Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Genuine Ray-Bans

Options
  • 26-06-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Seen this on HUKD earlier on. Amazon.com are now shipping Ray-Ban glasses internationally, a lot of styles are reduced at the moment meaning some work out at less than half the cost you pay here, even after you pay shipping and import duties.

The link to the glasses is Here.

However do make sure that they're fulfilled by amazon before ordering to ensure you don't end up with fakes.

You can also get a further 20% off by signing up for their newsletter here (you can unsubscribe once you've ordered).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

link for the extra 20% isn't working?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

lanber man wrote: »
    link for the extra 20% isn't working?

Should be working now, but if its not the link is: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8439053011

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

cheers but it wont let me use that promo code against the sunglasses it says its not valid for them

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

cheers but it wont let me use that promo code against the sunglasses it says its not valid for them

Really? that's weird i ordered a pair just before i created the thread and it went through fine! Maybe try contacting their support over chat? I've always found them really good, they'll probably knock 20% off for you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 paddy145

Worked fine for me too, although it dosent feel like a bargain now after spending nearly a 100 quid on something i didn't even want 10mins ago, damn bargain alerts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Thanks for this. Me and the other half in the market for some RayBans. Half price compared to any shop in Dublin!

With the extra 20% I have decided I'll get myself a nice watch too!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭epopnomis

These are coming from the US though right, so possible customs charges???

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Looks like you could get nipped with a fake pair!

Looks like you could get nipped with a fake pair!

If sold and shipped from Amazon as said in the OP then they can't be fake. That's like a high street store selling fakes.

If sold and shipped from Amazon as said in the OP then they can't be fake. That's like a high street store selling fakes.

Sorry I'm a noob - how do I tell if this is the case?

• Advertisement

Sorry I'm a noob - how do I tell if this is the case?

In the filter options you can choose Amazon as the seller. Or if you click into a pair of glasses you should see Ships from (seller) and sold by (seller).

To be extra careful I choose shipped from and sold by Amazon.

paddy145 wrote: »
    Worked fine for me too, although it dosent feel like a bargain now after spending nearly a 100 quid on something i didn't even want 10mins ago, damn bargain alerts

Tell us how you get on with customs?

Might end up not being a bargain alert in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Tell us how you get on with customs?

Might end up not being a bargain alert in the end.

customs and handling charges are included in the price from Amazon and they provide customs clearance on your behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

clevtrev wrote: »
    customs and handling charges are included in the price from Amazon and they provide customs clearance on your behalf

I've ordered a variety of items from amazon.com and this is what has happened - bear in mind that these charges can add approx 20% to the price, so do a comparison with amazon.co.uk before purchasing. (I usually go for the gold box deals - note that DVD/blurays are exempt for some reason, only shipping charges apply. As far as I know, camera gear is also exempt from customs duty, but not from the VAT or other handling charges)

Also, make sure you select the currency in US dollars -amazons exchange rate is always more expensive than your bank.

Do I need to apply that 20% discount code, if so does anyone know what it is....

what promo code is this?

It will be sent to your email address nce you sign up for newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

What's the difference between these and the 5$ knock-offs? I can't see build quality being too huge a factor.

You could buy 10 pairs of fakes and they'd look the same and last you longer than the real ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

What's the difference between these and the 5$ knock-offs? I can't see build quality being too huge a factor.

You could buy 10 pairs of fakes and they'd look the same and last you longer than the real ones.

The original b&l ones were incredible I had a set of wayfarers that were virtually scratch free after 20+ years took many a hop from my head and hinges were still tight. No idea what the current crop are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

For a start the fake ones will have lenses that won't protect your eyes! Cheaply made so bigger chance of them falling apart. Better materials, more solid feel etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys, im not saying these are not genuine, but fulfilled by Amazon does not mean they are being sold by Amazon so it does not guarantee they are real.

As far as im aware fulfilled by Amazon is that it is packed ans shipped from amazon's warehouse, but the stock is provided by the merchant

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

For a start the fake ones will have lenses that won't protect your eyes! Cheaply made so bigger chance of them falling apart. Better materials, more solid feel etc.

Is there any way to find out if ray-bans lenses will protect your eyes?

What are the differences in materials used?

Tried the code but says it isn't valid...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's pure idiocy to wear knock off sunglasses. If you only want to spend a few euro, then fine go to boots or Lidl and you'll get something that will protect your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Is there any way to find out if ray-bans lenses will protect your eyes?

What are the differences in materials used?
    Not that I know of. I'm sure there probably is. Here's a quick article from Google on issues if they are fake / not properly protected

I've had fakes before and they just didn't feel like they were quality. Lens popped out then after a few days. I'd imagine it's better quality long lasting materials, scratch proof lenses etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Guys, im not saying these are not genuine, but fulfilled by Amazon does not mean they are being sold by Amazon so it does not guarantee they are real.

As far as im aware fulfilled by Amazon is that it is packed ans shipped from amazon's warehouse, but the stock is provided by the merchant
    epopnomis wrote: »
    Tried the code but says it isn't valid...

Make sure that the seller is Amazon, not fulfilled by Amazon, but amazon themselves. Then the code will work, and you're guaranteed the genuine ones. Was tempted when I came across this yesterday...I still am...but have decided that I purchase too much non-essential stuff and need to cut back!

Not that I know of. I'm sure there probably is. Here's a quick article from Google on issues if they are fake / not properly protected

I've had fakes before and they just didn't feel like they were quality. Lens popped out then after a few days. I'd imagine it's better quality long lasting materials, scratch proof lenses etc.

Construction quality should be the least of your concern. Wearing fakes is worse than wearing none, the tint opens up the pupil allowing more uv into your eyes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Construction quality should be the least of your concern. Wearing fakes is worse than wearing none, the tint opens up the pupil allowing more uv into your eyes.

What should you be looking for? what are the indicators of a UV protective lens?

What should you be looking for? what are the indicators of a UV protective lens?

Don't buy knock offs and you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I holiday relatively frequently in very hot countries (think temperatures approaching 35-40 degrees) and not once have I worn sunglasses. The locals don't seem to wear them either. What dangers does the sun pose to your eyes? I don't wear sunscreen either but I just tan as opposed to getting sunburned so that's not really relevant.

Just from what I've seen a lot of people who own Ray-Bans are young lads/girls who wear them any time the sun shines in Ireland because they look cool. I highly doubt the sun here could do damage (but I could well be wrong). Anyway, how do we know Ray-Bans aren't marked up significantly because of the brand? You could definitely get a pair of sunglasses with good UV protection at far more reasonable prices.

Advertisement