Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quest bars

• 04-05-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Just to let people know that super value are now selling quest bars. Yipee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

How much are they going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

vigos wrote: »
    How much are they going for?

€2.79 each

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

noah45 wrote: »
    €2.79 each
    Pretty good.

They're 3.30 in my local ''Fresh'' store, but that's not surprising since they're a rip off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Pretty good.

They're 3.30 in my local ''Fresh'' store, but that's not surprising since they're a rip off anyway.

2.79 individually is not bad considering the lowest you would get a box of the new flavours for would be 30EUR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Great news, I was in the Spar on Jervis Street and they recently put the price up to €3.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

4c6b70b3ac697e3ac3f5f9fa76c3cb610731d67d9a87602ebfb35971fdda8959.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

4c6b70b3ac697e3ac3f5f9fa76c3cb610731d67d9a87602ebfb35971fdda8959.jpg

Yeah, he was like "tree fiddy"

I said "yo not getting my tree fiddy" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Andy_Dublin

Cheapest place I can find at the moment is http://www.proteinsdepot.ie/quest-nutrition-questbars-12x60g.html €23.74 a box S'Mores included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Why did I not see this thread? I just paid 34.50 for 12 including a 10% discount :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

White choc raspberry = amazing

• Advertisement

I find the s'mores very sweet. I can't seem to find the white chocolate and raspberry yet would love to try.
    At the moment I am totally addicted to the cookie dough ones.
    An expensive addiction unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Which Supervalu have them? I went to my local one in ballincollig today all excited and couldn't find them. When I asked girl said if they had them they'd be beside the chocolate bars so I should just check there...didn't bother :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

koriko wrote: »
    Which Supervalu have them? I went to my local one in ballincollig today all excited and couldn't find them. When I asked girl said if they had them they'd be beside the chocolate bars so I should just check there...didn't bother :-)

What are quest bars?

Koriko they have them in Supervalue in Athlone. However I was in Dublin yesterday and tried 2 Supervalues and was disappointed to find that they didn't stock them.

Dtp1979 Quest bars are low carb high protein bars that taste absolutely delicious but cost a bomb.
    I eat them due to their low carb content, bodybuilders and sports people eat them for their protein content.

noah45 wrote: »
    Koriko they have them in Supervalue in Athlone. However I was in Dublin yesterday and tried 2 Supervalues and was disappointed to find that they didn't stock them.

Dtp1979 Quest bars are low carb high protein bars that taste absolutely delicious but cost a bomb.
    I eat them due to their low carb content, bodybuilders and sports people eat them for their protein content.
    Probably just aswel my local doesn't have them- will stick to the healthier options for protein- Quest bars are just cheating- too expensive to be eating all the time aswel.
    Have u tried making brownies with whey protein...almost as nice :-)

Might give that a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Student Teacher 14

Discount supplements - 2 for a 5er. 😊

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

My gym has started selling these, don't know how much but I got one with a large coffee this morning and it was 4.50 in total. That's good going I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Anyone know anywhere in City Centre (D1) north of the Liffey that sells these?

cson wrote: »

There is a supplement shop in the Jervis centre opposit TK max that has them- nice guy running the place & it's not xpensive. He had loads of flavours the day I was in but the cookie one was what I got, my fav!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

cson wrote: »
    Fitness Ireland beside the Jameson Distillery in Smithfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Just seems like such a rip to me, for what is after all a highly processed bar of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Just seems like such a rip to me, for what is after all a highly processed bar of stuff.

OK so i assume you have looked at ingredient list.. what's wrong with it?

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    OK so i assume you have looked at ingredient list.. what's wrong with it?

Yes. In my average person opinion, they're highly processed, high in salt, high in sucralose and highly expensive.

3 quid for 20 grams protein is a lot. And they're just not as 'healthy' as many, many people portray them. Not a Lion bar fair enough.

And I'm not interested in an Internet bun fight. It's just what I think! I'll buy most shìte. But I won't buy that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Yes. In my average person opinion, they're highly processed, high in salt, high in sucralose and highly expensive.

3 quid for 20 grams protein is a lot. And they're just not as 'healthy' as many, many people portray them. Not a Lion bar fair enough.

And I'm not interested in an Internet bun fight. It's just what I think! I'll buy most shìte. But I won't buy that.
    then dont internet if you're going to express an opinion when that opinion is clearly contentious

you want the proper low down on salt then read this - http://chriskresser.com/specialreports/salt/

everything else in the bar is pretty solid and calling e.g. whey isolate highly processed is like calling milk processed as its simply from the latter product

i will however leave this here -

https://instagram.com/p/2fvWMmDemd/?taken-by=dominicmunnelly

It's more the process of adding sucralose and 'natural' flavours. And the processes inherent in the creation of these.

But mainly it's the price. And the love they get by people who would guffaw at someone eating similar stuff.

Where do I get your coconut ball recipes, if you'd be so kind? I'm getting into baking my own snacks the past few months. Cheaper and just more satisfying

; )

It's more the process of adding sucralose and 'natural' flavours. And the processes inherent in the creation of these.

But mainly it's the price. And the love they get by people who would guffaw at someone eating similar stuff.

Where do I get your coconut ball recipes, if you'd be so kind? I'm getting into baking my own snacks the past few months. Cheaper and just more satisfying

; )
    I actually agree in theory with what u say, especially regarding the addition of sucralose. That's why they are and should only be eaten as a treat. Everything in moderation as they say. It's much healthier and cheaper to make your own healthy treats and throw in some (whey) protein- chocolate flavour is my favourite.
    Nobody in good shape and health eats Quest bars frequently!
    If u want some healthy baking ideas and ur on FB give 'Jenny's munch' a like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Im in agreement that your own made are a better option and far cheaper but for most people they should just function as emergency food. Oh and any of the 'treats' like this are not FREE food i.e. contain zero calories (as pointed out in the image i posted.

Re recipe for my nut balls - posted a quick insta vid on it here - https://instagram.com/p/zPKOm_jeo6/?taken-by=dominicmunnelly

The above is really just a rolled version of this, which i posted 4yrs ago, cant believe it was that long -

flapjack one here - https://instagram.com/p/0HuVmbDemM/?taken-by=dominicmunnelly

Thanks muchly. Will try them ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

the ilac place sells them for 2e at the counter if they are about to reach their use by date

nom nom faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love nakd bars, less protein of course but delicious and essentially jsut dates and nuts and such.
    Transform wrote: »
    Im in agreement that your own made are a better option and far cheaper but for most people they should just function as emergency food. Oh and any of the 'treats' like this are not FREE food i.e. contain zero calories (as pointed out in the image i posted.

Re recipe for my nut balls - posted a quick insta vid on it here - https://instagram.com/p/zPKOm_jeo6/?taken-by=dominicmunnelly

The above is really just a rolled version of this, which i posted 4yrs ago, cant believe it was that long -

flapjack one here - https://instagram.com/p/0HuVmbDemM/?taken-by=dominicmunnelly
    I make something very similar to the balls, just cacao powder instead of chocolate and peanut butter. Few less ingredients that the original in your link.
    http://nimblenutrition.com/2015/04/24/chocolate-peanut-bites/
    Amazing things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

just had my first ever protein bar also it was Quest. really liked it, defo gonna buy more, gonna use them as a treat really, had a weights workout earlier so just getting in some more protein.

they are 2.50 ea in centra, have seen them popping up in other stores too and not just Quest but also other brands

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Had a few last week. Thought they were very tasty and tasted similar to the homemade ones i used to make.

2.50 each in the local gym so good value.

Advertisement