Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepy Hollow [Fox - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Intriguing, but strangely compelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

The trailer works for me. It has grabbed my interest it is one of the better ones I have seen in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked the trailer. Looks like will be a bit fish out of water. Ichabod seems to act like the preacher guy from Deadwood. Some genuinely funny lines in it. And I'll admit I laughed at the "Put your hands on your..." part

• Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could be the sleepy(er) hit of the new season :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Could be the sleepy(er) hit of the new season :P
    if they can get the procedural and larger overall season arcs of shows like elementary and person of interest, which could be easily done then it could be a good show,

i dunno if this will be for me, i couldnt get into grimm or once upon a time, and this seems like it would have a similar feel to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Starts tonight.

Mr E wrote: »
    Starts tonight.

Be careful, you could put Richard off his lifelong quest to post that the "first eppy is out now" at every possible opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This was gloriously good fun! Ichabod is a great character (he plays the fish-out-of-water role very well), and they've packed so much lore into a single episode that they could take it anywhere. First good show of the season. :)

Yeah, it was pretty damned excellent actually. Loved all the small things with Inchabod experiencing the future; the electric windows, the torch. The segment at the end was pretty cool too, with the Devil (?) moving like the girl from the Ring almost. Surprised they killed off their two big televisual names early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, that was good fun actually.

Very silly, but definitely worth the watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just watched it, really enjoyed it. Only heard about it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Didn't plan to watch this but decided to at least give the first episode a go. Really, really good fun. Definitely adding it to my watching list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Really enjoyed this as well. Seems like plenty of mythology was set up.

They're pretty optimistic by pointing out it's a 7 year mission. But if they keep up the quality they could do it.

Nice to see one of the 4 horsemen not just being a human possessed and actually being a monster. ("Do you think he can hear you?")

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JOCookie

watched this last night. I liked it. very good intro to the series. hopefully quality stays as high for the season.

just on a side note I liked how hodgins made the comment in the new episode of bones "I hope I dvr'd sleepy hollow"

As long as it doesn't turn into a monster of the week or Scooby-Doo type episodes, I'll watch it.

The sleepy Hollow story itself is quite chilling so it could be decent. They have enough going in the captain's locker to keep them at it. The only question is how they're going to do it unless she's tasked with supernatural investigations after giving up Quantico.

How else are they going to explain Ichabod hanging round the police station every week ?

His missus is a bit of alright for a witch though, eh ?

Oh, I couldn't have been the only one expecting Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around" to be played whenever that passage was uttered - particularly at the end?

Basq wrote: »
    Oh, I couldn't have been the only one expecting Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around" to be played whenever that passage was uttered - particularly at the end?

Hell yeah! I absolutely loved it.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nice to see one of the 4 horsemen not just being a human possessed and actually being a monster. ("Do you think he can hear you?")

Ha, that was a small touch that made it slightly more realistic (yes, yes, I know) as it's something I would ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

What is it with Clancy Brown getting his head chopped off again and again? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

James Frain will guest-star
    on multiple episodes of Fox’s freshman hit as Rutledge, a modern-day nobleman
    who will interrogate Ichabod, who is being passed off as a “visiting Oxford
    professor,” about his past

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Nice one. Hope this doesn't start to take itself too seriously. We could have a lot of fun with the fish out of water theme along the lines of Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

This show just got even better. John Noble is to have a recurring role later in the season.

^ Absolute legend... was hoping he'd do some more TV!

God damn it but I was about to put this on when I mistakenly clicked into tht thread and the first thing I saw was a post about hot Mr. Krabs gets his head cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Definitely going to follow this. Great pilot episode and really laying its cards out on the table, prophesising about a 7 yr quest and all that. Only question now is whether to eat h it wk to wk or download it as the wks go by and watch it all at once approaching the season finale!!!???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

In 1773 in Boston Harbor, Crane and his colonial compatriots use a colonists’ Tea-Tax protest for cover as they infiltrate a British stronghold and attempt to steal a crate believed by Colonel Washington to contain an item of tremendous power. Unfortunately, the mission doesn’t go as planned and the crate is – apparently – destroyed.

Present day. Following her visit from Crane (during which he warned that “the Four Horsemen are coming”), Abbie’s sister, Jenny, escapes from Tarrytown Psychiatric Hospital and goes on the run... with a definite purpose. Still feeling guilty for turning her back on Jenny by steadfastly denying their forest encounter with “the blurry man” when they were teens, Abbie petitions Captain Irving to lead the search for her sister. Once Crane and Abbie find Jenny, it becomes clear that she is far from crazy, and far more familiar with Sleepy Hollow’s long history of the occult than anyone, including Abbie, could have possibly imagined. Meanwhile, servants of the Headless Horseman (aka “Death”) make their gruesome presence felt as they, too, search for Jenny, and try to recover a powerful demonic tome used to fling open the gates of Hell in preparation for the coming invasion. Also, Captain Irving and his detectives begin to plumb the depth of the evil that is lurking all throughout the formerly quaint village, and Crane learns the name of the being who has summoned the Headless Horseman.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/09/sleepy-hollow-episode-104-lesser-key-of.html#ixzz2fcTHvrS3
    Follow us: @SpoilerTV on Twitter

this sounds epic, how do they pack all that into 40 mins :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I thought it would be a cheese fest, but they actually get a good amount of back story and mythology crammed into that pilot episode. It has the potential for greatness, and the news about John Noble joining only enhances the potential.

The "Headless Horseman"/Ichabod Crane/George washington period of American History has hundreds of stories/tales that would provide excellent source material if they can figure out how to connect it all to modern day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I'm just going to call it now.
    Lieutenant hot black chick dies later in the series and Ichibod tracks down her crazy sister who also happens to be hot and they act as the first and second witnesses just when all seems lost.

The end of the first episode was bleedin deadly.

On my phone so I'll keep this short but I watched it earlier today and it's by far the most fun I have had in a long time. Easily one of the strongest pilots that I have ever seen and I cannot wait to see where the season takes us. There was a real sense of urgency to the 45 minutes though I do fear that if this is anything other than a 13 episode per seasons how that fatigue could set in early. The whole 7 year plan thing worries me as much like Homeland I don't want a show that just goes on and on with some far off goal in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

another show with a bit that reminded me of bioshock

two bits

Advertisement