Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chest Fat/Man Boobs

• 07-04-2014 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been trying to get my chest in to shape for the last 6 months and getting really disheartened.. Over the last two years I have lost nearly 3stone and my current weight is 12 and a half. I have always been tipping away at free weights dumbells etc. Since last oct I began a cardio normally burning 600 calories, 3times a week. My diet is excellent I think, I don't eat crap food apart from a takeaway on a sat nite for my sanity. I eat a lot of protein foods, fruit and vege and try keep my carb intake taken before 2pm. Now my point being I'm in great shape apart from my chest, my man boobs have shrank dramatically but I'm finding it extremely hard to actually get them in to shape and lean. I'm thinkn dat I need to continue on the path I'm on, maybe up my cardio but I don't want to lose anymore weight. My plan was to lose the weight and get my bmi in check along with my chest, then build myself back up. Any suggestions?..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

great work so far! I guess the next step is a specific resistance/weights routine. Something like the Insanity programme can be great and uses no equipment and would more than cover your cardio as well, or else get a bit more equipment so you can do more weight training or the TRX like equipment which isn't expensive a develop a routine around that. Or join a gym for 6 months and have a few sessions with a personal trainer.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

You can't spot reduce fat, so there's no way else around it, you have to lose more weight. Keep the protein in the diet up to minimise lean mass loss, that's the weight loss you don't want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Increase your weight training? Putting on more muscle should give better definition

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭OzMister

Thanks to ye guys/gals,

Ya that's what Iv been thinking, lose more weight! Something I don't like doing but I suppose it has to be done, I can always put it on again down the line. Il keep ye posted on the progress.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

OzMister wrote: »
    Thanks to ye guys/gals,

Ya that's what Iv been thinking, lose more weight! Something I don't like doing but I suppose it has to be done, I can always put it on again down the line. Il keep ye posted on the progress.

Thanks again

It's not necessarily losing weight. It's about shedding body fat. You could lean up and end up heavier but be in much better shape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Maybe do a little research on hormonal responses to different foods, I don't have answers for you.

It would seem to me your body is partitioning some of the energy(food) you put into your body as fat around the chest area.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭OzMister

Hey ford,
    I researched that recently I could not identify with anything really. I know I don't have gyno. They is a drastic size reduction and I suppose I was jus conscious about losing more weight, I am happy with my progress but jus have to go that extra mile, I know I'm nearly there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

It is something I've always found interesting why fat deposits in certain areas in different people.

In women in pregnancy and as they get older hormones seem to play a big role.

I've trained with team mates over the years who will have fat deposits in different areas at end of off season. I'm sure somebody has researched it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ford2600 wrote: »
    It is something I've always found interesting why fat deposits in certain areas in different people.

In women in pregnancy and as they get older hormones seem to play a big role.

I've trained with team mates over the years who will have fat deposits in different areas at end of off season. I'm sure somebody has researched it!

its certainly worth looking at glandular wellbeing. If you have adrenal stress, apparently your body will specifically dump fat in your mid region regardless of your diet or exercise routine

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Keep your diet in check for sure but defiantly get doing some chest exercises also as they will improve the appearance of your chest. Bench press and dumbbell flys will assist greatly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement