Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Blueray 190euro. Blueray disks 12.99

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

bk wrote: »
    If this is the case, then it is wrong and if your still in warranty Sony will normally replace it.

Have to agree. Mines on about 4 hours, with the heat today, and I still couldn't hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

hmmm with this hotter weather, my ps3 is definitely getting warmer, fan kicks up to id say 3/4 speed 30 mins into playing resistance 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

zAbbo wrote: »
    Komplett had the BD60 for €225 last week, and you can mod them with some soldering skills

mbsoldered.jpg

thats some nasty soldering :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Victor_M wrote: »
    Why would anyone lie intentionally about that??

My 60Gb PS3 has 3 fan powers loud, really loud and holy crap it's about to explode loud. Has done since day one, it's fairly well ventilated, maybe mine is faulty or something but it is loud.
    cruachan7 wrote: »
    Mine goes like that about 1 hour into playing regular dvd's - games and blu-rays are fine. The processing power to upscale dvd's is so intense that it heats up a lot more and needs to cool down. It takes more power to play a regular dvd than a blu ray .... of course if i disable the upscaling i imagine it would stop but its not too bad in my case.
    Yeah when the fan comes on, on my PS3 it puts the Xbox to shame on the noise front! Really loud! Keep expecting Maverick & Goose to be doing a fly by outside my window!
    phill106 wrote: »
    hmmm with this hotter weather, my ps3 is definitely getting warmer, fan kicks up to id say 3/4 speed 30 mins into playing resistance 2...

Your PS3's are broken.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'll not be giving them a hand out until they move their gaming mindset from graphics & technology to originality, fun & gameplay.
    (Yes, Little Big Planet looks good to me, but not 400euros good enough)

A Wii, then?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

the_syco wrote: »
    You get what you pay for. Although the picture will be great, the sound will suck, as most HD-TV's have sh|te speakers. The PS3 has an optical out, which can be plugged to a reciever, and from there, to a 5.1 (or above) sound system.

My father got a cheap Sony BluRay Player for a €100 with the TV, and it has an optical output, which hooked up to the Yamaha system with ease. The newest firmware also allows it to play DivX movies from CD's or DVD's on the BluRay player.

Which model of Sony Blu-ray Player did your father get? I'm interested in finding out if I too can upgrade my S350 to play DivX movies

Advertisement