Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban Halloween? Too much trouble for what it's worth?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Glowing wrote: »
    Just after reading about the disgusting incident with the poor swan ... would you be happy to ban halloween?

I personally hate it - fireworks smuggled in from somewhere, keeping people awake and frightening animals, kids putting bangers in letterboxes and terrorising the elderly, bonfires going out of control, and then when the fire engines arrive, stones are thrown at them?! On top of all that, you have injuries, burns, and kids loosing hands and eyes from not being able to handle fireworks correctly.

So, shall we ban halloween?

Thank god it's an old pagan festival that causes this behaviour, i'd hate to think people are as cruel and evil as they actually are.
    That'd be depressing.

Jeez! You're all a bunch of miserable so and so's!

Hallowe'en, like Christmas and Easter isn't about adults! It's about the chislers and imaginations!

Get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

That swan didn't have much of an imagination left when some scumbag decided to blow his brains out.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That swan didn't have much of an imagination left when some scumbag decided to blow his brains out.

Nice.

And I suppose it's Haloween's fault a scumbag mutilated it?
    You arent the 'Matrix defense' lawyer are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jesus no, are you actively trying to bring about the ultimate nanny state?

Why punish everybody for the actions of a minority.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Nice.

I'm fairly certain it didn't have much of an imagination to begin with, what with it being a swan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have yet to hear a banger round here (last year was much quieter than previously). Long may it continue.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

mike65 wrote: »
    I have yet to hear a banger round here (last year was much quieter than previously). Long may it continue.

Mike

started last week down here,but only in the town. Out my way,its quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭BKtje

You're not banning it this year! I finally have a decent idea for a costume!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Ban? pfffft back in your hole....

Its pretty funny everyone is accusing scumbags of having all the fireworks lol, I had thousands as a child and blew the sh!t outa everything I saw, even the kitchen sink (1/4 stick of dynamite and a bet with a friend that fuses go out with water, turns out they don't!). Great fun altogether, it would be terrorable if some aul gumpy bollox got all that fun bad just cause they have no sence of fun :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

"Ban Halloween?" stop beating around the bush, just ban knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Its pretty funny everyone is accusing scumbags of having all the fireworks lol, I had thousands as a child and blew the sh!t outa everything I saw

Anyway I love Halloween but some folk do make it less fun, I say we kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Nooooo
    Halloween is the best time of the year.

Ban bloody Christmas..
    It's much worse for kids what with all the consumerism, and lying to kids, and the fat old man with a beard sneaking into childrens rooms if they've been bad or good.

You've got my vote there.

Halloween has always been my fave time of year for as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

6th wrote: »

i like where this is going

I really havent thought it through much more than that ..... seriously ... no great plan, or addressses, or surveylance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

6th wrote: »

Deal....I say we shove firecrackers up there hole

by firecrackers I mean firecrackers and not my penis for once

• Registered Users Posts: 81,797 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ban Halloween in Ireland? Yes. You people have no idea what you're doing. Fireworks? What the hell. You cannot mix fireworks and the most prank-filled day of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqldx5JBQiI

All hallows eve's upon us, the witching hour once more, bonfires are a'burnin, kids knockin on the door.Throwin hedgehogs on the bonfire, dressin up is lots of fun, never shove a foreign object up your bum!

No, you should never shove a banger up your arse on halloween, its not clever, its not funny some think its quite obseen, you should never shove a banger up your arse on halloween,cause you'll only blow your hole to smithereens.

Tricker treatin, pumpkin eatin, scary witches cat, better give us money mrs. or will dump on your doormat. Bobin for apples, shaggin cows, there's games for old and young, but don't stick a foreign object up your bum!

No, you should never shove a banger up your arse on halloween, its not clever, its not funny some think its quite obseen, you should never shove a banger up your arse on halloween,cause you'll only blow your hole to smithereens.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I like halloween, kids don't come around anymore because they're afraid of pedophiles and I get to eat all the sweets me mammy buys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Thaedydal wrote: »

Yes, if for no other reason than providing us with one of the greatest 'holiday' songs ever, Halloween should definitely not be banned. :pac:
    Just after reading about the disgusting incident with the poor swan ... would you be happy to ban halloween?

I personally hate it - fireworks smuggled in from somewhere, keeping people awake and frightening animals, kids putting bangers in letterboxes and terrorising the elderly, bonfires going out of control, and then when the fire engines arrive, stones are thrown at them?! On top of all that, you have injuries, burns, and kids loosing hands and eyes from not being able to handle fireworks correctly.

So, shall we ban halloween?

Now, in fairness, you're just describing a typical night in one of Dublin's less salubrious suburbs! ;):p

Really though, if you're going to ban every holiday or festival that a small amount of people ruin by going over-the-top, then there would no fun events at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

yes halloween is my fav time of the year - great childhood memories of building bon fires, guarding it from the kids down the road so they wouldn'd grab our stuff for their own and all the parents would sort out the illegal fireworks for us and launch them as we were too young at the time.

If you want to ban halloween to stop idiots doing stupid things best go back to sourse and just get rid of the idiots - if it's not halloween they'll be finding other excuses to cause trouble. let me see...Grad nights, birthdays, St. Patrick's day, Stags etc.

oh and while in mid rand! Christmas is sucking the life out of halloween! that said i do whistle christmas tunes to piss every one off in August - it makes me happy

Advertisement