Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Genuine Ray-Bans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Don't buy knock offs and you'll be fine.

i have two pairs myself, one expensive brand name, the other a no name polarizing pair, i use both and both seem on par despite a 10:1 price difference.

is there anyway for the regular consumer to be able to tell if what they're buying will protect their eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

i have two pairs myself, one expensive brand name, the other a no name polarizing pair, i use both and both seem on par despite a 10:1 price difference.

is there anyway for the regular consumer to be able to tell if what they're buying will protect their eyes?
    Don't think there's any easy test. Main thing is just to buy from a reliable source that isn't going to lie about them having the protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

I have a pair of real 2140 wayfarers and also got a pair of fake ones for $6 that I bought on a popular Chinese website, I have to say the fake ones are not far off the real ones apart from the glass in them of course,

But the frame and logos on them are identical to the real ones, they even have the slant the real ones have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just buy from an actual reputable shop that states they have UV protection, and not some guy at the side of the street really.

a €10 pair of "Wayfarers" from River Island will have a UV protection sticker and protect your eyes fine.
    so will authentic RayBans for 100+.

sunglasses with the RayBan logo from a guy at the side of the road in Lanzarote, probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I have a pair of real 2140 wayfarers and also got a pair of fake ones for $6 that I bought on a popular Chinese website, I have to say the fake ones are not far off the real ones apart from the glass in them of course,

But the frame and logos on them are identical to the real ones, they even have the slant the real ones have.

very apt username :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I holiday relatively frequently in very hot countries (think temperatures approaching 35-40 degrees) and not once have I worn sunglasses. The locals don't seem to wear them either. What dangers does the sun pose to your eyes? I don't wear sunscreen either but I just tan as opposed to getting sunburned so that's not really relevant.

Just from what I've seen a lot of people who own Ray-Bans are young lads/girls who wear them any time the sun shines in Ireland because they look cool. I highly doubt the sun here could do damage (but I could well be wrong). Anyway, how do we know Ray-Bans aren't marked up significantly because of the brand? You could definitely get a pair of sunglasses with good UV protection at far more reasonable prices.

I guess you are trolling but just in case you are not:
    http://www.who.int/uv/faq/uvhealtfac/en/index3.html
    http://www.who.int/uv/faq/uvhealtfac/en/index2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Sconsey wrote: »

I genuinely wasn't.

Thanks for that, should probably take it more seriously so!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

damn you op!!! €100 spent on sunglasses i didn't know i needed..

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Guys, im not saying these are not genuine, but fulfilled by Amazon does not mean they are being sold by Amazon so it does not guarantee they are real.

As far as im aware fulfilled by Amazon is that it is packed ans shipped from amazon's warehouse, but the stock is provided by the merchant

there are plenty of them for which amazon is the seller themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Customs charges are added at Amazon checkout. Got myself and the girlfriend some RayBans and got myself a nice watch all with the 20% discount. I did end up spending €300 and all I wanted was sunglasses :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Thanks for the heads up OP - I already have a pair of 'New Wayfarers' which I love and have served me well all the years I have had them (although I'm not a huge fan of their non-polarized lenses). Time to buy a new pair of sunglasses methinks - thinking a pair of aviators. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ggmad

Is this site legit? smartbuyglasses.ie Ray-Bans for €96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

They are based in China if that is any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gobbler

Hi, i bought a pair of ray bans off this site, RB4115 i did not do my research as i did not know the site was in china, so i ordered before i found this out. I ordered the same pair i got in the US, as i lost my previous ones in Spain (left on a table) and i was gutted as they are not available in Europe. So i ordered and was sent tracking number, and checked the origin china, so wasn't too happy as i though they will be fake, I ordered on a monday and they arrived on wednesday. They are exactly the same as my old ones, i checked the signs:box, label on box, serial number, material, case stitching was perfect, cloth was quality and ray ban lettering on cloth was perfect, and i used a jewellers loupe 40x to check the tiny RB etching on the lens which is perfect. The case is identical to my old case, which i still have. There is nothing for me to say the these are forgeries, usually you would see some type of flaw but i cannot see any. I use them almost every day and they have not broken or melted yet. Thats my experience anyway, hope it helps!

ggmad wrote: »

They have more styles than the Ray Ban website. I'd say it's fake ok. Why not just get them off of amazon.com for €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

gobbler wrote: »
    Hi, i bought a pair of ray bans off this site, RB4115 i did not do my research as i did not know the site was in china, so i ordered before i found this out. I ordered the same pair i got in the US, as i lost my previous ones in Spain (left on a table) and i was gutted as they are not available in Europe. So i ordered and was sent tracking number, and checked the origin china, so wasn't too happy as i though they will be fake, I ordered on a monday and they arrived on wednesday. They are exactly the same as my old ones, i checked the signs:box, label on box, serial number, material, case stitching was perfect, cloth was quality and ray ban lettering on cloth was perfect, and i used a jewellers loupe 40x to check the tiny RB etching on the lens which is perfect. The case is identical to my old case, which i still have. There is nothing for me to say the these are forgeries, usually you would see some type of flaw but i cannot see any. I use them almost every day and they have not broken or melted yet. Thats my experience anyway, hope it helps!
    Second post in nine years? Htf did you hold your breath for so long?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Mine arrived today - Well pleased - defo think they're genuine going by quality and checking ray ban serial number on side.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ggmad wrote: »

i bought raybans from here and was worried after i ordered that they were fake reading some online horror stories but they were 100% legit and arrive pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

I holiday relatively frequently in very hot countries (think temperatures approaching 35-40 degrees) and not once have I worn sunglasses. The locals don't seem to wear them either. What dangers does the sun pose to your eyes? I don't wear sunscreen either but I just tan as opposed to getting sunburned so that's not really relevant.

Just from what I've seen a lot of people who own Ray-Bans are young lads/girls who wear them any time the sun shines in Ireland because they look cool. I highly doubt the sun here could do damage (but I could well be wrong). Anyway, how do we know Ray-Bans aren't marked up significantly because of the brand? You could definitely get a pair of sunglasses with good UV protection at far more reasonable prices.

It's 40 degrees outside my window now and i can tell you everyone wears sunglasses here. It's a big industry.

Mine arrived today - Well pleased - defo think they're genuine going by quality and checking ray ban serial number on side.

Did you use standard shipping or express? And did you end up purchasing off of Amazon.com?

I used standard shipping and they say they will be another 2 weeks :(

Shipping with i-parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The Ray Bans aren't actually sold by Amazon they're sold by a 3rd party using Amazon's name. These sunglasses are fakes but very good ones. They're slightly heavier and RayBan confirmed to me that they're replicas.

Look at the reviews too. Amazon refunded my money to me after complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

glued wrote: »
    The Ray Bans aren't actually sold by Amazon they're sold by a 3rd party using Amazon's name. These sunglasses are fakes but very good ones. They're slightly heavier and RayBan confirmed to me that they're replicas.

If you click on the link in the OP and select amazon.com as the seller you will get the genuine article. this was discussed earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

glued wrote: »

How did you come to that conclusion? I highly doubt Amazon are selling good fakes and claiming they are authentic.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

All Sunglasses Come complete with Original Manufacturers Case, Cloth, and Booklet/Authenticity card when applicable.

Did you use standard shipping or express? And did you end up purchasing off of Amazon.com?

I used standard shipping and they say they will be another 2 weeks :(

Shipping with i-parcel.

I think I picked express by mistake (I meant to pick standard - prob led to greater charge), it gave this detail in the confirmation email:

AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping

Ordered on 27 June and Arrived today

I think I picked express by mistake (I meant to pick standard - prob led to greater charge), it gave this detail in the confirmation email:

AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping

Ordered on 27 June and Arrived today

Yeah that would be priority. Shipping for 3 items was $75 using priority but standard shipping was only $11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Belfunk wrote: »
    How did you come to that conclusion? I highly doubt Amazon are selling good fakes and claiming they are authentic.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

All Sunglasses Come complete with Original Manufacturers Case, Cloth, and Booklet/Authenticity card when applicable.

I like how you've highlighted that as proof of authenticity. Sure they can do a decent job of a pair of sunglasses, but a piece of cardboard would be too much for them. :D

Plenty on fake stuff on Amazon's site. But as others have said if it's sold by amazon you shouldnt have any concern.

Yeah that would be priority. Shipping for 3 items was $75 using priority but standard shipping was only $11.

Yeah the shipping was $23.76 :mad::mad::mad: Learnt my lesson!

Well I suppose at least I got them quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Yeah the shipping was $23.76 :mad::mad::mad: Learnt my lesson!

Well I suppose at least I got them quick!

$24 for priority shipping? that actually sounds nearly reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

So how much is a pair of Wayfarers including customs and 20% discount etc?

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    So how much is a pair of Wayfarers including customs and 20% discount etc?

Works out roughly at €100, maybe less.

Advertisement