomega.com/en/info/where-to-buy-ie/?partner=4725#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Sounds like people having difficulty returning faulty goods

Would it not be better to buy this in a Bricks and Mortar shop like Harvey Norman - then at least you can bring it back to the shop if it packs up after a week

I might even wait for this - http://iomega.com/iomegatv-media-center/

Advertisement