Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Varik wrote: »
    Then you'd be paying for it in the end if they've contacted you to arrange collection.

How? Just don't reply to the mail. They can't take funds from your account without permission. And as the article says "Any attempt to demand payment (by threatening means or otherwise) is unlawful.".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'd feel a little bit shi*ty keeping it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd feel a little bit shi*ty keeping it though.

If only there was someway your guilty mind could be distracted! Maybe with an oled screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If he ordered tearaway presumably he'd have a vita anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I'm guessing the answer is no, but Im just wondering, Im going to get a vita soon, I bought some games on my ps3 that are also on Vita, Strangers Wrath, and some PS1 games.

Can these be played on the Vita or do I have to purchase them again?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

thorbarry wrote: »
    I'm guessing the answer is no, but Im just wondering, Im going to get a vita soon, I bought some games on my ps3 that are also on Vita, Strangers Wrath, and some PS1 games.

Can these be played on the Vita or do I have to purchase them again?

Cheers

I'm not sure specifically about Stranger's Wrath but there a lot of games that are Cross-Buy, i.e. you buy the PS3 game and you can download the vita version for free.

The PS1 games should be playable also. I've got Resi 2 and 3 and a couple of FFs on my Vita after buying them on my PS3 originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Velocity Ultra is Deal #6

I thought there be something a bit more decent than that. Slightly disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'm not sure specifically about Stranger's Wrath but there a lot of games that are Cross-Buy, i.e. you buy the PS3 game and you can download the vita version for free.

The PS1 games should be playable also. I've got Resi 2 and 3 and a couple of FFs on my Vita after buying them on my PS3 originally.

Cheers dude, I was googling but couldn't find anything, I didn't know what to type.

I googled cross buy and have a list now :) Excellent, I have a few PS1 games that id like to play on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Velocity Ultra is Deal #6

I thought there be something a bit more decent than that. Slightly disappointing.

Velocity Ultra is absolutely fantastic and the Vita is the best platform to play it on too (because of the touchscreen teleportation). I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Otacon wrote: »
    Velocity Ultra is absolutely fantastic and the Vita is the best platform to play it on too (because of the touchscreen teleportation). I would highly recommend it to everyone.

It's a good game but considering it's a cheap enough indie and was already on PS Plus (where I got it) it's a slight disappointment in terms of the sale. I was hoping for a couple more big games. I tried the demo of Dead or Alive 5 but considering I already have Street Fighter v Tekken and Mortal Kombat I wasn't too bothered with it. Still, I suppose I've gotten Rayman Legends and Spelunky so it's not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Still 6 deals left so we might get a couple more big games.
    It's a good game but considering it's a cheap enough indie and was already on PS Plus (where I got it) it's a slight disappointment in terms of the sale. I was hoping for a couple more big games. I tried the demo of Dead or Alive 5 but considering I already have Street Fighter v Tekken and Mortal Kombat I wasn't too bothered with it. Still, I suppose I've gotten Rayman Legends and Spelunky so it's not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I reckon we could see Killzone there which would be great for the community.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm hoping for Dragon's Crown to appear, don't want to fork out 40 quid for it at it's current price. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I'm mad I missed out on Spelunky! :(

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Dragon's Crown to appear, don't want to fork out 40 quid for it at it's current price. :)

They've said there'll be no discount on Dragon's Crown on the blog but they haven't ruled it out on Persona 4 Golden or Soul Sacrifice so here's hoping one of those is either in the deal or the IGC when it's announced on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

They've said there'll be no discount on Dragon's Crown on the blog but they haven't ruled it out on Persona 4 Golden or Soul Sacrifice so here's hoping one of those is either in the deal or the IGC when it's announced on Friday.

Slightly off topic but have they confirmed the IGC this Friday?

tok9 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but have they confirmed the IGC this Friday?

This is everything they been saying on the blog about the IGC
    Hopefully this Friday.
    See above, should be announced on Friday.
    Later this week, keep an eye on the blog
    new content for IGC wil be announced on Friday

This was an interesting exchange. P4G for the IGC?
    Also, can I ask an favour? It would be great to know if Killzone Mercenary will be on sale before Christmas. Please respond if you can, since based on that I have to decide whether to buy P4G or not. My wallet anxiously awaits your response!
    It’s Christmas, I hope you asked for some PSN credit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Developed by the same studio that created the Dynasty Warriors series Tecmo Koei, Toukiden: The Age of Demons casts players in the role of a demon-fighting Slayer. Starting from the Utakata Village headquarters where they will accept quests, players will venture out to battle Oni before they destroy all of humanity. It’s out in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Xenji wrote: »
    Developed by the same studio that created the Dynasty Warriors series Tecmo Koei, Toukiden: The Age of Demons casts players in the role of a demon-fighting Slayer. Starting from the Utakata Village headquarters where they will accept quests, players will venture out to battle Oni before they destroy all of humanity. It’s out in February.

Anyone else sick of "demons"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love it if killzone was one of the 12 days of Xmas deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is there much of a difference between the wifi and 3g versions? gamestop have the 3g one with a memory card and killzone for 179 but hmv have the wifi one with the sports pack, LBP and a 16gb memory card for 199, probably wouldnt ever use the 3g sim in it tbh. Can you tether the wifi version through a phone hotspot?

edit: gamestop have reduced the 10 game megapack with 3g/wifi vita to 169, or 199 with Tearaway:http://www.gamestop.ie/PS%20Vita/Games/45610/ps-vita-mega-bundle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

krudler wrote: »
    Can you tether the wifi version through a phone hotspot?

http://www.gamestop.ie/PS%20Vita/Games/45610/ps-vita-mega-bundle?

Yep, i have the Wi-Fi version and, before i got my better internet, i used to use my iPhones Hotspot all the time. Never had an issue with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

PS Plus is just such a great service.

Soul Sacrifice is a game I've thought about on several occassions now but am yet to pull the trigger so that is just great news.

Thank you Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

PS Plus is just such a great service.

Soul Sacrifice is a game I've thought about on several occassions now but am yet to pull the trigger so that is just great news.

Thank you Sony.
    It seems to be way better value for money than Xbox gold. With those bastards you have to pay even to watch netflix.

• Advertisement

It seems to be way better value for money than Xbox gold. With those bastards you have to pay even to watch netflix.

You wouldn't think so with all the moaning on the blog…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Heard Zavvi are doing great deals, order a game and get a Vita instead..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

ebbsy wrote: »
    Heard Zavvi are doing great deals, order a game and get a Vita instead..........

And a solicitors letter

How big are games usually? the hmv deal with the 16gb memory card is good but the sports pack is a bit meh, thought it was wipeout 2048 but its the old psp game on it, suppose the memory card is worth it.

• Advertisement

Excellent news! :)
    How big are games usually? the hmv deal with the 16gb memory card is good but the sports pack is a bit meh, thought it was wipeout 2048 but its the old psp game on it, suppose the memory card is worth it.

Depends on the game I guess but some Vita ones can take up a couple of gigs I think. I got the Gamestop bundle which comes with a 16GB card too. It's actually only 14GB of usable space and at the minute I've 4.6GB free approx. Taking up that space is: Uncharted: GA, Rayman Legends, Sine Mora, Spelunky, Guacamelee, Everybody's Golf, Sonic Transformed, Velocity Ultra and a few PSOne classics.

The bigger the card the better imo.

Excellent news! :)

Depends on the game I guess but some Vita ones can take up a couple of gigs I think. I got the Gamestop bundle which comes with a 16GB card too. It's actually only 14GB of usable space and at the minute I've 4.6GB free approx. Taking up that space is: Uncharted: GA, Rayman Legends, Sine Mora, Spelunky, Guacamelee, Everybody's Golf, Sonic Transformed, Velocity Ultra and a few PSOne classics.

The bigger the card the better imo.

Which bundle, the 10 game one with LBP, wipeout etc? I thought they came on 8Gb cards

Which bundle, the 10 game one with LBP, wipeout etc? I thought they came on 8Gb cards

Yep the bundle that includes LBP - you get a voucher inside the box that you can redeem on PSN and download the games. They don't come with their own cards. Tearaway was the free game which comes in it's own box with card.

Yep the bundle that includes LBP - you get a voucher inside the box that you can redeem on PSN and download the games. They don't come with their own cards. Tearaway was the free game which comes in it's own box with card.

Oh right, I thought they just had 8gb cards, might just go with the megapack/tearaway bundle, thats the one they have now for 199? this one: http://www.gamestop.ie/PS%20Vita
    Better selection of games on that one than the sports pack.

Oh right, I thought they just had 8gb cards, might just go with the megapack/tearaway bundle, thats the one they have now for 199? this one: http://www.gamestop.ie/PS%20Vita
    Better selection of games on that one than the sports pack.

That's the bundle alright, got mine in store, same price. Preferred the above bundle to the sports one too, mainly because I wanted Tearaway and LBP comes as a one of the free download games. The only sports game that interested me was the golf so just bought that for a tenner off psn.

That's the bundle alright, got mine in store, same price. Preferred the above bundle to the sports one too, mainly because I wanted Tearaway and LBP comes as a one of the free download games. The only sports game that interested me was the golf so just bought that for a tenner off psn.

Cool, the hmv one comes with the sports pack and LBP seperately so it's handier the other way, least I'd actually play Tearaway, must get Rayman Legends too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My 2 best purchases was the 32GB card, and ps+ subscription. I've an amazing library. Grabbed rayman and walking dead.

Got one woo, the screen is lovely. It's the wifi only one but meh I don't care, it seems a bit lighter than the 3g one I used before. Download all the games now. Gotta love unboxing a new console for the first time, dunno what to play first, Uncharted? Gravity Rush? didn't get Tearaway in the end it's cheaper to buy it separately, 169 for the console on its own, the prices of preowned carts aren't bad, least they can't be scratched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Uncharted?

That is all

cadete wrote: »
    That is all

Waiting for it to finish downloading :D played Wipeout there, fun to have a quick blast of, it's stuff like Tearaway and Rayman I'm looking forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Waiting for it to finish downloading :D played Wipeout there, fun to have a quick blast of, it's stuff like Tearaway and Rayman I'm looking forward to

Rayman is so great, not difficult just very pleasing to play at your leisure which is what I like on a handheld. I also remote play FIFA on it and completed most of resogun on it also. I hope it really picks up momentum as the vita deserves a lot more attention.

Have Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Guacamelee, LBP and Wipeout to play now, wheeee! Played Gravity Rush for a while last night it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Rayman is so great, not difficult just very pleasing to play at your leisure.

This is exactly how I felt at tearaway and absolutely loved it. People complained about it being short but I still havnt 100% all the levels after 10 hours or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi Guys. Looking for a vita. what are the best deals currently available that you guys have come across, the ones in gamestop?

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi Guys. Looking for a vita. what are the best deals currently available that you guys have come across, the ones in gamestop?

I got the wifi model with the 10 game pack for 169.99 last night, it's 199 with Tearaway but I think hmv have Tearaway for 24.99 so you'd save a fiver just buying it there separately. gamestop have the 3g/wifi one with Killzone and a 4gb memory card for 179.99 but I have a huge chunk of the 16gb memory card I got filled already with 5 games. Wipeout is about 1.5gb, Uncharted is about 3 I think so they do add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

gooner99 wrote: »

Got mine for €135 last week on Amazon.es, Wi-Fi model, it did not come with a memory card, but picked up a 8 gig card in Argos for €20, so all in all cost me €155 :D will not get to play it though till Christmas as it is meant to be a present :(

I recommend anyone who hasn't got it already to pick up The Walking Dead in the 12 Deals thing before noon tomorrow. At 10 euro (9 with PS Discount) it's an absolute steal.

Soul Sacrifice is Deal No. 8

Very stupid considering it's free with the IGC in a week and a half...

how do people find the battery life in general? I did a load of downloading over wifi when I first opened mine and it went down pretty quick. usually have wifi off now unless I need it for something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't have a problem with the battery personally. Always seems to last ages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement