Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps 5.0 Unveiled

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just spotted bug in the update.

When searching the maps I looked up the 'Purty kitchen' pub in Dun Laoghaire co Dublin on the map, It found it alright but when I hit the Street View for it, it shows the one in Dublin... odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

If you can't update the app because you can't find it in the downloads section of the app its because some applications on the desire come preinstalled. To update to .5.0 just install Google maps from the market like you would any other app .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

I've searched a number of threads lloking for this info and can't find it so here goes.

How can I save my current location in Google Navigation so that I can return to it at a later time? E.G. I am going to a city tomorrow where I'm going to be dropped off and picked up after my meeting. I don't know exactly where I'm going to be fropped off but I'll need to find my way back to that exact spot a few hours later.

I'm used to my Garmin having Favourites and being able to "Save my current location" as a favourite but I can't find any such function in Google Navigation.

Appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pcboy

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've searched a number of threads lloking for this info and can't find it so here goes.

How can I save my current location in Google Navigation so that I can return to it at a later time? E.G. I am going to a city tomorrow where I'm going to be dropped off and picked up after my meeting. I don't know exactly where I'm going to be fropped off but I'll need to find my way back to that exact spot a few hours later.

I'm used to my Garmin having Favourites and being able to "Save my current location" as a favourite but I can't find any such function in Google Navigation.

Appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Ben
    1. When you arrive, tap and hold your current location on Google Maps
    2. It will popup the location address. Tap the address
    3. A new page will come out and click on the 'star' which can be found on top right as picture below
    snap20110125111513.png
    4. Your fav locations are saved on your Google Account. If it happens you have to factory reset, your fav locations are still there

I hope you can understand my tips above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks PC Boy, that's perfect. Pity you can't add starred locations from within the Navigation app itself though.

Ben

• Advertisement
Advertisement