Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football All Stars 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    O'Shea was phenomenal in the Cork game and Kerry games. Deserves one at number 11 IMO.

Jesus wept..!!!
    we might as well give one to James Horan at wing forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ronie32

1. Durcan
    2. Higgins
    3. McGee
    4. O'Se/McGlynn
    5. ???
    6. Crowley
    7. Boyle
    8. Moran
    9. McNiallis
    10. Flynn
    11. Connolly/O'Shea
    12. Mchugh
    13. Donoghue
    14. Murphy
    15. O'Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    You could make the argument for Shane Walsh I'm sure, but McHugh has played consistently well on a winning team throughout the Championship.

Shane Walsh was probably the YPOTY up to the quarter-final stage (think he was even the leading scorer in the championship up to that point) but rightly or wrongly you have little chance of any of these awards or even an All-Star unless your team gets to the semi-finals at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Ronie32 wrote: »
    1. Durcan
    2. Higgins
    3. McGee
    4. O'Se/McGlynn
    5. ???
    6. Crowley
    7. Boyle
    8. Moran
    9. McNiallis
    10. Flynn
    11. Connolly/O'Shea
    12. Mchugh
    13. Donoghue
    14. Murphy
    15. O'Connor

I'd have McGlynn in there before Ó Sé.

Rightly it's a flip of a coin for Connolly and O'Shea.

Completely agree elsewhere.

Especially ??? at 5. Magnificent all year. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I'd be very, very surprised if O Shea gets one ahead of Connolly as he had a mediocre year and played completely in fits and starts

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Rightly it's a flip of a coin for Connolly and O'Shea.

I love to hate Connolly but I think he had a great championship. Would definitely get my nod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

You know, as ridiculous as it might sound, you mightn't be far wrong - we did indeed feature heavily on sky and it would be entirely in keeping with some of the decision making criteria for the All Stars that the judges having paid their sky subscription or not, might indeed be a factor.

Seriously man - let it go - why don't you just enjoy your success rather than being swallowed up by the bitter memories of the noughties?
    Lol-you re so predicatable. But seriously, thats some ego you ve got there. Somebody is obsessed with the noughties but its not me. I presume youre referring to a great Armagh team beating a mediocre Donegal team a few times-so what? You were miles better than us.
    All Im saying is if I was from Armagh Id be embaressed by this photo
    00095810-642.jpg

And I'm sure you saw Forker at HT heading into the tunnel as well? Absolutely disgraceful antics especially after what had gone before.

McGlynn/O'Se I'll decide after the final but at the minute McGlynn gets the nod.
    Connolly/O'Shea, O'Shea was unbelievable in the first kerry game but Connolly been outstanding all year including club championship.
    As for ???, few in with a shout, but I'll make a wild call and go with Dessie Mone.

That is wild. I was away in Canada for the earlier part of the championship so the only game I saw involving Monaghan was the second half of the Ulster Final. I couldn't really say to be honest. I don't think he'll get it mind.

• Advertisement

That is wild. I was away in Canada for the earlier part of the championship so the only game I saw involving Monaghan was the second half of the Ulster Final. I couldn't really say to be honest. I don't think he'll get it mind.
    There's always at least one from outside the semi finalists, that's my shout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Neil Gallagher has been outstanding at midfield by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Paul Murphy for Kerry has been outstanding, and should be in the running for YPOTY if they win. Won't win it, as he's not an attacking player, but honestly couldn't have asked for more from this guy.

Shane Walsh/ McHugh is the "sexier" choice.

In terms of All Stars, Aidan O'Mahoney, Murphy, Crowley, Fionn Fitz, Moran, Donnacha Walsh and James O'Donaghue have been All Star worthy in Kerry. If they win, most of those lads should get one (won't get the 3 halfbacks obviously). If they lose, Crowley, Moran and O'Donaghue might be the lot!

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Paul Murphy for Kerry has been outstanding, and should be in the running for YPOTY if they win. Won't win it, as he's not an attacking player, but honestly couldn't have asked for more from this guy.

Shane Walsh/ McHugh is the "sexier" choice.

In terms of All Stars, Aidan O'Mahoney, Murphy, Crowley, Fionn Fitz, Moran, Donnacha Walsh and James O'Donaghue have been All Star worthy in Kerry. If they win, most of those lads should get one (won't get the 3 halfbacks obviously). If they lose, Crowley, Moran and O'Donaghue might be the lot!

Agree with you that Donnacha Walsh has had a good year, very consistent player. But, could you really put him ahead of Paul Flynn, Diarmuid Connolly and Ryan McHugh. At the moment I can's see it but if he has a good final (which he is well capable of in a high work rate game against Donegal) that all might change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Shane Walsh is a fantastic prospect. But his performances this year should have him nowhere near an all star.

I'd have Crowley ahead of Boyle at number 6. Crowley has been outstanding for Kerry in some of their matches. I'm not sure Boyle is better at 6 than at 5/7. He is a top player but better on the wing. I suppose you could pick both on the all star team and put one on the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

harpsman wrote: »
    Somebody is obsessed with the noughties but its not me.

The reason I'm pulling you up about it is that you and I crossed swords on this before - this was what you said way back in early 2012 when Donegal and Armagh hadn't met in anything meaningful in ages.
    Are Armagh the biggest shower of whinging bullies in gaelic football. Remember a few years ago when Kerry gave McGeeney bit of his own medicine they were cryin like babies too.

Now what was that outburst based on, given we weren't playing against each other at that time?!? :rolleyes:
    I presume youre referring to a great Armagh team beating a mediocre Donegal team a few times-so what?

So get over it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Paul Murphy for Kerry has been outstanding, and should be in the running for YPOTY if they win. Won't win it, as he's not an attacking player, but honestly couldn't have asked for more from this guy

Paul Murphy is overage for the YPOTY ;)

Just thinking about the possibility of Kerry All-Stars and the fact that the Clare game wasn't televised and how things might be slightly different if it was.

The two favourites for All-Stars for Kerry at the moment Moran who started was taken off after twenty minutes - it was blatant that he wasn't even remotely fit and JOD the favourite for POTY didn't even feature as he was injured.

Paul Geaney, Kelly and Murphy all had 3 massive games and O'Brien looked seriously decent as well. When you consider that all 4 were starting their first championship match it was a clear sign of where Kerry were at and it's no surprise that there was a lot of "transition" talk about. Aidan made a big difference in terms of steadying the ship when he replaced Moran. Basically these 5 were the top 5 Kerry performers that day imo - these were the lads who did the heavy lifting in terms of the actual winning of the game imo - 4 lads starting their first championship game and a lad who a fair few were writing him off as too old and past it coming off the bench.

Sheehan had a decent performance but while his 4 points were the 2nd highest score by a player that day, they didnt really feel like match-winning points in terms of the period of the match and circumstances they were scored in. The 3 lads in the half-back category of Fionn, Young and Crowley along with Enright turned in solid performaces but none of them were in the category of being the match-winners. Declan didnt look fit and had a solidish contribution without doing anything special and was a fair bit below what he's capable of at his best especially when you compare his impact in the next Cork game (looking back it's clear that Fitzmaurice and the lads already had half an idea of his role in the Cork game as Declan spent a serious chunk lot of the time playing very deep) All of these 6 were in the category of decent performances but there's no way anyone at the match was thinking that there was a remote possibility of any of these 5 having any sort of a chance of being even nominated for All-Stars.

Maher struggled at midfield before his sending-off and Mikey Geaney looked like a guy who was likely never to don the green-and-gold again. Marc looked in serious bother and while Darran lasted until half-time he was another who wasnt fit. The other subs of BJK, Lyne and Kilkenny did very little in the garbage minutes they picked up and gave no sign of how much they along with Kieran O'Leary would go on to contribute later on in the 2 Mayo games - KOL and BJK in the first game and Lyne and Kilkenny in the 2nd.

D Walsh didnt start and didnt look fit when he did come on - his contributions was way below normal (in a way I think this below-normal-performance by him really showed the impact of just how much what he does in terms of the unglamourous work he does usually contributes is missed and also how difficult it is to replace in the team )and Donaghy looked like he was completely finished in his 5 minute cameo - his touch looked horrific and he fumbled the ball three times under very little pressure when he came on at the end and the game had pretty much petered out.

Just some thoughts on the impact of games being on television and how it relates to the whole area of the All-Stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Just thinking about the possibility of Kerry All-Stars and the fact that the Clare game wasn't televised and how things might be slightly different if it was.

The two favourites for All-Stars for Kerry at the moment Moran who started was taken off after twenty minutes - it was blatant that he wasn't even remotely fit and JOD the favourite for POTY didn't even feature as he was injured.

Paul Geaney, Kelly and Murphy all had 3 massive games and O'Brien looked seriously decent as well. When you consider that all 4 were starting their first championship match it was a clear sign of where Kerry were at and it's no surprise that there was a lot of "transition" talk about. Aidan made a big difference in terms of steadying the ship when he replaced Moran. Basically these 5 were the top 5 Kerry performers that day imo - these were the lads who did the heavy lifting in terms of the actual winning of the game imo - 4 lads starting their first championship game and a lad who a fair few were writing him off as too old and past it coming off the bench.

Sheehan had a decent performance but while his 4 points were the 2nd highest score by a player that day, they didnt really feel like match-winning points in terms of the period of the match and circumstances they were scored in. The 3 lads in the half-back category of Fionn, Young and Crowley along with Enright turned in solid performaces but none of them were in the category of being the match-winners. Declan didnt look fit and had a solidish contribution without doing anything special and was a fair bit below what he's capable of at his best especially when you compare his impact in the next Cork game (looking back it's clear that Fitzmaurice and the lads already had half an idea of his role in the Cork game as Declan spent a serious chunk lot of the time playing very deep) All of these 6 were in the category of decent performances but there's no way anyone at the match was thinking that there was a remote possibility of any of these 5 having any sort of a chance of being even nominated for All-Stars.

Maher struggled at midfield before his sending-off and Mikey Geaney looked like a guy who was likely never to don the green-and-gold again. Marc looked in serious bother and while Darran lasted until half-time he was another who wasnt fit. The other subs of BJK, Lyne and Kilkenny did very little in the garbage minutes they picked up and gave no sign of how much they along with Kieran O'Leary would go on to contribute later on in the 2 Mayo games - KOL and BJK in the first game and Lyne and Kilkenny in the 2nd.

D Walsh didnt start and didnt look fit when he did come on - his contributions was way below normal (in a way I think this below-normal-performance by him really showed the impact of just how much what he does in terms of the unglamourous work he does usually contributes is missed and also how difficult it is to replace in the team )and Donaghy looked like he was completely finished in his 5 minute cameo - his touch looked horrific and he fumbled the ball three times under very little pressure when he came on at the end and the game had pretty much petered out.

Just some thoughts on the impact of games being on television and how it relates to the whole area of the All-Stars.

You may have a general point on TV coverage but Kerry v Clare (or any of the weaker counties in Munster) has rarely been judging ground for All Stars apart from Clare's brief surge in the 90s and Limerick's flirtation with the top level from 2003 to 2005.

• Advertisement

Paul Murphy is overage for the YPOTY ;)
    Well there you go, I thought it was players 23 and under? Must be u-23?

He's not even being looked at as an All Star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

Realistically 8 - 12 all stars will come from the two finalists based on how they have panned out previously. That being the case there will probably be 1 or 2 players who didn't make the semi finals and the balance from Mayo and Dublin. From my perspective the only Dublin players who have a chance of making the team are Connolly and Flynn, and maybe Philly. Its unlikely that two of the three half forward berths will go to Dublin so I wouldn't be surprised if only one of them gets the nod. Hence if Dublin are to get a second player on the team, Philly would get my nod.

As for POTY it probably depends on the result in the final. A Kerry win will almost certainly result in O'Donoghue getting the nod. A Donegal win might complicate things in that McHugh, Gallagher and Murphy might split the vote. If one of those has a stormer in the final he'll probably get the nod. Based on performances to date, particularly the quarter and semi finals I'd vote for Murphy. He was the best player on the pitch against Armagh, and excellent again against Dublin.

The reason I'm pulling you up about it is that you and I crossed swords on this before - this was what you said way back in early 2012 when Donegal and Armagh hadn't met in anything meaningful in ages.

Now what was that outburst based on, given we weren't playing against each other at that time?!? :rolleyes:

So get over it. ;)
    Good man,lets just move on and talk about the all stars, you re as bad as Oisin McConville:eek:

You may have a general point on TV coverage but Kerry v Clare (or any of the weaker counties in Munster) has rarely been judging ground for All Stars apart from Clare's brief surge in the 90s and Limerick's flirtation with the top level from 2003 to 2005.

Obviously the All-Stars arent going to be decided by a game against Clare (although having said that feel duty-bound to point out that Clare were very decent this year - we beat them by less than we beat Cork and Galway and on another night they could have possibly squeezed by Kildare.)

Murphy for instance had the type of eye-catching game that if the game had been televised with his other consistent/steadier performances would probably have pushed him much closer into contention, as opposed to the current situation where as DDC1990 says he's not even being looked at as a possible All-Star.

It's may sound odd but I wonder if it's somehow related to the fact thatt for an All-Ireland finalist, Kerry have so few players in what you would describe as pole position for All-Stars.
    Well there you go, I thought it was players 23 and under? Must be u-21?

He's not even being looked at as an All Star.

Yup under-21 :D

Past30Now wrote: »
    From my perspective the only Dublin players who have a chance of making the team are Connolly and Flynn, and maybe Philly. Its unlikely that two of the three half forward berths will go to Dublin so I wouldn't be surprised if only one of them gets the nod. Hence if Dublin are to get a second player on the team, Philly would get my nod.

I think in a sense half-forward looks like the most competitive line and I wonder if there is a danger of Connolly and Flynn splitting the vote - I can't see a huge number of voters giving them both votes, although I can't see many not giving one of the two of them a tick.

I think they really need to see McHugh get the YPOTY and have him "lose out" on an All-Star to have any chance. Even then it might be very squeaky.

Rightly or wrongly the Donegal has killed McMahon's chances stone dead imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Good man,lets just move on and talk about the all stars, you re as bad as Oisin McConville:eek:

I hope you genuflected when you typed that name!! toungue.gif

• Advertisement

I think in a sense half-forward looks like the most competitive line and I wonder if there is a danger of Connolly and Flynn splitting the vote - I can't see a huge number of voters giving them both votes, although I can't see many not giving one of the two of them a tick.

I think they really need to see McHugh get the YPOTY and have him "lose out" on an All-Star to have any chance. Even then it might be very squeaky.

Rightly or wrongly the Donegal has killed McMahon's chances stone dead imo

Who do you reckon is in the running to make the half forward line ahead of Flynn, Connolly and Mchugh?

One notion I have is if Donaghy has a massive final similar to the Mayo game, he might make full forward and Murphy could be pushed to the half forward line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I thought Donnchadh Walsh was desperate unlucky not to get an All Star last year when they pulled a stunt naming Cavanagh at half forward so Aidan O'Shea - not even Mayo's best player at centre field - could get one as well.

If anything Walsh has been better this year. If you're leaving club performances out of it he's way more deserving of one than Connolly this year who a lot of people were calling on to be dropped through the Leinster campaign.

I hope you genuflected when you typed that name!! toungue.gif
    Great player-not sure bout his "punditry" tho;might be losin his marbles.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I thought Donnchadh Walsh was desperate unlucky not to get an All Star last year when they pulled a stunt naming Cavanagh at half forward so Aidan O'Shea - not even Mayo's best player at centre field - could get one as well.

If anything Walsh has been better this year. If you're leaving club performances out of it he's way more deserving of one than Connolly this year who a lot of people were calling on to be dropped through the Leinster campaign.
    It wouldnt be a stunt to pick Murphy at centre forward-hes spent equal times through the middle in every line bar full back and goalkeeper so imo centre forward would be the most natural place to pick him.

Walsh bit unlucky alright last year-was excellent against Cork and Kerry.

I think Connolly is an absolute cert to win one given that afaiaa he hasnt got one yet, and also was outstanding in 2 massive games-the club final and last Sunday-when the chips were down. I wouldnt pay any heed to him not doin well in a few turkey shoots in Leinster-sure Cormac Costello and Dean Rock would be all stars if you were to count those non events

Ronie32 wrote: »
    Who do you reckon is in the running to make the half forward line ahead of Flynn, Connolly and Mchugh?

One notion I have is if Donaghy has a massive final similar to the Mayo game, he might make full forward and Murphy could be pushed to the half forward line!

At the moment there are 5 players less than evens with Paddypower

McHugh 1/8 0.13
    Connolly 3/10 0.3
    Flynn 2/5 0.4
    D Walsh 8/15 0.53
    Mac Niallais 8/13 0.62

If Kerry win it's very hard not to see Donnacha (who's never won an All-Star) picking one up. Even if Kerry don't win I could see him being a possible win depending on how the final goes.

A massive issue is how McHugh's likely YPOTY will affect things - if lads vote for him in the YPOTY will they vote for him as an All-Star

There's also the possibility that if one of Sheehan, O'Brien, McLoone or even Buckley has a big game in the final they might seriously come into the reckoning; depending on how the result goes and I could also see your Murphy/Donaghy scenario be a possibility as well. If any of these for instance are MOTM on the day this could put more pressure on things.

Basically I could see lads looking at the ballot paper and running their eye over the half-forward category and after discarding a few of the 9 names on the basis of them being in the nominated to make up the full 9 number, category and deciding to give a vote to 1 of the 2 from Connolly or Flynn but not both.

Obviously all speculation but seems plausible to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If Donegal beat Kerry it will be very hard to look past McHugh for an All Star as well, excellent in the Ulster Final and against Dublin.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Shane Walsh is a fantastic prospect. But his performances this year should have him nowhere near an all star.

In fairness I don't think anyone said he'll get an All-Star. He'll get a nomination alright.

Was probably in pole position for YPOTY though up to the quarter-finals but these things are nearly always decided by the final 3 (or 4 this year) games of the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

K-9 wrote: »
    If Donegal beat Kerry it will be very hard to look past McHugh for an All Star as well, excellent in the Ulster Final and against Dublin.

He'll get one. Personally I think Odhrán's is more deserving but I'm sure there's room for both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

That ref reilly will surely get one after his performance for kerry last week,

You had since the second round of the qualifiers to come up with a joke, and that's the best you can do? ;)

Reilly bashing is sooooo last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Excellent contribution to the thread...!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

thread Bump....predict your all stars :)

Durcan
    O Mahony
    Mcgee
    Higgins
    Murphy
    Crowley
    Mcglynn
    Moran
    Gallagher
    Flynn
    Connolly
    Walsh
    O Donoghue
    Donoghy
    Murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭robbiezero

thread Bump....predict your all stars :)

Durcan
    O Mahony
    Mcgee
    Higgins
    Murphy
    Crowley
    Mcglynn
    Moran
    Gallagher
    Flynn
    Connolly
    Walsh
    O Donoghue
    Donoghy
    Murphy

Has Michael Murphy done enough to get one?
    I feel sometimes that the hype is greater than the substance with him.
    Limited displays in semi and the final. Not a hope is he ahead of Cillian O Connor for me. Between himself and Donaghy for full-forward for me and I would have Donaghy ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

robbiezero wrote: »
    Limited displays in semi and the final. Not a hope is he ahead of Cillian O Connor for me. Between himself and Donaghy for full-forward for me and I would have Donaghy ahead.

Michael Murphy was outstanding in the semi final. They wouldn't have won it without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Not a hope is Michael Murphy ahead of Cillian O Connor for an all-star? Everyone is free to make their case for who they think should get an all-star, but leaving Murphy without ''a hope'' despite dominating in every game besides the final seems a bit much.

If Murphy had a better final, he'd be very close to winning footballer of the year, imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Not a hope is Michael Murphy ahead of Cillian O Connor for an all-star? Everyone is free to make their case for who they think should get an all-star, but leaving Murphy without ''a hope'' despite dominating in every game besides the final seems a bit much.

If Murphy had a better final, he'd be very close to winning footballer of the year, imho.

For me... that is i.e. in my opinion.
    I didn't think he dominated every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I agreed with the Sunday game team bar McHugh #12, Boyle #7 and Durkan. I'd have James Mc or either of Donegal's wingbacks ahead of Boyle, probably Dessie Mone as well. The other wing forward role is difficult, I'd nearly move Murphy out considering he's basically been a half forward, then put Donaghy at #14. Durkan's final performance makes it hard to put him in, his kicking was poor early on against Dublin as well although he improved that day. Hard to pick a GK though, Hennelly's underrated.

Hennelly, O'Mahony, N. McGee, Higgins, P. Murphy, Crowley, McGlynn, Moran, Gallagher, Flynn, M.Murphy, Connolly, O'Donoghue, Donaghy, O'Connor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

For me... that is i.e. in my opinion.
    I did acknowledge that - I didn't say you were wrong. I was merely pointing out that, in my opinion, the words ''not a hope'' were a bit strong.
    I didn't think he dominated every game.
    Fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Murphy will be a cert for an All Star, Neill McGee, Gallagher as well and I'd be surprised if McHugh doesn't get one. The problem with Murphy is where do you put him? He'll probably be in the FF line despite only playing there intermittently.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

AN other; Fitzgerald, N McGee, Higgins; P Murphy, Boyle, McGlynn; Moran, Gallagher; Flynn, M Murphy, Connolly; JOD, Donaghy, COC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Crowley is a cert turniphead. He's had a brilliant season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

Goalkeeper would have to be between Cluxton and Hennely.Durcan had a terrible final which cost Donegal so surely has lost his chance.
    I'd go-
    Cluxton
    Fitzgearld,McGee,Higgins
    Murphy,Crowley,McGlynn
    Moran,Gallagher
    Donnacha Walsh,Murphy,Connolly
    Donohue,Donaghy,O Connor

O Mahoney had a great final but Fitzgearld was better all season.
    Donnacha Walsh is one of the most underrated players of all time.At one stage on Sunday in the first half he was the last man back defending a high ball looking like a full back.The man has an engine second to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya, Donnacha gets overlooked every year. would be great if he finally got one. i guess his shooting left him down on Sunday and it could perhaps have cost him the all star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭chubba1984

Paul Durkan
    Paul Murphy
    Neil McGee
    Keith Higgins
    James McCarthy
    Peter Crowley
    Colm Boyle
    David Moran
    Neil Gallagher
    Paul Flynn
    Michael Murphy