Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judas Priest

Options
  • 25-03-2005 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I was at the gig last nite and it was simply amazing. I'm so glad I went. I must say I was well impressed with Scorpion too :)

Was anyone else up for it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I was there! It was a brilliant gig, i had a ball and all my bones hurt now.... :)

Too bad we didnt get a chance to meet up. I couldnt get in touch coz our phones weren't cooperating but i managed to bump into Doc J briefly after the gig.

Excellent night - let's do it all again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

We had been keeping an eye out for ya. It was truly an excellent gig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bugger, I had no idea they were even out of recording the last album, let alone touring. :(

Must pay more attention to these things. Must see Judas Priest live. MUST SEE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Big respect to our northern cousins for the great atmosphere, great venue (cold feet though) and a top night. The gorilla scum bouncers who destroy the positive energy at every MCD gig could learn quite a lot from the staff in the Odyssey who let everybody mosh, dive and generally have a great time without interfering or getting heavy, very impressive, that's how you marshal a gig, well done to them, they allowed the evening to be what it was. Priest were every bit as great as you could have hoped for and I have to say, surprise of the night were The Scorpions, who rocked like it was 1985! Great show, great bands, great venue, great crowd, great great great.

Ancient1, next time we'll organise it better and at least one of us will have a phone that works north of Fundalk ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Great gig, I'm really glad I made the effort to go up and see them. Here's a link to some photos and video clips of the gig I found http://www.ironmaiden.org/showthread.php?t=42234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Shred

Great gig, brilliant show throughout. I was a bit pissed though and didn't remember Rob coming out on the bike until I saw those photos above :p I even asked Ancient1 the next day and he didn't remember either! Damn that Stella Artois, damn it to hell!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nice one Treebeard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

He came out on the bike? :confused:

Either i was more pissed than i thought, or i was refuelling my tank at the bar...

Great pics man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I saw them over in Manchester, great gig :D

Nice to hear stuff like I'm a rocker and Hot rockin being played live again. They sounded fantastic live (and i'm a rocker is one of my favourite priest songs so I was more than happy)

The scorpions were great too, I went out and bought one of their cds afterwards and am in the process of checking out more of their back catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Judas Priest, gig, last night? Please don't tell me this was in Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

grrr....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I was well impressed with the staff and the way the whole thing was set up in Belfast. If they only did that down here it be a different story. All though as usual we're dealing with ****ing a mickey mouse set up in Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

New JP Track:

New Album due in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Sweet zombie Jebus!!

Not a bad track, though.....

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Can we expect a tour then??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wait til they released the album first Grid. :P..... Then fingers crossed for a world tour, with an Irish date thrown in to boot.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wait til they released the album first Grid. :P..... Then fingers crossed for a world tour, with an Irish date thrown in to boot.

Yes daddy!:D:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm liking the new song

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The Priest are great. Not more world tours for them though afaik.

Their "Epitaph" tour was their last world tour but I'd expect to see them do plenty of dates in promotion of the new album. Presumably playing slightly more sporadically that a full working world tour.

Wouldn't mind seeing them in an open air venue.

• Advertisement

I'm liking this new track. Scratches the itch.

Album cover for the new Judas Priest album

bb_cover_art.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Priest are great. Not more world tours for them though afaik.

Their "Epitaph" tour was their last world tour but I'd expect to see them do plenty of dates in promotion of the new album. Presumably playing slightly more sporadically that a full working world tour.

Wouldn't mind seeing them in an open air venue.

Saw them at Graspop in 2011 on that Epitaph world tour, Ozzy pulled out so they ended up headlining doing a 2 and a half hour show...Was great even though Robs vocals were clearly waning. The new songs sound like hes trying not to strain his voice too much making it not too much of a struggle to perform live...

Heres the new track

...Yes I too realize they were due to stop touring at the end of that Epitaph tour but they've announced thats not the case anymore and will be touring select dates to support the new album http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=ED4F0F58-0EDA-47BD-A73F-0C870E425238

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I like it ! album isn't out till july,thought it was out sooner.

Surely you can hold on for 2 months Seph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Tour dates imminent according to their FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

poundhound wrote: »
    Tour dates imminent according to their FB page.
    I've mentioned that above regardless they'll be no Irish date anyway.

New track 'Dragonaut' released

Oh, now that's what I like to hear, it wastes no time getting straight to business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

The production on the new album is abysmal and the songs are boring and generic. Really disappointing so far :(

Advertisement