Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overbearing Neighbours

Options
  • 21-06-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

We moved into our house last year and have an unbearable neighbour.
    When we moved into or new house we never realised what we were in for, but now understand why the family before us just moved down the street.
    1. After all the hustle and bustle of moving we finally finished at 10.30pm one Sunday night, next thing Ding Dong the doorbell. There they were (the n w neighbours) with bottle of wine and home-made buns , greeting us strolled in and stayed until 12.30am, the eyes were hanging out of me at work the next day.
    2. Was taking a bucket of paint out of car and his wife spotted me, she told me (Name Withheld) loved painting and went in and got him. Ten minutes later I was starting to paint and turned around got the shock of my life, here he was covered from head to foot in protective gear ready for action.
    He was so eager, I had to go to shop to get supplies and got held up chatting, and when I got home he had the feckin room painted.
    He also helped when I was doing the garden, had to do a load of digging flower beds and lo and behold who arrived, spade in hand. He sent the whole day yacking about stupid things. I had to invite him down for a pint, so he went to shower and an hour later got text message to say he couldn’t come as his back was very sore.
    The wife then suggested to OH that they should spend Saturday shopping together. Out of niceness OH agreed and is haunted since. When she sees something she likes she has to take a photo and text her husband, then they spend ten minutes chatting about where and to what she could wear it before its put back on hanger and start over again.
    What can we do about them.
    They are driving us crazy.
    Every bloody weekend they want to be involved in our lives.
    Now they have a holiday organised for us all. Christ.
    We are sick of it absolutly sick of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Move house. Or kill them and bury them under the patio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Okily-dokily.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Tell them to Fcuk Off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Move. And make it fast.

Failing that, walk into his garden, slit your wrists, start shouting 'Unclean, unclean' & then take a dump while they are looking at you with horrified expressions.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Grow a ****ing backbone and tell them politely but firmly you have other plans than to spend the rest of your lives hanging out with them.

They sound hilarious (from a safe distance) :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

They sound like real lonely people with no children. You'd probably kill them with of a broken heart if you told them to fúck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

I wish somebody would paint my house for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You're just gonna have to be honest with them. That would drive me insane. I get on great with my neighbours but wouldnt hang out with them all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I say take them to the cleaners. Get yourself a nice holiday home out of it. You'll also be paying it forward to the next couple who wont be bothered a jot.

I agree with pickarooney; it sounds fairly funny from the outside, would make a good film.

Oh and by the by; Do NOT leave your car keys in any bowls next time they invite you round to theirs for "drinks"...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Trashbat wrote: »
    I wish somebody would paint my house for me.

On that note I need my car washed. OP can I drop it over to your house and have your neighbour wash it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The previous owners of your house must be living in paradise now by the sounds of it :D

Sounds like Ned (not real name) has an aversion to drinking/not allowed/needs permission with you. Every time he comes over crack open a few cans and put Garth Brooks on at a fairly high volume. Maybe get yourself some boots & a hat to don for each occassion too.EVERY time he comes over now, or it wont work. Id be willing to bet his visits would taper off.

Taking pics of clothes & discussing it, what a pair of absoloute w@nkpots. Portray the image that your alchoholic hick wannabe's...save yourselves :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They brought you home made buns, wine, did your painting and gardening for you...
    yeah total psychos, maybe the next series of "neighbours from hell" will have you on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Start keeping all your car keys in a bowl near the hall door, nod suggestively in the direction of this bowl next time they are coming in to your house.

This will freak them out and problem solved. Or spectacularly backfire and you'll end up balls deep in your neighbours wife. Take a punt OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Maybe they're just being helpful!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ceart

I so wish I could help - I would be the same. I hate to hurt people who do not realise they are doing something to piss me off or irritate me. I know that my brothers would tell me to stand firm when I do not or cannot do something with them.

Next time, just tell them no - you either have other plans or you just don't want to do anything. If they take it personal, then that is their problem. Don't move for God's sake, lol. Hope they get knocked up and have a baby to dote on and take up all their time. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tell them your swingers and invite them over for a sex party.
    But same sex only ;) so as to really throw them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Burn down their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I thought they sound like nice people, who are making an effort to become friendly with their new neighbors.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ruu wrote: »
    Burn down their house.

Are you a social worker?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Ruu wrote: »
    Burn down their house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dlOlx1Mwu0

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    I thought they sound like nice people, who are making an effort to become friendly with their new neighbors.

Ya sap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Tell them it's not the 50's anymore and that people nowadays are suspicious and condecending. Then all you need is barbed wire ands your finally away from those un-thinking horrible helpful ****.

Or just ask the fella to suck off your wife. He'll be too confused and aroused to do anything else.

-Funk

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Ya sap!

*Cries quietly in the corner, then remembers this is the internet, and stops caring*

phill106 wrote: »
    *Cries quietly in the corner, then remembers this is the internet, and stops caring*

Go over to Landos neighbours. They'll probably have Kleenex & a hug waiting for you.

But don't tell them where you live or you could arrive home to a newly painted house :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

mailforkev wrote: »
    Start keeping all your car keys in a bowl near the hall door, nod suggestively in the direction of this bowl next time they are coming in to your house.

This will freak them out and problem solved. Or spectacularly backfire and you'll end up balls deep in your neighbours wife. Take a punt OP.

God no. She is quite the looker but he wouldn't set too many hearts racing.

God no. She is quite the looker but he wouldn't set too many hearts racing.

You only are supposed to have sex with her, not him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

we have lovely neighbours, they are not long moved in and we are helping them settle in and making them welcome, even had hubby help with painting though I think 'he' went to the shops and waited for poor hubby to almost finish the room:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Take a note of all the 'incident's' over a few weeks,then on a Saturday night (or some other busy time) pop into your local garda station and make a report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Dub13 wrote: »
    Take a note of all the 'incident's' over a few weeks,then on a Saturday night (or some other busy time) pop into your local garda station and make a report.

Did you actually read the opening post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bang his wife.

Advertisement