Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overbearing Neighbours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Abrasax wrote: »
    Did you actually read the opening post?

maybe dub wants lando arrestested?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Dub13 wrote: »
    Take a note of all the 'incident's' over a few weeks,then on a Saturday night (or some other busy time) pop into your local garda station and make a report.

Guard,i want you to arrest these people. They brought me wine and cakes and offered to help paint my house.
    Yeah,i'm sure they'll call in the SWAT team..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Ruu wrote: »
    Burn down their house.

Do you mean with love? Cause i've never heard you say anything bad before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

djhunter30 wrote: »
    They sound like real lonely people with no children. You'd probably kill them with of a broken heart if you told them to fúck off.

They dont want children yet as it gets in the way of her career path.
    They will be trying to have one for next Summer we are told.
    Maybe things might calm down a bit then.

I'd say they are grooming you for your baby batter. Or your OH's eggs. Or a combo of both... Move....Now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Abrasax wrote: »
    Did you actually read the opening post?
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    Guard,i want you to arrest these people. They brought me wine and cakes and offered to help paint my house.
    Yeah,i'm sure they'll call in the SWAT team..

You both need to get one of these....

Link

Link

Ive got one for home, one for the office, and a travel one for my iphone!

and yes, i called it an iphone rather then just a phone, deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Link

You can actually buy one of those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Grow a pair and just tell them, overwise it will just get worse.

Send the fecker over to me my back is ****ed but i need flower beds dug.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Was taking a bucket of paint out of car and his wife spotted me, she told me (Name Withheld) loved painting and went in and got him. Ten minutes later I was starting to paint and turned around got the shock of my life, here he was covered from head to foot in protective gear ready for action.

Did he look like this

condom-costume-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

a) If you don't mind moving again, then take full advantage of the situation, build an extension, do up the garden, etc. You won't need to hire much help as they would do most of it. You get cheap work, adds to the price of the property, sell it at a markup, happy days.

b) If you want to stay, then organise a swinger party and also invite all your couple friends. Have a bowl at the entrance that everyone leaves their keys in and half way through the night bring in the bowl and have the women start drawing keys and leave with the owners. You just got to hope they don't call your bluff and are up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

make a move on the wife :)
    That will sort the situation out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

So really what you're saying is that they want children now but because it doesn't fall into their plan you have become the centre of their attention.

And when she does get knocked up be prepared for a lot of pregnancy talk.

Hate to be the one to let you know but if they are they are telling you when they are going to start trying for a baby then theres a good chance you're going to be hearing about sore nipples, leaks, piles & other weird stuff that happens in a pregnancy.

make a move on the wife :)
    That will sort the situation out :)

No such luck, proabaly end up digging a bigger hole for myself then.
    easyeason3 wrote: »
    So really what you're saying is that they want children now but because it doesn't fall into their plan you have become the centre of their attention.

And when she does get knocked up be prepared for a lot of pregnancy talk.

Hate to be the one to let you know but if they are they are telling you when they are going to start trying for a baby then theres a good chance you're going to be hearing about sore nipples, leaks, piles & other weird stuff that happens in a pregnancy.

I know thats what we are dredding, we have offered some of our baby stuff to them allready known our luck we will be god parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

be honest with them...thats its getting a bit much for you and you need to take a step back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Would you rather live beside neighbours who partied most nights, invited around their scumbag mates, fighting all the time, throwing rubbish over the back garden wall (I shít you not) and generally being cnuts...

OP, your neighbours sound like a dream to some people I have lived beside. I know it sounds a bit too much, especially the organising of a holiday for ye all, but be greatful you have nice neighbours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Ask them if they've ever heard of Dianetics, then start talking about L Ron Hubbard.

loobylou wrote: »
    Ask them if they've ever heard of Dianetics, then start talking about L Ron Hubbard.

Oh yeah,i've a few magazines that they won't stop sending me. You can have them and scatter them round the coffee table OP. Make it look more believeable

loobylou wrote: »

Had an experience with that crowd before, they wouldn't let me join, but thats a long long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Jesus they seem lovely,and they helped you with house work wtf!!!.

I can remeber when we moved to our area in 92-93,Idunno ha I was 2.But the area was really close and everyone got on.Now!Every is like bleh to each other.Guess as well the kids have gotten older n stuff.

Dont be dicks to them,they seem like genuine nice people,thats rare in a feckin cold hearted world now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Seloth wrote: »
    Jesus they seem lovely,and they helped you with house work wtf!!!.

I can remeber when we moved to our area in 92-93,Idunno ha I was 2.But the area was really close and everyone got on.Now!Every is like bleh to each other.Guess as well the kids have gotten older n stuff.

Dont be dicks to them,they seem like genuine nice people,thats rare in a feckin cold hearted world now.

So let them be nice without living in the OP's pocket.

When I was living in a built up area I actually liked the fact that I didn't know my neighbours. I enjoyed being able to walk from my car into my house without anyone annoying me.

Now I live in the country & even though I know my neighbours there's so much room between us that I could dance in the garden naked & they would be none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Everybody needs good neighbors with a little understanding

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Have a few cans with them and yah might get on with them.

If you still dont like them open a bottle of Jameson and abuse the fcuk out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

Oh yeah,i've a few magazines that they won't stop sending me. You can have them and scatter them round the coffee table OP. Make it look more believeable
    Any chance of coming by with those this Saturday on Abbey street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Now I live in the country & even though I know my neighbours there's so much room between us that I could dance in the garden naked & they would be none the wiser.

Hehe.... that's what you think:D:P

Noreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

consultech wrote: »
    I say take them to the cleaners. Get yourself a nice holiday home out of it.

and remember, you fill the ice tray with water...

themadhair wrote: »
    Any chance of coming by with those this Saturday on Abbey street?

Why? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D They sound like great neighbours to me, id be taking full advantage of them and doing all sorts of crazy stuff to get them off my back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Funkytown

ask him to help you dig a hole, 6 feet by 6 feet deep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭themadhair

Why? :confused:
    Because us critics love that type of propaganda and we would be able to make some use of it.

Advertisement