Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepy Hollow [Fox - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I've stayed away since the winter finale. Worth catching up, then?

Sure...its gone dafter if that were possible. Still no sign of any of the leads taking it seriously which is a great sign.
    It's going a bit like Doctor Who used to be before they let sane people spoil the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So last Monday was the finale, and most loose ends were tied off. If that was to be the last ever episode, it went out on a terrific high.

The 'slide to unlock' visual gag still makes me smile when I think about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Very interested to see where they're going to go (assuming it's renewed) considering they wrapped up most of the main stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    So last Monday was the finale, and most loose ends were tied off. If that was to be the last ever episode, it went out on a terrific high.

The 'slide to unlock' visual gag still makes me smile when I think about it. :)

Ichabod trying to work the phone was hilarious. They really just reseted the show back to what it was like in season 1. I feel that the ending was more of a result of Fox wanting to turn the show into a Monster of the week type of show. It hasn't been renewed yet but if it does I think it could be the last.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement

Just got picked up for a third season. Will be an 18 episode run and the new showrunner is The Glades' Clifton Campbell
    http://tvline.com/2015/03/18/sleepy-hollow-season-3-renewal-clifton-campbell-new-showrunner/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Just got picked up for a third season. Will be an 18 episode run and the new showrunner is The Glades' Clifton Campbell
    http://tvline.com/2015/03/18/sleepy-hollow-season-3-renewal-clifton-campbell-new-showrunner/

Excellent. I can joust with the highbrow lads on the Film forum until the steaks come home but nothing beats talented actors taking the piss out of a silly script. Slide to Unlock......Chaplin would have wept tears at that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Excellent. I can joust with the highbrow lads on the Film forum until the steaks come home but nothing beats talented actors taking the piss out of a silly script. Slide to Unlock......Chaplin would have wept tears at that one.

:D

tumblr_nkrf18iveF1rm8dzoo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I was advised to watch the final 3 episodes, which I've done. How did Capt Irving get out of the psychiatric hospital? Supernatural mojo?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Still undecided whether to return to this next season. Second season felt like a chore to watch at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Bones crossover episode is going to be hard one to work I think maybe they will have Crane visit the Smithsonian in search of something and then he meets Brennan and Booth.

Look forward to being surprised on how the get the two universes to cross over.

Peter Weller directed 3.01. I'll miss John Noble because he's John Noble, wasn't terribly into the Moloch storyline.

Ratings seem down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Sorta binge watched this recently, including the first episode of the third season. I couldn't believe the downward curve in quality during season ; to the point where season 1 felt like a happy accident, that nobody really knew what they were doing and just fluked a brilliantly fun show first time around. The terrible, terrible new characters, the headless horseman turned into a whiny jilted lover, and as for the 'character' of Catriona. Jesus. Not even the sheer power of John Noble could save it.

In many ways then, the Season 3 opener felt like a blank slate: a chance to ditch elements that weren't working (Hawley, Captain Irving, the horseman), but there was something weirdly flat about it all. Didn't seem to have half the breathless pacing and excitement of season 1.

Season 3 starts on Universal (Sky) next Thursday (22nd) at 9pm!

• Advertisement

3.03 was fairly routine and unimaginative. Still, they got Crane to mention a Flintlock pistol, so I'll give them a point for that.

trailer for next weeks Bones/ Sleepy Hollow 2 hour crossover event

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I know absolutely nothing about Bones, beyond that it stars Buffy's Angel and Zooey Deschanel's sister; I had thought it was just AN Other procedural crime drama, wouldn't have thought it a match for the Sleepy Hollow world.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

I used to love Bones, but as I had read majority of Kathy Reichs books went rapidly off it, so I really dont see how this crossover will work?

Great mid season finale

Yep, they really built up to a great cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So is Abbie really dead (has Nicole left the show?)

Back tonight. I suspect the next couple of episodes will be about finding Abbie....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

It's just getting sillier all the time. I would not be upset if it was cancelled

• Advertisement

This season has been great so far. Friday's episode had some nice surprises. Some really sub-par special effects in places, though - particularly at the end.

Yeah, I know they are going to MacGuffin the sh*t out of the Hidden One with Pandora's box in the finale, but it's still an entertaining show.

No word on a renewal yet, so hopefully they end the season cleanly without any big cliffhangers.

Advertisement