Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chain cleaner device

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

blobbie wrote: »
    Do people lube the inner circumference of the chain rather than the outer?

I think the theory here is that crap typically gets attached to a chain on the "outside" and lubing the inner reduces the collection of crap thrown up from the front tyre.

Ya. Inner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

G1032 wrote: »
    Put the chain in the bottom cog of cassette. Make sure then that the chain is more or less parallel to ground. Also make sure you're not accidentally pulling the cleaning device towards you when spinning the chain (keep chain in a straight line)
    Thanks - I probably did the first, but may not have paid attention to the second, or have been aware of the third. I'll probably give the device another go :)
    ("You have one more chance...one more chance, infernal machine" :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

logik wrote: »
    How often are you guys cleaning your chains and cassettes? I am in the process of installing new tyres onto the bikes so might take this opportunity clean up the chains etc.

Once a week.

Occasionally I let it go for two weeks just to experience the difference between a clean chain etc and a dirty one. The difference is to be experienced. You gain a gear or two tbh.

I use the Park Tool as it was the only one you can get spare parts for. I've used a Lidl one too and it was fine.

Advertisement