Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

paulieeye wrote: »
    This Siver fight is scheduled for Jan 18th. Aint that a sunday? If its in boston that would be what 3am here for main event??

Yeah it sucks its a sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    It is scheduled to be broadcast on Fox Sports 1 directly after the NFC Championship Game which is one of the biggest games in NFL. Should generate a lot of exposure for McGregor.

What sky channel is fox sports one? i dont think i have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

akelly02 wrote: »
    What sky channel is fox sports one? i dont think i have it.
    BT Sports will be airing it.

Those looking at the 4 day package deal...tempting, dont think the missus and kids would allow it for me !

Im looking at flying out the Sunday, arrive Boston 1-2 pm, Onyx hotel is in the vacinity of TD Gardens, which is only 10 mins from the airport, one night stay, back in Shannon 6am Tuesday, just in time for work :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Lets be honest here. He'll more then likely destroy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Stuxnet wrote: »
    BT Sports will be airing it.

Those looking at the 4 day package deal...tempting, dont think the missus and kids would allow it for me !

Im looking at flying out the Sunday, arrive Boston 1-2 pm, Onyx hotel is in the vacinity of TD Gardens, which is only 10 mins from the airport, one night stay, back in Shannon 6am Tuesday, just in time for work :-p

cheers for that. God that would be cutting it fine! I wonder how much that would save you, just staying the one night and booking seperate.

• Advertisement

I went to a previous Boston event Randy vs James Toney few years back.

A word of advice, dont buy the cheapest tickets. The venue has some nasty pillars blocking your view if your up the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

It's on the east coast so the main card will start at 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

How would you go about getting tickets for this? And when are they on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

D.Q wrote: »

Keep an eye on the UFC site, usually about 6 weeks before the event. They will have details of where to purchase tickets when it is announced. I'm sure someone will up date it on this forum also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,055 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They give plenty of notice in the newsletter too.
    If I hear the date, I'll pass it on.

They said it last week,...also Id presume fightpass members will get tickets a day or two before general release
    Tickets for UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver go on sale on Thursday, November 20.
    http://www.ufc.com/news/McGregor-to-Headline-Boston-Event-on-Jan-18

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Stuxnet wrote: »
    They said it last week,...also Id presume fightpass members will get tickets a day or two before general release

http://www.ufc.com/news/McGregor-to-Headline-Boston-Event-on-Jan-18

Fight Pass members get squat. It's Fight Club you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

SevereMMA.com ‏@SevereMMA 1h1 hour ago ICYMI: Tickets for UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver go on sale on Thursday, November 20. @TheNotoriousMMA @SBG_Ireland @John_Kavanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Watching the Invicta weigh-ins I know its Halloween but Shannon Knapp appears to be dressed up as Dana well Bald cap and Jeans but is wearing a t-shirt saying I love Conor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

YgybUgF.jpg?1

8fK4jJs.jpg

8fK4jJs.jpg

There's one with a kid with the full gorilla chest tattoo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The kid on the right there is Nate 'the great' Kelly. Seen some other pics on conors facebook. The lad with that tattoo is gas, has stubble drawn on his chin and all with marker

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Fight Pass members get squat. It's Fight Club you're after.

haha ya, that’s what I meant!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Rory MacDonald on Conor McGregor: “He’s on the cutting edge”

Two of the most exciting up and coming stars in mixed martial arts today, Conor McGregor and Rory MacDonald, have struck up quite the mutual admiration. The Canadian welterweight number one contender is currently waiting in the wings for the title fight between Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler to produce his next opponent while McGregor will fight Dennis Siver in January with Jose Aldo a possible summer opponent.

“He’s on the cutting edge of some stuff I think.” MacDonald said about McGregor on today’s edition of The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani.

“His movement, his striking It’s got my attention for sure, I want to emulate some of it.”

“He’s doing the right thing to get noticed quick but I think he would have done it anyway with his skill-set. I’m more a fan of his skills. The way he talks is the way he talks but I’m more a fan of his work”

MORE >> http://severemma.com/2014/11/rory-macdonald-on-conor-mcgregor-hes-on-the-cutting-edge/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

He sounds like a big fan. He also said that he'd like to train with him and will even come to Ireland to do so.

Dustin Poirier will be on later, should be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Poirier is a laugh and a half :pac:

Sounded like he had real trouble dealing with the loss, feel for the guy he seems ok. Still young tho he will bounce back

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Assume this is the thread to ask Boston related questions?
    Many heading over? Anyone found any decent deals. Assume tickets will be easy to come by once they are on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

. Assume tickets will be easy to come by once they are on sale?

Doubt it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

dave1982 wrote: »
    Doubt it tbh

Prob should of rephrased that. I mean like being at the ready to buy tickets when they go on sale. I would estimate they would be available a few days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Prob should of rephrased that. I mean like being at the ready to buy tickets when they go on sale. I would estimate they would be available a few days anyway.

A lot might sell to fight club members and pre sale so a lot of the tickets might gone, plus cards in Boston and Conor headlining.Tickets go sale the 20th.

hope you get some:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Doubt it tbh

The card wont sell out instantly imo.
    It will be easy to get tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement