Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Good BCAA

• 02-04-2014 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a good branch chain amino acid, preferably a powder I could mix in with water as oppose to capsules. From a quick google search I saw that MusclePharm Amino1 and BSN Amino X seem to be highly rated does anyone have experience with these or could recommend a better one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Im looking for a good branch chain amino acid, preferably a powder I could mix in with water as oppose to capsules. From a quick google search I saw that MusclePharm Amino1 and BSN Amino X seem to be highly rated does anyone have experience with these or could recommend a better one?

Just out of interest, what do you consider to be a 'good' BCAA?

For what it's worth, I got a 500g pouch of powered BCAA from MyProtein last week. Can't fault it but bit early to know how effective it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Just out of interest, what do you consider to be a 'good' BCAA?

Something that doesn't have bad ingredients, has a good taste, and is effective.

I can't guarantee anything on the taste front. They're not known for being all that palatable. I've been using mine in my vanilla whey and they're lovely together. On it's own, it's like a cheap, watered down 'tropical' flavoured cordial. Not disgusting but not fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Something that doesn't have bad ingredients, has a good taste, and is effective.
    BCAA is a specific thing, its not limk "mass gainer" where its a mix of everything.
    A BCAA product should be close to 100% BCAAs (plus a tiny amount of flavouring, if any). BCAAs taste terrible, its such a tiny fraction of total diet that effectiveness is very hard to gauge

After another bit of research I found this http://ie.bodybuilding.com/store/optimum-nutrition/pro-bcaa.html A new product from optimum nutrition, it has good reviews so I think ill give it a punt and try it out. Where is a good website to get supplements from?

• Advertisement

Looks pretty much the same as any other bog standard BCAA to be honest.

Except with the "we're ON" levy added.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

I use cellucor bcaa tropical punch v nice taste but gives the tingles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

I got BCAAs from myprotein before, taste grew on me but then again I like the taste of caffeine powder in water, so that mightn't be too applicable to you. I never found any effect with them, I was taking them before fasted resistance training. Researching them after combined with the fact that the myprotein BCAAs were of zero benefit to me, would lead me to assume that myprotein BCAA are just as effective as any other brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Scivation Xtend...nuff said!

pone2012 wrote: »
    Scivation Xtend...nuff said!

Ive actually heard allot of good things about it what's the difference between that and a bcaa like above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Ive actually heard allot of good things about it what's the difference between that and a bcaa like above?

Has the benefit of added Glutamine, Citrulline Malate and electrolyes. To be honest man, find a BCAA you like the taste of, has roughly 10g of BCAAs per serving and is cheap. Disregard branding and any hype you see on bodybuilding.com or similar websites.

Xtend tastes quality, but it is quite expensive. Works out a better price if you get the 90 serving tub instead of the 30 servings tub though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

I am very suspicious about any BCAA that tastes good because in raw form they are absolutely shocking.
    A lot of people here in oz are big into the huma pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Do your run of the mill protein powders not contain BCAAs anyway?

I was under the impression that aside from protein powder and creatine all other supplements are pretty much a gimmick (well aside from Yohimbine which you can't get here) and if your regular diet is in check you're basically being robbed...would I be wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Do your run of the mill protein powders not contain BCAAs anyway?

I was under the impression that aside from protein powder and creatine all other supplements are pretty much a gimmick (well aside from Yohimbine which you can't get here) and if your regular diet is in check you're basically being robbed...would I be wrong?

You are not wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

You are not wrong.

Or maybe they are...
    http://www.poliquingroup.com/Tips/tabid/130/EntryId/1206/Tip-348-Take-BCAAs-For-a-Faster-Recovery-and-Better-Performance.aspx

I think BCAAs are one of those that are simply unproven either way.

Advertisement