Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judas Priest

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I was going to say i like the production!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Metal Hammer have an exclusive stream of Redeemer, a whole week before it's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The production on the new album is abysmal and the songs are boring and generic. Really disappointing so far :(

After a few listens I'm the same boat. Sound like the album needs a good punch in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Are you getting an Iron Maiden vibe from some of the songs? Cold Blooded (sounds sorta Dance of the Deathish) and Sword of Damocles.

It sounds very much like Richie is on show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The three songs that I've heard from the album so far have to be the most bland songs I've heard in a very long time. Halford doesn't even sound like he's trying. Sure one of the songs (can't remember which) sound like Ozzy could give him a run for his money. Don't get me started on the production, it's absolutely atrocious. I'm fairly disappointed with what I've heard so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Anyone buy it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Blabbermouth reported that it is set to be their first (!) top ten album in the U.S. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

This album has some moments, but ultimately lacking in a bit of 'umph'.

Got me listening to their other albums, some of which I know well (Painkiller), some which I don't (Defenders of the Faith)!

What are people's favourite Priest albums?

Saw Sterogum rank them all here: http://www.stereogum.com/1691165/judas-priest-albums-from-worst-to-best/photo/

Ram it Down as second worst album? I wouldn't agree with that AT ALL.. I don't agree with Painkiller higher up than Screaming for Vengeance but I'm glad to see they didn't put it as number 1 as I expected.

The fairly awful Touch of Evil live album being one spot higher than Angel of Retribution is also really really odd.

I know it's a hugely popular album but I can't say I care for Stained Class much... I don't like how the guitars sound on it and I don't care for songs like Exciter, White Heat - Red Hot (which I think is dreadful) or Hero's end. Savage (awesome solo by Ken), Invader and Beyond the realms of death are classic though.

I'd say my favourite album is Defenders of the faith but it can flip between that, Screaming for Vengeance and Hell bent for leather.

I'd go for Screaming For Vengance or British Steel, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I don't care for songs like Exciter

Fall to your knees and repent if you please!

ush wrote: »
    Fall to your knees and repent if you please!

I think it's a song that works much better live :)

blastman wrote: »
    Blabbermouth reported that it is set to be their first (!) top ten album in the U.S. :eek:

.....and it's currently the number 6 album in the U.S., in case anyone was wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ram it Down as second worst album? I wouldn't agree with that AT ALL..

Agreed. It's not a brilliant album but I'd definitely rank it higher than the likes of Point of Entry, Nostradamus, rocka rolla and turbo.

It'd be hard for me to choose a favourite, but one album I always go back to is Sad Wings, so maybe that.

I've just put Ram it Down on again.. forgot that I really do love this album quite a lot :) I think in terms of pure guitar showmanship, it beats ram it down quite a bit (those leads and harmonies on Hard as iron as especially good)

Rob sounds excellent on it (the Blood red skies intro!) - he'd been abusing his voice during the 80's (alcohol abuse and god knows what else.. ) but came back pretty strong for the Turbo album and that continued onto this.

Yeah, it IS typical late 80's hair-ish metal in a lot of places such as Love zone and Love you to death (though that KK solo!), but it's not without it's charm. There's something about it that I think it's FAR less cheesy and cringey than some of the stuff on Painkiller can be (that album has pretty appaulling lyrics, Rob himself commented on such at some point but what happened then on the new album..)

And I love that Rockman guitar tone :) "Thin"?! pfft!

...I think i'm trying to make a thinly veiled "Painkiller is overrated" point here.. !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Ram it down is a brilliant album! I don't know how anyone would consider it Priests second worst album :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Priest announced for Wacken 2015 although thats sold out as usual means more European dates imminent at least most likely more festival shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I know it's been out a while now, but I've really been getting into ROS since before Christmas. The songwriting is pretty good, and the overall consistency is there, particularly for such a long album. Rob's vocals sound a bit phoned in at times, but considering his age we should be grateful, and he's great on quite a few of the tracks.

Personal favourites: Dragonaut, ROS, March of the Damned, Battle Cry and Beginning of the End.

Regretting not getting the deluxe edition with extra tracks. A definite grower, and easily a four star effort.

Advertisement