Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Studying medicine/dentistry/veterinary in Eastern Eurpope

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elisesan

Hello everyone,
    I'm french and I just arrived in Cluj, Romania, to study veterinary medicine (in USAMV)
    Does anyone heard about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

S'up, Boardsies! Anyone thinking of heading to Prague in September to start medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highcream

S'up, Boardsies! Anyone thinking of heading to Prague in September to start medicine?

Considering it,yes.
    Though,its a big ask.
    Many obstacles but i guess if u really want to be a doctor then do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 8mile

im currently in leaving cert and want medicine.prague would be a bit too expensive for me though.could someone please tell me about polish medical colleges?really need some advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sebjar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Norah_94

I was considering a few different Eastern European countries for medicine in september but have narrowed it down to Slovakia and Hungary. Anyone got any advice or info on either of them?

Hey Norah,Kosice in Slovakia is popular and cheaper then Hungary.Works out at 8500 per year and very cheap to live there.Hope thats a help

Thank you that is...is it a reputable college do you know?

yup sure is,google ims med study!its called pjsu

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

@Norah, you should be aware of this;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70319119

"graduates from the following countries are not allowed apply for internships as they are considered to have fulfilled the requirements for full registration during their degree:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Spain, France, Cyprus, Iceland, Latvia, Hungary, Netherlands, Romania, Slovenia, Switzerland and the Slovak Republic.

Graduates from the following are eligible:

Ireland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway"

• Advertisement

Hmm thank you that is slightly worrying.... However I have been in contact with the University of Malta about transferring there in 3rd year - if I get in that shouldn't be a problem, otherwise I'm going to have to look into that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roman Omede

Hello,I am presently studying medicine in Ukraine(V.N karazin National University,Kharkov), English medium.I am in my 3rd year and I am looking forward to doing my rotations during my summer in Ireland or the Uk.Is it possible? What do I need to work in Ireland?I also need a visa to enter Ireland because I am from Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fit4life

Hi
    I came across you post while investigating studying vet med. Did you go to Romania afterwards to do veterinary? If so how did you get on?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aimsywamesy

How much does it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Viola112

I'm hoping to sit the entrance exam for Prague but I didn't do physics for the Leaving Cert. I got an A1 in both chemistry and biology at higher level so would this make up for my lack of physics in the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 adnil64

Hi,
    I'm looking for some genuine info on studying Veterinary Science in Warsaw's University of Life Sciences.
    - Is the qualification widely accepted in Ireland/Europe?
    - Does anyone know of any returned graduates now working in Ireland/Europe?
    - In terms of cost, fees appear to be in the region of 7,500e /year. If anyone could shed any further light on how much extra money is required in order to live?

- How difficult is the entrance test? Would a student scoring about 520 points in the Irish system be able for the course in general.

...and any other useful information would be welcome.
    Thanks.

Advertisement